“Truly special”

Ranked #6 of 192 Hotels in Nha Trang
New York City, New York
“Truly special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Evason in Nha Trang is a truly special place. It's hard to describe what a spectacular time I had staying here. From the pick-up at the airport to the check-in to our room, we were so well cared for. Every detail is paid attention to and the staff couldn't be more helpful, kind and accommodating. The spa is very very zen and the beach restaurant can't be beat. The food is so delicious and we even took a tour of the countryside with Thua- who spent the whole day with us taking us to the countryside to watch rice paper, rice noodles and hats being made. They had even more tours to chose from as well as on-site resort activities everyday.

The resort itself is very beautiful and the rooms were very comfortable. And of course the beach-- amazing. I have been to five star resorts-- and this is how it is done. I didn't want to leave and could have easily stayed here for another week. It's definitely worth every penny and more-- so don't flinch at the room rates here compared to other places in Nha Trang, you will leave feeling like this place is more than worth what you paid for.

I will be back as often as I can here-- this place is very special.

Thank you to everyone at Evason- you made me trip to Vietnam really special.

Room Tip: If you can splurge on an oceanfront room.. I chose a garden, which was lovely-- but next time will s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Helen B,

Please forgive me that it has taken me so long to reply and thank you for your kind review of your stay with us.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed our location, our facilities and most importantly our caring and professional service. Thua was very happy to see his name being mentioned here and also thanks you for that.

I take it you will have to come back sometime soon so that we may continue pampering you and offering you our warm hospitality. We will be looking forward to that day.

Best regards and best wishes for the New Year,

Fernando Arroyo F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We arrived yesterday to the hotel in airport taxi and the hotel driver helped us to unload the luggage - there was an hotel staff member who completely ignored our arrival - no greeting, no hello, no smile. Something you do not expect from the 5 star resort. Then a staff member waved to us inviting to "check in" which was pronounced in a way which was difficult to understand . We were then greeted by Valeria (Russian speaking host) to the lobby adjacent to Pavilion restaurant bar and were offered welcome drink, sorbet and cold towels. The check in process was smooth. Valeria spoke perfect English and Russian as well and seems to be the only person who can communicate in understandable English in the hotel and she is very helpful and professional. I am Russian by origin and speak Russian , by husband is British, we leave in UK. While checking in the barmen complemented me on my English and mentioned that there are lots of Russians here who do not speak any English. He mentioned that they do not need to learn English as Russian are paying without too much talking and he does not need to learn English as he only needs their money. Very revealing conversation, not for the customer ears who just arrived, I would say.
The Six Senses Spa the therapist was good. The rest puzzled me, I was extremely tired therefore did not pay much attention at a time. The massage beds were not comfortable, the bath robe had holes in it. I am not sure whether it is an eco approach, but we stayed in other eco resorts which provided better quality garments.
The impression I have received that their major concern is not to provide a high quality service for the customers but how to ensure that the customer will eventually pay. All these cancellations policies I was introduced in the spa and credit cards checks on arrival left me with the feeling that some people left this resort without paying?? I have never seen this before.
The garden view rooms are very close to the noisy road and disco across the road. Overall impression of the first day is that you could have better value for your money and all the staff needs professional hospitality training. I will keep you updated. It might change.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allalev
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Allalev,

Warm greetings from Evason Ana Mandara. I hope that the continuation of your journey is going well as the weather continues to improve here in Vietnam.

Once more, and after our conversation last week, our most sincere apologies for the bad experience you encountered during your arrival. I trust that we were able to reverse the first bad impression you had about us and our service and that you enjoyed your stay.

We were delighted that you decided to extend your time with us for two more days and that you took full advantage of our morning activities. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to continue doing some yoga/tai chi once you go back home?!

Thank you once more to you and your husband for having spend this wonderful holiday season with us and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you back in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights at this incredible resort for our honeymoon in one of the beachfront villas. Everything at the resort has been very well thought out and designed for visitor's comfort and convenience. We loved both restaurants, the food being delicious! We didn't feel we needed to eat elsewhere as everything we needed was right there. I will really miss the dumplings at breakfast, they were divine. Loved waking up to a view of huts along the beach and the sunrise. Having our morning coffee on the balcony and listening to the sea.

The location was great. We walked a lot out of pure curiosity and all within walking distance we discovered markets, a mall, restaurants, cafes, karaoke! There were always plenty of taxis willing to pick us up and take us to close and interesting spots such as vinpearl for a trip on the cable cars.

All of the amenities were in clean condition and there were always lots of towels handy for swimming. The two pools were great. We really enjoyed cocktails by the fizz bar!

A big thank you to the helpful and genuinely friendly staff. We will never forget how helpful and pleasant everybody was. This includes everyone from the manager to the drivers to waitering staff, cleaners, reception staff, everyone! We also had an amazing tour through the resort for a swim by a waterfall which was a lot of fun with a couple of lovely guides.

The only section I haven't been able to review is the spa as we didn't use it, we were too busy having fun using everything else!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angela30856
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Angela30856,

Once more, congratulations on your wedding. I wish I could send you a daily supply of dumplings for you and your husband to enjoy every morning.

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us and specially for recognizing the professional, friendly and caring service all our Hosts (staff) provide to our guests. Ana Mandara means beautiful home in ancient Vietnamese so trust we really made you feel at home.

Since you did not have time to try our wonderful Spa, we can only hope that you will visit us once more soon for some tantalizing spa treatments and more breakfast dumplings of course.

Best wishes for a very happy married live,

Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were there in the summertime!!! and the only thing we could say, it was AMAZING!!! Great food, very nice room and the staffpeople were so nice and helpful... We can say Thank you so much for making our holidays unique!!! we're coming back one day :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Katinka F,

We can only hope that your return day will be soon!. Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us last summer and already look forward to welcoming you back.

I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a great 2014.

Tyneside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Chose this hotel after really full on 13 night tour of Vietnam and Cambodia. Booked for 7 nights which included 2 free nights on B&B basis. Private transfer to and from airport, welcomed with cool towels and chilled bottled water by drivers. On arrival were met by guest relations member (May) and then by general manager Fernando. Offered cool drink and ice cream. Check in was completely sorted by May without fuss. Garden rooms had been booked. These run parallel to busy main road and could be found to be noisey from traffic if you're a light sleeper. I used ear plugs having read reviews prior to travel and had no problems. A room change was offered however I chose to remain. We found the staff and their levels of service and eagerness to please we're what stood out during our stay. Very professional and friendly, keen to engage with you and practice their English which we really enjoyed. Beach at front is cleaned well maintained. Pool areas and grounds are lovely. Choice of menus in restaurants is varied with Asian and Western choices. Complimentary treatments in the spa were also welcome. Pillow menu was needed, this was a really nice touchA perfect way to end our holiday. Sorry we missed our goodbyes with the general manager, when we left on 2.12.13 (rooms 126 and 127) however thanks for great stay and good wishes to you all for the future. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Beach Front rooms would be a real treat!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear GlobetrotterTynesid,

Hosting you after your long touring around was a pleasure. We are the perfect place to end a holiday and relax while enjoying our facilities, our wonderful Six Senses Spa and our delicious food.

I personally thank you for taking the time to talk to our Hosts, thus giving them the opportunity to practice their English and learn more of it.

I also regret I did not have the opportunity to say good bye before your departure, but trust that you will visit us again in the near future so that I may welcome you back and wish you farewell as well. We shall keep up the good work until you come back, and then some more.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We've travelled the world and had some lovely moments, but never have we experienced the whole package of Beautiful country, Stunning hotels, superb courteous staff from the gardener to the waiters to the reception and bartenders and room maid finished off with the Management. The whole organisation are an absolute credit, and to us flag bearers on how service should be delivered. To cap the ultimate experience on our final day our plane from Nha Trang to Hanoi was cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather. The hotel was ahead of the game, they sorted everything out with Vietnam Airlines thus taking the stress away from us, and the icing on the cake was to spend an extra night at Evason Ana Mandara. Thank you Thank you for a wonderful time and see you in August. Counting down the days already. Mr Lee & Missy Carol.

Room Tip: Based near reception and the bar is great. But to be honest any room is great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeeH1957
Dear Lee & Carol,

You honor us with your kind review of your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and thank you for the opportunity to show our services and facilities to you.

Thank you also for taking the time to visit our sister property, Six Senses Ninh Van Bay. Looking forward to your return visit in August and please do let me know ahead of time if you have any special requests.

Fernando Arroyo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Received a warm welcome at Evason Ana Mandara After our welcome drinks and checkin beautifully dressed staff showed us around the resort Two absolutely gorgeous swimming pools and multiple bars and restaurants Our favourite bar was Fizz Bar by the smaller of the two pools Served by Choae at the Bar and enjoyed a lovely few relaxing hours (Eating Drinking and chatting) A great place to Chill Just loved the covered Day Beds by the pool Meals at both restaurants were of a high quality and great light meals from the bar Would recommend a massage at the Day Spa A great experience Dieu was an asset to the day spa. Our beachfront villa was perfect with a big 4 poster bed We had an amazing outlook over the beach The outdoor private bath area in our villa was massive with rainwater showerhead Delightful resort Wish we'd had longer than 2 nightst The staff are an asset to this beautiful resort Would love to return one day

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear willowrose2013,

Thank you for your lovely review and forgive me for taking so long to reply to it.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and trust that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future and for a longer period. Thank you also not only for your praises about our facilities, spa and food, but most importantly our Hosts (staff). I have personally told Chau and Dieu that you mentioned them and they felt very happy.

Not only them but all of us look forward to your return visit.