“best hotel ever!!”

Ranked #8 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
Derby
“best hotel ever!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just back from the hotel and can't say enough how special it is!!The beach view villa we had was amazing.The staff were all so friendly but not in an overbearing way they were also good at backing off when they saw you just wanted to be left to your own devises.
Only breakfast & pool snacks at the resort as we like to eat out but these were both great .Without a doubt the best quality breakfast ever the juices were the best ever.
Cocktails were amazing .What was so obvious was that the staff were extremely happy and well managed as they also appeared as chilled out as the guests even though they were clearly working extremely hard.I was unfortunately unwell while at the hotel and the nurse was at my villa within about 5 minutes and did a thorough exam , gave me appropriate meds , checked on me throughout the day and basically got me fit for my 22 hr journey home.He was lovely and as a nurse myself I really appreciated his lovely bedside manner when I was so anxious and far away from home.
We didnt really like Nha Trang but the hotel is the best and I dont know how we personally will top it .Well done to everyone who works there you are the best !!1

Room Tip: I personally think go beach view rather than beach front only a few steps in it !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear fw37,

What a lovely review of our little piece of paradise in Nha Trang. Thank you so much for your kind words and for the best header ever for your review. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed our stay with us and recognized the high quality of our breakfast and food, as we take great pride in our gastronomic offerings for which we use only the freshest of ingredients, most of them local ones. Our Chefs prepare each dish with great professionalism but most importantly, with great care and dedication.

I also will like to thank you for mentioning our Hosts (staff) and the way they treat our guests. Ana Mandara means beautiful home in ancient Vietnamese, thus we treat all our guests like we would family in our home. Our nurse Duc is great as you mentioned. We are lucky and proud to have him in our team.

Nha Trang is a growing city with many things to offer, but regardless of what goes on in town, we are here to welcome you back hopefully in the future. We would love to spoil you even more.

Fernando Arroyo F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Again we stayed here for 7 nights in February, after 16 days of travelling in Cambodia and Vietnam,
Our first time at the Ana Mandara had been in March 2012 and reviewed on May 29, 2012.

We know how much it takes to be perfect, but to remain perfect is the much bigger challenge and the Ana Mandara accomplished easily!

The location is unique, directly on the beach with excellent food and facilities and yet within easy walking distance of tourist attractions, restaurants and shops.

But most of all it is the staff who make the difference and make this such a beautiful and delightful place to relax and unwind!
You really do feel that the staff care for you and want to make sure you are happy, they give you the feeling that they know you personally. The service we received everywhere in the resort was absolutely perfect in a very relaxed and unobtrusive manner, a rare luxury in these days!
Fernando, the manager, reinforces the pleasant effect with the subtle influence of showing presence and leading by example.

We would like to give many thanks to all of the staff and especially to:
Ms Nhu, Ms May and all the staff at the reception who gave us a very warm welcome-back and were always very helpful!
Jeevan, the food was excellent again, we enjoyed both breakfast and dinner very much!
The waiting staff for the perfect service!
The ladies at the Spa for the most relaxing and pampering treatments!
The housekeeping, our villa was always spotlessly clean!
The activity team for being very helpful!

We travel a lot and always stay in very good hotels but this is definitely one of our top three and if it wasn't for the very long journey we would be back every year.

Room Tip: Beachfront Villa or Deluxe Seaview
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Katharina and Urs,

You have made everyone's day (if not the entire week) in the resort with you kind comments. I cannot thank you enough for your review. To host you back was a pleasure and an honor for all, as it was for me to meet you for the first time.

I have personally passed your special thanks to Nhu and May and have posted your review in our bulletin board for all to read.

We can only hope that you will visit us again soon in your ana mandara ("beautiful home" in ancient Vietnamese) in Vietnam. We will be ready to welcome you with open hearts.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I walked in saw the view of the sea through the hotel reception and knew straight away this was the place for my last two nights. I hadn't pre booked as I had been backpacking and being organised was never a strong point of mine. It wasn't a problem although they were extremely busy the receptionist ( who helped me on numerous occasions throughout my stay even finding someone to fix my rather exhausted looking bag) found me two different rooms for the two nights. The first room was lovely however on the second day when I had the beach facing villa I really knew I had found paradise!!! Beach was wonderfully clean and quite. All the staff were absolutely fantastic even one night making some food up for me at god knows what time in the morning after a very late night in Nha trang town. I realised as a 22 year old backpacker travelling alone I was an unlikely customer and most others were older couples however I never felt awkward sitting up to a cocktail as the staff where so friendly. Everything I wanted and needed was at this resort ( except breakfast could have ended a little later as I found it too difficult to get up before 10)
The spa was amazing had a beautiful massage and felt totally relaxed and rejuvenated.
Anyone that wants to visit Nha trang should stay here it is only a little walk to the town and the beach is by far the best and the service is fantastic :D even though I am back in England I still feel relaxed from my stay!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Elizabeth C,

To have a young 22 year old pack-packer traveling alone stay in our resort was refreshing and fun. Ana Mandara means beautiful home in ancient Vietnamese, and a home welcomes family members of all ages, thus hosting you with the same care and dedication we host everyone else, is just our nature.

