All reviews breakfast is served big table other guests bed and breakfast rooms are nice republic square minute walk ceramics reception furniture
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel is in the heart of the city - excellent location. The price is also very good.

The staff was very friendly. I really appreciated all the advice Lucinda gave me (I think this was her name, a very young teacher in Spanish and English who works at the hotel).

There is no night reception and you need a key for the front door. So if you arrive at night, call at the hotel to warn them. There was an old woman, who spoke Russian, who opened the hotel for me. She was waiting for me for more than an hour at night and nevertheless greeted me with a smile. Needless to say, there is no fitness or room service :-).

The breakfast was abundant.

My room was spacious and pleasant. The atmosphere is pleasant - but it is very different from what you would expect as it is an old style building, furniture and interior. The floors "sing". The bed was comfortable.

My room faced the street which was very loud in the morning (rush hour). I had ear plugs and was fine.

The bathroom is very basic but do not be shocked - all works.

I was only one night, so better read also other comments. Also look at the pictures to see whether it is the right style for you. I can recommend it for easy going tourists who look for a less expensive accommodation and are in Yerevan to learn about the culture and get some real life experience. There is a shop in the basement of the hotel which sells Armenian ceramics.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Elena K
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Have to admit, being from Yerevan myself I have never actually slept in this hotel, but on different occasions, I brought dozens of friends there, and passed a lot of time with them in it, so I guess, supported by their more than positive words, and my own impressions, I have the right to say that the place is just perfect. Great location, in a quite cozy park in the heart of the town, the building itself is one of the few remnants of the "old town", refurbished with great taste and attention to detail. All the rooms (just 8 of them) are unique, immaculately clean and too cozy to be true. Breakfast is hearty and delicious (had a chance to try it), and the managements and staff, even if not numerous, very efficient and friendly. It's quite difficult in reality to find anything wrong with this place, maybe a small minus is that the water in the bathrooms is heated by boilers, so you have to wait for a while until the water is hot enough for taking a shower, but well nobody's perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The Villa Delenda is on a quiet street, but close to shopping, including grocery stores, restaurants, gas station, car wash, car rental, public transportation, etc. Our room was large and clean, with en suite bathroom. The staff is very friendly. The Villa has a gift shop that has handmade crafts from an art school for children they support, and income is also used to support maternal and child health services in Armenia. They have another site, Residence Ayghedzor, which is about a 20 minute walk away, but it is very close to the subway line, so you can get to the Centrum in no time. This is probably the best value in Yerevan. Comparable places cost twice as much.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Doris492
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The location is good, close to the center. There is very little attention to the host needs though, sometimes it was hard to find a responsible person, the manager was also hard to find. Breakfast is a poor delusion, rather noise, you could hear a person living upstairs walking in his/her room, heating could not heat the bathroom, the the toilet was not working properly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Toma B
Reviewed 16 November 2012

In this part of the world, finding a clean place to stay in the center usually means "business hotels" which charge a fortune and offer impersonal surroundings. Villa Delenda is in a terrific location. The staff are fantastic.

My room was enormous, spotless and furnished with wonderful antiques. Although facing the street, the room was quiet and coupled with the very comfortable bed, I slept better than I have on a business trip in a long time.

The breakfast is tremendous and the communal table gives you an opportunity to mingle with the other guests. We had an eclectic mix while we were there of business people, artists and tourists.

I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: They all seem fantastic, but the rooms on the top floor seem to be a bit larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business