“Great Lahmajoun”

Mer Taghe
Ranked #50 of 594 Restaurants in Yerevan
Cuisines: Fast food, Armenian, Pizza, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Sidewalk cafe/fast food joint which serves the best lahmajune (Armenian Pizza) in Yerevan!
Antibes, France
“Great Lahmajoun”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Great taste, fast service best in town although I had better ones in Lebanon. Their menu is simple, the best match with a lahmajoun is a fresh yogurt

• Visited July 2013

United States
“One of the best Lahmajo places in town”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

People order 2-3 of them here and talk as they eat. They've also got a great Adjarian Khatchapuri and other treats. They have a tent over the eating area in Winter so you don't get too cold. And if you get the chance, ask to see how the food is made. They've got a funny story for you.

Visited August 2012
Yerevan, Armenia
“WHERE ARE THE OLD QUSLITY, SIZE AND PRICE ???”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

That was the one of my best places in yerevan. I used to take there my friends and guests from outside...

It became worth sometime ago: food quality, portion size dropped down, but the proces are growed enough.

Now I am looking for a new place to represent as a "food landmark" for Yerevan.

Havre, Montana
“Best Lahmajune (Armenian Pizza)”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

When we were planning our trip to Armenia, there were a few things that my wife prepared me to really look forward to, and one of those was lahmajune (or lahmaju/o, a kind of Armenian pizza). Having been to the Middle East twice before, street food is one of my favorite cuisines overseas, and I was really excited to try lahmajune...but nothing could prepare me for the treat it was! [I'm getting to the restaurant, too, but] lahmajune is basically a very crisp flat bread baked with crumbled lamb and seasonings; you squeeze lemon over the whole thing, fold it up, and finish it way too soon.

Now, for Mer Taghe: What a place! Keep in mind it is fast food in a street/sidewalk setting: plastic tables and chairs, a limited menu, and such, but when you have lahmajune this good, a wait staff which is really attentive for Armenian standards, and a prime spot on one of Yerevan's best people-watching streets, you don't really need much more.

We also had plenty of Jermuk mineral water and this was the first (and last) place I tried Kilikia, one of Armenia's native beers, which is actually more a malt liquor and serves nothing so well as just an alcohol conveyance (honestly, one of my least favorite native beers I've encountered in my travels). We also had a sort of veggie pie, but the lahmajune was our favorite...for most of the trip, and we went back to Mer Taghe several times while we were in Yerevan...and had to really force ourselves not to stop for more lahmajune whenever we were walking bye!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank dubhglas
North Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Lahmajo”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This place has the best Lahmajo (Armenian meat loaf) in town. The place is very down to earth, but the food quality is super perfect. Just get the Lahmajo, I guess nothing else deserves the trial. combine it with Tan, and you will have the best lunch/dinner.

• Visited September 2011