Thank you indeed for your kind words. The fact that you are still feeling relaxed many days after your journey ended is the best news you can give us. We can only hope that you will return and visit us again -and do bring your exhausted looking bag with you- only that next time please stay for a longer period of time so we can pamper you even more.

Fernando Arroyo f.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We relaxed at Evason Ana Mandara in Nha Thrang 4 days during a sight seeing trip through Vietnam.

The rooms, the hotel site and the private beach are really wonderful. All staff members are extremely supportive and always had quick solutions to all our concerns. The whole team is really focussed on customer satisfaction.

We visited the SPA a couple of times and enjoyed the treatments very much. The SPA team is focussed to provide a great experience. Two swimming pools are available, one for relaxed bathing, the other allows good swimming. Fitness room is well equipped and much better than in many other other hotels.

However, the hotel is located between a four lane main road and the beach. On the other side of the road there is the old airport with some occassional flight traffic. Depending on the wind the base noise level is very high, also in the villas and in the SPA. So we already waked up with honking noises in the early morning. For us this was a serious concern. Probably not easy, but for our next relaxing days in Vietnam we are going to look for a hotel with the same excellent quality but farer away from the main roads.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Burkhard F,

Your concern regarding the road noise is very well noted. Nha Trang has grown quite rapidly in the last few years, and with it the traffic. We are indeed looking at the best possible solution to make our rooms more sound proof to mitigate this issue and will have it addressed soon.

On the same note, I do want to thank you for all your flattering comments about our facilities, our services, including our wonderful Six Senses Spa, but most importantly, the quality and friendliness of our Hosts (staff). They are the ones that really make Evason Ana Mandara so special.

Next time you visit Nha Trang, please do consider our sister property Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, just across the bay. Their location makes it completely sound proof to the beats of the city. Hopefully by then our rooms will have completed the work we are planning and you can divide your stay between both resorts.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for 3 days and enjoyed genuine excellent service and hospitality. Our deluxe sea view villa was very comfortable. The restaurant Manager, Loan, was very helpful, the Manager Fernando give us a personal welcome and we also enjoyed a welcome cocktail party on the beach. The hotel has an exceptional location being close to privat beach, two pools and close walk to Nha Trang. Strong recommendation to have a relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Jon M,

Our location is indeed unique, being the only resort in Nha Trang directly on the beach. As you well mention, we are also just a short walk away from all what the city has to offer. We are like a little oasis in Nha Trang.

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write your experience here with us. Thank you also for mentioning Loan for her great and helpful service. I have already told her to check Tripadvisor to see what guests think of her. I can already see the big smile in her face once she reads it.

Three days are not really enough to fully take advantage of all we have to offer, so with that, I hope you will return one day in the not-to-distant future. We will be delighted to host you back.

Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We travel frequently . Have seen 52 Countries.This Hotel belong t0 our top 3.The location is fantastic. The rooms are great and wonderful furnished.Ana Mandara is a beautiful as an amazing place of relaxation. in the evening you van visit the the city and enjoy Vietnamese
atmosphere in Nha Trang. The personal are very very friendly. we thank Miss Lan. She cared on our on us very very friendly and skillful.

Room Tip: The rooms at the shore are highly recommended
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear M-Tadayyon,

I know that there are many fabulous hotels around the world, so to learn that we are considered to be on the top three list of a seasoned traveler, is indeed very flattering.

Thank you for mentioning our facilities and our location, the same that is unique in Nha Trang as we are the only resort on the beach, but most importantly, thank you for praising the caring and professional service our Hosts (staff) provide to all our guests. Thank you also for mentioning Lan. I will personally ask her to read your review. She will be delighted to see her name here.

Please do come and visit us again in a near future. We have lots of TLC that we just love to share with all our guests. Looking forward to your return visit.

Fernando Arroyo F
High Wycombe, England
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in February after having spent 4 weeks travelling around Thailand and IndoChina on an amazing but hectic schedule, and Ana Mandara certainly gave us the rest and relaxation we needed before going home. All the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our beach front bungalow was perfect, very spacious with a very comfortable bed. Room was always spotlessly clean, and the one small problem we had of the outside lights not working was fixed immediately. The set-up on the beach is just perfect, loungers with huge towels already set up, with a flag attached to the parasol with drinks and food menu printed on it, which you just waved if you wanted anything, so orders were brought to us where we were, on the beach without us moving at all. What more could you want! This was a reflection of the service we received everywhere on the resort, sheer luxury but in a very relaxed and unobtrusive manner. Would definitely come again if ever we are out that way.

Room Tip: We had beach front bungalow 326. Very quiet but only a 2 minute walk from reception, restaurant and...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Award01uk,

I trust you had a safe journey back. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to visit this part of the world.

Thank you very much for your review about your relaxing stay with us. We are indeed the perfect place to end a hectic journey and be pampered before returning home. Asia is fascinating and I do hope you will be able to come back as there are many treasures to be discovered. When that opportunity comes again, we will be ready to welcome you back and spoil you even more.