“That's true what you said. La Suisse is very nice and so helpful!!!”
Review of La Suisse Hotel

La Suisse Hotel
Ranked #62 of 214 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We booked our accomodation the day before arriving in Nha Trang, We had looked on trip advisor and decided to give this place a try. Everything from booking accomodation to checking out was brilliant and effortless! We had a checklist of expectations of our room 1) Private room 2) Private bathroom 3) Air conditioner. When we got there we realised we had a fantastic room at a lovely hotel that surpassed our expectations. The hotel is beautiful. Most importantly it was quiet at night but still close to everything including right next door to Sailing Club and also vietnamese cuisine (also lonely planet choice). The management was fantastic, friendly, genuine and helpful. Vieet, the lovely owner, helped with every request and organised cheap exciting tours that made our holiday such a memorable time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Nha trang, It is very affordable, friendly and comfortable and the room with a large balcony on the 5th floor are fantastic!!! Happy travelling!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2010

We stayed here 3 nights in 2008 and again for three nights in April of 2010. We came back because we were impressed with the room as well as the level of service and friendliness of the staff. There were several new staff members this time but the experience was every bit as good as we remembered it to be. We stayed in one of the -01 rooms as they are very large with a balcony. The room was spotless and cleaned thoughoughly each day. The plumbing was good with plenty of hot water and the mini bar kept the beer and water very cold. There is an elevator and air conditioning. I read in a review that the furniture is old - it is but it is in good shape and also has class and character. We will return to this hotel on our next trip to Nha Trang. There are many newer hotels with some very large projects in the works. If you don't mind staying somewhere where it is just a business transaction you may want to stay at one of those. If you are like us and love the experince of staying in a small family run hotel with a more personalized feel to it you won't be disappointed with a stay at La Suisse. It is ideally located close to the beach and the action without being right in it. There is no sea view but it is only a 1 block walk to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

This hotel was absolutely disgusting! My stay was perfectly fine until I returned from the beach one morning to find that 400,000 dong was missing from my shorts, which were lying in my bag which I'd unfortuantely left unlocked. Furious, I told reception and they told me that there was no way my money was stolen, had I spent it? Of course my answer was no and I tried to leave but the receptionist told me that her manager would ask his cleaning staff and get my money back if they'd taken it. Could not believe for a second that the thieves would own up to it, but anyway.

I left and came back and the manager adamently stated his staff had not taken my money. I was incensed and said I was leaving immediately. I went to pack all my things and the receptionist, manager and three cleaners followed me, talking in Vietnamese and making more excuses.

I went to the reception and the manager started going nuts at me. He was yelling at me and calling me a liar, and when I said that I wasn't paying for my night's stay, he got even worse and then screamed at me that I had to pay for TWO nights as it was five in the afternoon!

I was absolutely furious, not to mention EXTREMELY stressed out because I refused to pay and they wouldn't give me my passport.

The whole situation was completely surreal and I DO NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE!! I see that a fellow reviewer below said they went into their room to find three maids going through their belongings - extraordinary!!

FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank PennyW26
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I stayed here 5 nights. It is a great hotel, great shower (not hand held which was nice for a change), a short walk to the beach and the sailing club. I had my bag stolen in Nha Trang and the staff at the hotel were very helpful, arranging for me to go to the police and interpreting for me. A great family run place. Close to a range of restaurants and souvenir shops. They were helpful with booking tours and transport. The room was bright and airy, a comfy bed and aircon. A good breakfast is included

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We arrived during Tet Holiday, so this was the ONLY Hotel we could find (above 'Backpacker-Hostel" Class. For only $25/night, it was alright for the value. If that is your budget, then this place is recommended. But, if your Budget can afford a little more $40-55/night, there are far better places around, provided rooms are available. For us, bedroom and bathroom very small, lighting inadequate, no safe in room, and WIFI was problematic except in Lobby. Still, the Staff tried to be helpful, and location good.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2010

The staff has a car that they used to pick up my friends and I from the bus depot when we arrived. When we arrived, they immediately offered us drinks and fruits for free. The staff was nice and spoke English. They even helped us book an overnight train to our next destination and offered money exchange at a fair price. The fact that the hotel has a elevator is a plus if you have lots of heavy luggage like we did. They offer laundry services, but just make sure that you know how many items you're giving them that way you ALL your garments back. Some of my laundry had gotten mixed up with another guests, which wouldn't have been awkward had they not been undergarments.... I didn't mind this hotel too much. It's clean, and located near a lot of restaurants and shops and even a mini post-office. The breakfast they included was good, and they even offered free light snacks before dinner time, a plus if you're trying to stay within a specific spending budget. --HOWEVER, on one occasion when I went around the block to get some refreshments, I returned to find three of the maids going through my LUGGAGE while cleaning my room! In my haste, I had left without locking my bags. Needless to say, they were shocked I had returned soo quickly. Since they were snooping, they picked up one of my facial products to ask where I had purchased it, and for how much. I guess they were trying to make light of a very awkward situation. -None of my things appeared to be missing. Perhaps they were just curious. Other than that, the bathrooms are clean and come with vents. They have a mini fridge in the room. The cable for the TV kind of fades in and out when it rains, but I was able to catch some clear channels. The floor I stayed on experienced some minor brownouts when it began to rain very heavily. Overall it's a fairly good hotel. They even have several computers you can use in the lobby for free when the staff isn't playing on them. --I would just keep a closer eye on my belongings the next time I stay there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We found the hotel to be in a great location and the staff could not do enough to help you. Travelled throughout South Vietnam and found this to be amongst the better hotels.
Definitely recommend for the value and location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family