“****Nice place,prefect location”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Yerevan
Rouen, France
“****Nice place,prefect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and I could recommend this hotel enough. Yerevan isn’t a massive city but this hotel couldn’t be closer to the action. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was clean and the breakfast extensive. If you want to hire a car (like we did) you can reserve a parking lot at the reception (upon availability) or just park it across the street (the lights are always on and the security is attentive). there was also a big supermarket just around the corner,and also shops, cafes, restaurants so everything was in an easy reach. I have spent a really very wonderful time and I would highly recommend this hotel.
Once in Armenia-I will book this hotel for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Caroline386

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

• Nice and pleasant stay
I was forced to book this Hotel as I couldn't find any room in the center during my trip to Yerevan (September). I was pleasantly surprised after all horrible reviews I've read.
The personnel at the reception is fluent in English and they welcomed me in a warm and friendly manner and told all necessary hours and details for the Hotel. They gave me a spacious room on the 3rd floor a rate a bit high (app. 110 Euro) to my opinion but as I said it’s a top season.
There is a free WIFI all over the Hotel and I could easily connect with my IPad from everywhere.
The room was big enough. A bit outdated design but fresh and clean with wide comfortable bed, armchairs and writing desk. A big gap about rooms is they have no safety boxes in the room and I had to rent it for a Euro or so in a separate room in a lobby, but as I was told by reception it’s much more secure.
They have nice outdoor cafes, breakfast is ok. Though I was a little bit late for the breakfast the restaurant manager (very polite and kind guy) asked the waiters to warm up and bring some main dishes like baked tomato with cheese – I loved it and some other stuff.
It’s useless to say anything about the location. It’s just perfect. It’s central and during my 3 days stay I would say the most convenient central.
Ani Plaza was really pleasant surprise I got much more than expected or it’s better to say did not get all the negative things I was expecting. I will never avoid booking Ani Plaza Hotel for the next time.
Algirdas Sedvilas

3 Thank algirdas s
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I visited Yerevan, Armenia for a business Conference taking place on the 15th of September 2012, and since I was looking for a valuable hotel with a good location I found Ani Plaza Hotel, by just searching the web. This was the first time of all my trips when I have no regrets about a Hotel that I just booked by trusting the pictures. The wonderful multilingual staff with great manners in service is always reading to help you. … I was staying in room number 611, which was a Business room, on the 6th floor, very convenient for 2 people, clean, with a great view. I really liked the breakfast which was full of different kind of fruits, cakes, salads, vegetables, pancakes …etc. The hotel had an indoor swimming pool with a sauna, very clean and not so full which I visited once, while I asked the girl in the business center to print out my files for the next days’ conference. The business conference schedule was very tight but since the location was very convenient and situated in the very center of the city, I got to visit the nice and cozy restaurants next to the Hotel for lunch and dinner. There was one restaurant where I had dinner, called Mama Mia, about 20 meters next to the Hotel, with a great menu and a variety of both Armenian and International cuisine, with a great value, wifi internet and nice staff also. There was also a a supermarket right next to the corner of the Hotel that was open 24/7, which had practically anything you could expect and not expect . One of the most important thing is that Yerevan is a very safe city, and staying right in the center means you can walk out any time in the night and feel safe . This was my first trip to Yerevan, and since next year I have to visit Yerevan for business again, I can surely say with no regrets that I will stay at Ani Plaza Hotel again.

5 Thank Christina S
Albania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a big tourist hotel build in Soviet time, but renovated. They are expensive - you can find the normal room twice as cheap in small hotel. Rooms are different. Mine was about 25 m sq.
Breakfast is good. Gym is OK. Water pool is OK, but they ask to wear the cap. Be advised that their cost of taxi call/reservation duplicates the normal street cost. Just go to the street. taxi there is cheap. In a hot day or in a cold day the central ventilation produce a serious noise. I was happy to be during the cool weather, so, the open window was perfect.

Room Tip: 11th floor is better (higher), more quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank silencd
pretoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Beautiful location! The rooms are antiquated and neglected but this is overshadowed by all the other positives. Excellent food (Armenian standards), extremely polite staff who are perfectly fluent in English and helpful. I had a look at a number of other hotels but they couldn't compare. Don't waste your time - stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lawry-m
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Reception was friendly, there is free internet, a swimming pool and gym (extra 3000 dram). Location is the biggest selling point.
Big downfall was my single room on 6th floor. Small room, single bed, old carpet, and low ceiling (I'm 1.86m but could put my hand on the ceiling...that means it is too low!).
Another minus is the noise. Staff chat loudly in the morning and my room was too close to the lifts so I heard every 'ping'.
Breakfast is good. the breakfast place is worn out.

I will try another hotel next time in Yerevan.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!
2 Thank LecramG
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have stayed here for a week in 2012! The stuff was friendly and kind! We had a little problem so when we asked they helped us immediately! The rooms were clean amd I really like its location! It is situated in the heart of Yerevan! So I find everything good!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family