“Areg Hotel is the best”

Ranked #21 of 69 Hotels in Yerevan
Tehran
“Areg Hotel is the best”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had 5 calm and peaceful nights in Areg hotel. Its vicinity to the Yerevan's railway station made our commutation to the center of the city very convenient and cheap. Prices are lower compared to the other hotels placed near the center, while I believe the services provided are comparable. Since it is located a little bit far from the center, it benefits from the silence and peacefulness of the Yerevan. The breakfast is served in the yard with the beautiful scenery of the apricot tree bearing fruits. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staffs are very nice, always ready to help. It would be certainly my first choice, the next time I visit Yerevan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mahya S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Whenever I am in Yerevan on business, I don't need to bother asking myself in which hotel I should stay. Areg has been and will continue to be my first choice, and I don't plan to change it for any hotel next to the city centre which, logistically, would make more sense for my business. Clean and spacious rooms and easy access are its main advantages in terms of logistics. You have an easy walk of about 5 minutes to the very reliable metro which runs every 5 minutes during the day and every 10 minutes during the evening. This means that in order to go to the Republic square from the hotel you don't waste more than 15-20 minutes. A 100 meters away from the hotel, en route to the metro, there is a decent market and several small shops where you can buy food, drinks, etc. Besides the comfort that Areg offers you, there is plenty of something else there, which gives to the hotel an extra value - the infinite kindness and willingness to help. I should emphasise that I have hundreds of thousands of miles of travel behind me and I can say that I have nowhere and never encountered such a friendly staff. Whatever you need, they are there to help, in such a sweet, unassuming manner. In addition, what is most important, in all those years I have stayed in Yerevan, the staff's approach and attitude to their guest, and the quality of hotel has not changed – it has improved. A couple of rooms have already been refurbished, improvements are seen also in the courtyard, and there are further plans to renovate... Long and beautiful story short, having stayed in so many hotels around the world, I can safely recommend Areg as your first choice if you find yourself in Armenia's capital. In fact, as you can see from the reviews below, an impressive majority of visitors agree.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank COK274873
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed five nights in Areg in March'13. The rooms have been freshly renovated and are excellent value for the price - very spacious. Our kids loved the place, it has its own little yard to play and rest. The location is a bit away from the centre, but quiet and peaceful.
The best however is the very friendly staff - no matter what question you have or what problem is bothering you, they will do whatever is in their power to help you.
If I come back to Yerevan, I certainly will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Philipp F
Esfahan, Iran
Reviewed 16 March 2013

this hotel has a good location, near the embassy of united states and is close to the monuments and historic parts of Yerevan ( but not less than 1 km) ; it's near to metro station.
other specifications of this hotel is its price which is affordable and its staff politeness and hospitality.
over all you can have a comfortable and cheap stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank RaheIsfahan
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

It was a little over a year ago that I last stayed at the Areg. My return lived up to expectations. This hotel is not the normal big city plastic, all rooms identical, devoid of warmth that one experiences so often when travelling, no instead it is pure Armenia. The rooms are large and comfortable, and offer all one needs in the form of heating (aircon for the hot summer months), bathroom and quality of bedding. There is no breakfast menu, it is after all a small family run Armenian hotel and they see no need for such an item. Breakfast is basic but filling and I am certain that were one to ask it would prove possible to have fried, poached or scrambled egg rather than the hard boiled variety that was the order of the day last January. Free wifi is on tap albeit not in all rooms, I chose to sit in reception with a local lager and make contact with home. I have to report that on my second night I noticed a leak emanating from the base of my in room toilet. With no input from me all my possessions were moved to another room with the razor, soaps, toothbrush etc even being placed in the exact same order that was the layout in my first location. A small act but indicative of how this family strive to please their guests. Yes, the price at the Areg is true value and it is mere minutes from the metro, the bus routes and the main train station. You are not located in the city centre but not far from it and in a pleasing neighbour hood where personal safety is the order of the day.

Room Tip: I have had three rooms, two on this latest visit and all afford all that one needs, spacious, warm a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MalmesburyDave
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed two nights in Areg in September '12. It is easy to recommend this hotel. The staff was helpful, the double room clean and very spacious, the breakfast OK. And the hotel was very peaceful. The receptionist borrowed as the needed coins to buy metro tickets as we arrived to the hotel with no local money.
The hotel is situated not in the center of Yerevan. There is a 20-30 minutes walk there.To the closest metro station there is a 7-8 minutes walk.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PekkaMi
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Me and my son was in Armenia last summer and we stayed in Areg Hotel. I want to give Areg Hotel best recommendation, for their kindness, hospitality, friendly staff and for the good service. They gave us a wonderful tours in whole Armenia and they also gave my son the wonderful birthday memory when all staff offered him a trip to Sevan Lake. Areg Hotel will be our second home in Armenia. Many many many thanks see you soon :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family