“Fantastic and close to metro station”
Review of Areg Hotel

Areg Hotel
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nona the owner and her staff are always around and they will organise for you everything you need to feel like at home.
We have spent in this hotel 3 nights in summer 2013 and we would not mind to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jozinzbazin

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Areg. It's location is good - five minutes from the station with an easy metro connection into Republic Square. There are a number of small shops and an ATM near the station as well so this is handy.
We thought the price was very good; we had a lovely huge room and bathroom which was nicely furnished and cleaned every day. Breakfast is served outside in the nice courtyard and differs each morning. The food was good although the portions were a little too big for us!
The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Nvard kindly arranged a tour for us to Lake Sevan, and she was extremely knowledgeable - thank you once again, we had a wonderful day! The hotel was also able to arrange a taxi for us to Khor Virap which was really helpful.
Overall, we really enjoyed our time at Areg, especially the hotel's 'family-feel'. We would happily return again and recommend to friends. Thankyou very much!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jkp204
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very convenient location- 10 minutes from Main Railway Station in Yerevan and metro line to city centre. You reach Republic Square in another 10 minutes! The parking near the station (opposite side to hotel- go via tunnel) is also the starting point of marshrutkas to Khor Virap. The streets leading to the hotel from the station are full of shops open till late- we did shopping (fruits, water, wine, beer) on the way to our hotel. The area is residential and very quiet, an oasis comparing to hot and hectic city centre.
The hotel has impressively large, comfortable rooms with efficient air- conditioning and nice bathrooms. There is pleasant patio inside the complex with tables adn chairs where I used to sit after hot day in the city. Breakfasts are served in same patio, not much varied but the kitchen was able and keen to accomodate to our requests.
The downfall of the place is communication problem of the staff. They speak only basic English. We arrived by train from Tbilisi at 10 a.m. in the morning and they wanted to charge us for early arrival (4 hours early!) but they failed to explain that in English to us. If we did know that we could have taken our room after 2 p.m.! And the hotel was not cheap after all.
I would also advise against buying trips in their own touring agency (information in the lobby). Same trips are substantially cheaper in the city centre. The most popular company is Huyr Service- app. 20% cheaper than Areg Tours.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed in Areg hotel in Yerevan for one week during my visit to Armenia this summer. It was very pleasant place to rest after doing a lot of travelling around Yerevan and Armenia. The hotel is clean, with spacious rooms, well furnished and for a good price. It is located in quiet residential area close to Yerevan train station and metro. The stuff is helpfull and friendly. They can be a source of information about Yerevan, you can also find trips and tours around Armenia at the tour desk in the hotel. Breakfasts are real Armenian experience, tastefull and delicious, served in a small courtyard. Wifi is available in the yard and at the reception, allthough you can catch weak signal in your room as well. In the vicinty of this establishment it's plenty of shops and other services. Wish to recomend this place to everyone who wants to visit Yerevan.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Areg Hotel was for me like a oasis. I was travelling with my son of 8 months old and my son of 10 years old. The staff of the hotel were really dedicated to make my stay the best as possible.
In terms of room, my room was big enough, quiet,confortable enough and clean. Staff speak a very good English (aside of the fact they speak also Russian ..)
Breakfast were different every day which I found good. I did appreciate the easy walking distance from the train and metro station

I surely recommend this hotel. I will defintely come back to Areg Hotel for my next visit in Yerevan.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is certainly a very good and pleasant hotel and I cannot imagine anyone being unhappy with it! It is only a few minutes walk from the station, which is also a good place to get taxis, change money etc., and is also signposted - straight ahead from the station, something like the 3rd or 4th on the right. We arrived off the night train at about 6:30am (I think) - they gave us a family room (we were 5 people) which was really spacious with stairs, double bed below and twins above, with an extra bed put in. (They did charge us for an extra half day for arriving early). Rooms, beds, hot water, showers, breakfast all very good and staff helpful with destinations etc. We were particularly happy with the taxi they booked for us to Goris - 35,000 for 5 people in a big car with the most wonderful, friendly and genuine driver called Ike who was only too happy to keep stopping along the way at Khor Virat or to buy honey, take photos etc. If you intend to visit Goris or Gyumri or anywhere, stay here and ask for Ike!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Areg is a family run, cozy place. I have stayed there 2 times. at first I booked it with an online booking system, trusting the positive reviews and then the 2nd time i already knew where to stay. the staff was very helpful. i got a private wi fi device in my room, I was calling them " no problem" , as there was nothing they couldn't do for you. oh .. Yes, and i liked Armenian boiled coffee in the nice yard ( I don't know if the coffee was Armenian or Turkish , but they said so..). i will stay there again and again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple