Just recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel, and generally had an overall positive experience:
- Spacious rooms: bed, flat-screen TV, dining table for 2, and a living-room like area, with balcony; it was lots of space and definitely larger than your average hotel room
- Quiet location: pretty much zero noise from outside since it was in a more residential neighbourhood. Walls may be a bit thin though...
- Friendly staff: most of the front desk staff speak fairly good English, and are willing to help with most requests.
- Breakfast (at an extra 2000AMD, which is around $5 USD/day) was disappointing. There was not hot food at all, and mostly consisted of bread, cheeses, and jams. You can get much more and better food with 2000AMD at those outdoor cafe places by Opera. At least the breakfast room on the top floor of the hotel had an amazing view of the gorge.
- Location a bit out of the way: it is around a 15-20 minute walk to Opera, or a 600AMD (~$1.50 USD) taxi ride to anywhere in the city. It's not the most convenient location, but since the taxi fares are so cheap, it easily negates most of the con of this point, though most taxi drivers won't have heard of this place, so you need to indicate that it is on Aygedzor for them to get an idea of where it is. Around a 5-7 minute walk to the Metro if one is so inclined to use that.
Cleaning: you had to specifically indicate that you wanted your room to be cleaned by hanging the sign on the doorknob, otherwise there will be no cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capital Hotel is situated in one of the prestigious areas of Yerevan - Aygedzor street. It’s only 2 km from Opera House. The location of Capital Hotel will let you stay away from noise and daily life of the city center. The quiet and nice area of the hotel is very suitable both for the business mens and for the tourists. Our Hotel has 15 rooms: - Single ( 1 pax.) - Double/twin (2 pax.) - Triple (3 pax+ extra bed) - Family (4 pax + extra bed) Room facilities: - Wi-Fi - Heating system - Air conditioner - TV - Refrigerator - Bathroom with shower - Balcony (some rooms) The hotel also has a restaurant and a conference room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Capital Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.