“Most courteous and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Regineh

Hotel Regineh
Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Yerevan
Sydney, Australia
“Most courteous and helpful staff”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed with our family of four ( 2 adlults and 2 teenagers) in a very big 2 bedroom spacious family suite (room 501) with a huge patio and a view of Mount Ararat right in front of us.
The daily breakfasts were plentiful, delicious and to everyone's tastes. There was a supermarket within walking distance and very cheap taxis to take us to Republic square right at the door. The staff were increadibly helpful and the ATM machine at the hotel very handy for quick cash withdrawls. We never used the swimming pool (too busy with other activities).
Overall the hotel was very good value for money and one of a very very few in Armenia to offer family suites with seperate bedrooms ! The staff at Regineh Hotel were always the first to asnwer our emails while we were trying to book an appropriate hotel (all the way from Australia ) for the very busy September celebrations of the 20th Independence Anniversary. We also had a fantastic driver by the name of Lernik Stepanian [--] who for very reasonable fees took us to all the sightseeing attractions in and out of Yerevan. A most memorable holiday for all our family.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Cambridge
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The location is not central but it is in a nice area and the view from my room was stupendous. I arrived in the middle of the night so next morning I got a wonderful surprise on seeing Mount Arrarat from my balcony The room was spacious though to begin with I found the bed very hard, though that's the same I think in most of the hotels in this part of the world. It was however a good quality mattress and the bed linen was good quality too. I had some difficulty to begin with (it was the middle of the night) working it out though and thought I was supposed to sleep in a funny contraception with my legs sticking out. It was a duvet cover I think. The bathroom was very good I thought, with a good quality shower and the overall cleaniness very good too.
The staff are quite helpful, though their English is not that great and I did have some problems getting access to the computer (but they have it, though you do have to pay) There is a bar that stays open all night which I used on arrval, gin but not tonic. It is rather basic but at 3am in the morning I was not complaining. The breakfast was I thought quite good - cheese, tomatoes etc with eggs as well. There is also a swimming pool which is a great plus. It was quite crowded though as they let non residents in it, so there was a bit of a racket. Overall a very good hotel which is reasonably priced!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank annemarie10
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
Reviewed 24 July 2011

this is a damn good hotel:
1. fantastic view on Ararat mountain (at least from room 114 and room near it)
2. very large rooms
3. polite personnel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Max F
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We visit Yerevan with my husband first time and we were told to stay Apartements but when we were taken to it we were dissapointed .
Because so bad condition they are .unbelivebel ..........
Stinck and very old escalators so dangerous can get stuck on your ride
and we refused to stay there and finaly we end up in HOTEL REGINEH
andwe spend 14 wonderfull days with Mt aRARAT view big balcony
bright room sparkling clean accomadation. very friendly staff with delicious BUFFE BREAKFAST every morning. Thank you REGINEH HOTEL and STAFF for your hospitality. SHNORHAGAL ARPI `JIRAYR

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rgulian
Russia, St.Petersburg
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Regineh Hotel is a place I defenitely reccomend to stay for those who travel with tourist purposes. The location is not central, but it is rather a good point.
The hotel is situated at the Nork district which is considered to be one of the most clean and green area at the city. The view from the window (with a big balcony) is fascinating. The Ararrat mountain and whole city is right beyond you.
Rooms are quite spacious for a 3 star hotel, but not very modern and neat. The cleaning services are ok. Bathrobes and mini bar content are provided on request, be attenive.
The breakfast is ok, but quite poor for Armenian hospitality. Not so much greens and vegetables (may be it depends on the season).
The lobby area is great , spacious with plants and many chill out zones.
The only minor of hotel is its bar. No coffee machine, poor choice of refreshments, many of menu items are always "stop sale". The baк tenders can cheat you about the prices, so it's better to check the menu or move all you orders on your hotel's bill.
The reception ladies are welcome and ready to help.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ru_Vagabond
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I stayed here for a week while in Yerevan for business. The staff is friendly and since most people outside of Armenia do not speak Armenian, many do in fact speak some English.

When walking into the Hotel, I was amazed at the size of the foyer. It is very nicely decorated and maintained with plenty of seating. There is at least one meeting room and a huge breakfast area as well. In addition, there is free wireless internet in the main lobby, but it is slow. Be warned! The bar is open 24 hours a day for drinks. I am not sure about food though.

The rooms were nice and I was fortunate to have a great view upon the city of Yerevan. I got great shots of Mt. Ararat in the mornings and beautiful pictures of the city at night as well. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom could have used a little scrubbing. It was not dirty, but in no way was it spotless.

Overall, I would stay here again and probably will in the near future. We had a group rate of $65 a night and this seems pretty reasonable, when you consider some of the other hotels in the city itself go for over $400 a night. Also, taxi rides to the city are only a few US Dollars.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business