“Excellent Italian, great service”
Review of Ankyun

Ankyun
Ranked #43 of 744 Restaurants in Yerevan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I can't imagine how this restaurant has any poor reviews. The prices are definitely higher than many places in Yerevan, but I think the food is well worth the price. I may have a different perspective re: price having lived in Manhattan for 7 years and now Sydney, but finding eggplant parm that tastes like my grandmother's is priceless! We went with a large group of people and the staff were more than accommodating in combining 7 tables for us. They never complained when a few more friends dropped by to join us and took their orders separately even though we were nearly done. There were almost 20 of us by the time the night was over and we were all tasting food from each other's plates. There was not one thing that we didn't like. From memory we tried a few pizzas, the eggplant parm, pine nut linguine, gorgonzola risotto, pesto spaghetti, beet salad, caprese salad, ravioli, lasagna, and tiramisu. The highlights for me were definitely the eggplant parm, lasagna and tiramisu. My mouth is still watering thinking about this meal and I will definitely be back next time we are in Yerevan.

3  Thank jessacquard

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed in a hotel around the corner from this restaurant and went there for dinner one night. The experience was very good and we were sorry not to have more time to come back.
We were in asparagus season, so had a starter and soup from asparagus, lovely.
Then we shared caprese salad, they have Armenian made mozarella and we thought it was of very good quality.
Then we went for risotto and pasta dishes - both excellent; loved the fruity taste in the risotto, really something I have not tried before.
The service was friendly, prompt and professional.
The anmosphere is simple, non-pretentious; it is a nice place to visit with friends / family and enjoy a relaxed evening.
The prices are not very cheap but not over the top either, good price / quality ratio.
It was probably our best meal in Armenia :).

1  Thank anchi100
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had a wonderful Italian meal in the heart of Yerevan just minutes from the republic square. Friends had recommended it as good spot to hit for our short stay in Yerevan and we're happy we listened. The service was fantastic and the food was even better. My two boys had limonatas and my wife had two great glasses of their house white wine. Dry and crisp with a hint of citrus. The menu had plenty of choices, but we all decided on pastas for our main courses. We started out with a nice caprice salad and for different pasta choices. Pesto, carabonera, tomato, and bolognese. Each of them were great. Four for four is pretty impressive in our home. I definately recommend it.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Probably the most Italian restaurant in Yerevan. Steaks are good but try their authentic Italian dishes. The owner had an Italian restaurant in Europe and moved his experience here. It's in the center, easy to find. Service is OK, wines are OK too, but not on top. Try it.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a nice easy-going place with definitely an Italian menu. Although we are food "snobs" being from Oakland, the food was good. The service was good and pleasant.

There are daily specials, and I had one-scallops done with excellent asparagus. The other dish was lasagna was so-so.

The wine we had was Italian white wine and good.

We got the recommendation from Lonely Planet.