“Nice boutique type place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Meg

Hotel Meg
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Yerevan
sydney
“Nice boutique type place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is a small and friendly place, a bit more like a bed and breakfast than full hotel. Staff very helpful, quiet, nice rooms and a good breakfast. We ate twice at La Cochina which is also owned by the owner and a short stroll away, but there are many other choices nearby.
I was initially quoted a price in US dollars, yet they seemed surprised that I wanted to actually pay in dollars (cash), preferring Armenian dram. However they pleasantly agreed to accept dollars.
I would certainly return here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank magnet1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We didn't know the country at all, so it was nice to have them pick us up from the airport. More expensive than a taxi, so if I went back I don't think I'd get the hotel transfer, but only now I know where I'm going! Don't be put off by external appearances. Actually, it's in a nice quiet road just 1 minute walk from the main road in the city. We walked everywhere in Yerevan from here (think we only got the metro once). In less than 5 minutes you can walk to some restaurants, including a pizza place that is not bad if you want something quick and easy. Also 5 minutes the other way brings you to the cascades, a really nice area that also has some restaurants at the base of it and feels like you could be in Italy. Anyway, back to hotel - it's clean, comfortable and has everything you'd need. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful and gave us tons of DVDs to watch in our room. Breakfast everyday was simple but hearty, with fresh bread and jam, cheese, salami and eggs. What's more they bring it into your room on a trolley - Perfect! Would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lighter023
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Huge rooms, delicious breakfast, beautiful bathrooms! We absolutely loved our stay in Hotel Meg! The airport transport was great and needed as I doubt I'd have found it otherwise. But location wise I couldn't have wished for better. Literally 3 minutes walk to the cascade (walk up the steps opposite and to the left for a quick route to the top).
The staff were excellent and their English superb.
Would love to return on my next trip to Armenia!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank MrFly1981
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have spent 6 nights at this well situated, central hotel just off Mashtotts Ave,the main street but at the top 'quieter' end. There are only 7 rooms and my room (3) is really spacious and has an excellent kitchenette with good sized fridge, tea coffee and utensils for 2 people. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. Rouzan on reception was especially helpful and charming.
Breakfast is served when you like and served in your room, freshly made eggs, coffee or tea and great breads and homemade tasting jams.
Laundry service also very efficient and inexpensive-highly recommended hotel!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are similarly large, my room 3 had an open outlook with opening windows.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Angieg23
Togo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed for two nights in a one-room suite, #2. It's a spacious room with a dining table and chairs, a desk, an armchair, and a queen bed. They brought in an extra single bed and a portable baby bed (Pack N Play) and it all fit with room to spare. The kitchenette was perfect and they had very reasonable prices on the minibar items. The bathroom was huge and nicely done. Shower only--no tub--with great water pressure and lots of hot water. Very nice, soft towels. It's about 3 blocks from the Opera House, walking distance to everything in the center. Also, cabs are really cheap in Yerevan, so we took cabs several times. (We were travelling with 3 young kids.) The hotel is very close to a number of playgrounds and outdoor cafes. We'll definitely stay here again if we return to Yerevan.

Room Tip: We were pleased with Room #2. It's right next to the reception desk but we never heard a sound...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lotsotravel
Mentone, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

From the moment I arrived at the Hotel Meg, I felt right at home! The reception staff welcomed me warmly and assisted me in many ways with planning my time in Yerevan and in seeing other areas of Armenia. The hotel's location on a quiet backstreet but only a minute's walk from Yerevan's main thoroughfare was absolutely perfect, with lots of shops, restaurants, and attractions within easy walking distance. The daily in-room breakfast service was delightful, and the best dinner of my three-night stay was eaten in a nearby Italian restaurant called La Cucina, which is operated by the same man who owns the Hotel Meg. I highly recommend this restaurant for its cuisine, service, and ambience! The Hotel Meg is truly a gem.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bill B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

The first thing that most travelers to Armenia will notice is the exceptional level of hospitality and helpfulness of most Armenians you meet. This is truly a country which elevates "hospitality" into a new stratosphere.

This is all captured and multiplied by this wonderful hotel. I stayed here with a business colleague for two nights this December on a three-week long trip through the South Caucasus. After two weeks in Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia (also wonderful places) this hotel felt like "home." They had the most comfortable bed I had slept in for weeks and the staff that runs the hotel is simply amazing. We arranged for a pick up from the train station (train from Tbilisi to Yerevan) and the driver was prompt, courteous and kind. Even though we arrived way before our check-in time at 0700 in the morning, the hotel still put together a delicious breakfast served in our rooms that morning.

The rooms are very spacious. You will get the sense of more of a small flat or studio apartment than a hotel. Everything is immaculately clean and the decor is modern and pleasant.

The best part of this hotel is the people who work there, however. They arrange absolutely everything for you and are always on hand for local advice on shopping, restaurants, and transportation. All are completely fluent in English and Russian (including the adorable little girl who sometimes accompanies her auntie and mother behind the front desk) so you will not have communications problems at all. (Actually, most Armenians can speak one or the other and often both---which is extremely helpful).

The prices are very, very fair as well. We paid about $80 USD per night and that includes breakfast (hard boiled eggs, cheeses, meats, bread, pastries, jams and tea or coffee) served in your room. Nice mini bar stocked with all you could want if that's your thing and all the free water and tea you can handle. Very reliable and fast internet connection as well.

The hotel is very central and in short walking distance to Yerevan's historic sites and the business district (5-10 mins). It is a little hidden with the entrance up a back alley so you should arrange for an airport pickup (again, very reasonably priced) or transfer or just give them a ring so that they can talk to your taxi driver.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Although I traveled on business, it seems to also be very family friendly as well.

Whenever travel takes me to Yerevan again, I will stay here for sure.

Loved this place and pretty sure you will too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business