“Deserves it's rating on Trip Advisor. Best budget hotel in Vietnam easily.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ha Van Hotel

Ha Van Hotel
Ranked #47 of 194 Hotels in Nha Trang
“Deserves it's rating on Trip Advisor. Best budget hotel in Vietnam easily.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

This hotel exceeded my expectations so much for what is listed as a budget hotel. It had a lift, roof top bar and restaurant and such freight and helpful staff. The room was very comfortable with en-suite bathroom. Bed and bedding very clean and comfy too. Full cable TV.

Staff helped us book some trips, and also travel arrangements to our next destination and all went very smoothly.

It's an excellent location with the beach and Sailing club just a couple of minutes down the road.

I really loved it at this hotel and other than a hotel where we paid $55 a night this was easily the best hotel we stayed at in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Flamingosuites, Manager at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2010
Madame and Monsieur,

First, thanks for your review of the Ha Van Hotel, it has made our staff very pleased this morning; it validate the efforts we give toward our guests. We hope that you will be back so see us in the future! We were more than surprise that you write that we were ‘’easily ‘’ the best budget hotel in Vietnam, we just hope that the statement is not entirely true! There are in Vietnam excellently good budget hotels that travellers can attend to (of some of those hotels, we are jealous as they have fantastic facilities and location)! That said, thank you a thousand times.

For the reader of this site, our team want to say that we are trying our best to welcome our guests the best we can with the facilities we have (we would certainly like to have larger rooms) but, one thing for sure, is that on the service side, nothing’s too much to facilitate your stay in Nha Trang.

One last thing, the Ha Van Hotel is not perfect (as stated many times before) but we give honest accommodation, advice and services. If something is not of you likening, you can always discuss it with us; our prime concern is for you to have the best stay possible in our beautiful city.

On behalf of our team,

Fred,
Manager at the Ha van Hotel
At your service!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
tuy hoa city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

It was everything we rated above for a 2 day stay, better than most small hotels and friendly-helpful staff. Breakfast with room made it very nice indeed and a better 'free' breakfast then most others! Prices of the drinks and other meals were very reasonable as well. I liked the free welcome drink(s) too after a long hot ride there.

My only two negative comments would be:
They need to work on making a cheeseburger. Everything else was great but (for the price) mine was small-overcooked and rock hard.
Since they make their own (which is very nice) I'd be happy to not only give them a good recepie for burgers but show the staff how to cook them.

There were two conversations about what to do with our motorbike. We did as we were asked but the next morning we were (strongly) reminded by one of the minor staff 'how' to do it again...I didn't appreciate that.

Bob Johnston, Tuy Hoa

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tuyhoabob
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

Would definitely recommend the Ha Van. Staff were great - friendly and helpful. Room very clean and LOVED the rooftop bar area. Definitely made the right decision following other reviews of this great hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
North of Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

Ha Van Hotel certainly lives up to its reputation. I stayed there for a week this trip and was wowed by the courteous staff and the facilities. The breakfast is not your ordinary budget affair. There are several selections to choose from. All of them good and plentiful. The rooftop bar and restaurant is comfortable and affords terrific views of the sea and hills. The room is a cut above most of the hotels I’ve stayed in here. This is my fifth trip to Nha Trang in 3 years and this is the best hotel for the money I have stayed in.

The location is great, you're only steps away from plenty of restaurants and the beach is two blocks down the street.

The reception staff is helpful upon check-in, actually all of the staff were great. The management has obviously worked hard to form a cohesive team. I have to add, the concierge, Mr Ha, went above and beyond, to help me with questions and projects I needed assistance with. Thank you Mr Ha!

I definitely recommend the Ha Van and will certainly stay there my next trip to Nha Trang.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
saigon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Was just here recently with a small group of friends and the hotel was perfect. Great value for money. 5 mins walk to the beach, clean rooms & beds, hot water shower, good roof top bar, good made to order breakfast, and pleasant helpful staff.

We had some special requests before arriving and the manager was very helpful by email.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
chicago, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Warm and friendly staff (at the front-desk, bar, and restaurant) was the best part of this hotel. The rooftop bar was also lovely at night. Room was about right for the price, but the bathroom was very small (with no real bathtub).

The location is right in the heart of what has become an extremely touristy part of town. If you are looking for pizza, loud bars, and neon lights, this is the place to go. We chose to move to the less touristy area the next night (and were glad we did).

Internet was free, but very slow. There were also several hours of no power, so therefore no internet.

Overall a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I stayed at Ha Van hotel near the end of a month long trip to SE Asia with friends. After going to 7 cities, this was one of my favorite hotels.

Form the beginning the staff was incredibly helpful, highlighting the best places to go during the day to relax, where to eat, where to go out at night, and the best places to go that guidebooks might not tell us about. They gave us a free welcome drink -- a REAL one, of our choice, from the bar on the top floor. The bar on the top floor was pretty nice. It was open air, had very cheap drinks and food. The food was much better than your average hotel bar also and without the usual hotel-food-price -- trust me.

On our second day there, my friends and I rented motorbikes from the front desk and they supplied us with a map they created to get to the best beach in the area (NOTE: there is a beach within a 4 minute walk which is very convenient and nice, but we wanted to go see the other beach for on of the 4 days we would spend in the city -- while I'm at it, the location is generally great it is near some mini-marts, a lot of cool bars, and great restaurants). Unfortunately, on my way to the beach I crashed my motorbike and had to go to the hospital. The Ha Van hotel went FAR above and beyond anything you would expect to help me through this situation.

First, when a car pulled to the side of the road after my accident I handed them the card to hotel because I couldn't speak any Vietnamese. The hotel spoke to the driver and worked everything out so that I could get a ride to the hospital and that my friends who had already made it to the beach would be picked up to meet me there -- they did all this without me even speaking a word to the hotel, just the driver that stopped spoke to them.

While I was being treated at the hospital, two representatives from the hotel showed up. The manager, Fred, came on his day off because he was concerned about my well-being. Mr. Ha also came and the two of them helped me communicate with the doctors and nurses through a very frightening time since I was badly injured and in a foreign country where I did not speak the language. All of this was initiated by them, they acted purely out of kindness. Mr. Ha insisted on pushing my wheelchair around the hospital and running next door to the pharmacy to get my medicine. He would check on me daily over the next couple of days and also arranged for a doctor to come to my room every day to continue my treatment.

Over the next couple days I was stuck in my hotel room bed, so you can trust me that the beds are comfortable. I also only ate room service, which was both extraordinarily cheap and satisfying. Their free breakfast was also good and had large portions. The wireless internet worked very well and I used it basically all the time while there. Throughout the time the entire hotel staff was amazingly kind, considerate, and helpful. They acted as true friends and were incredibly helpful during a very difficult time for me. I couldn't recommend the place enough and will definitely stay there again when I come back to see Nha Trang again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends