“A five star Best Western!”

Best Western Congress Hotel
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Congratulations to the hotel management because I assume they carefully choose the staff who works there; everyone who I spoke with was courteous, helpful, and with a great attitude. I arrived to the hotel at 5 am after 30 hours of flying and layovers, well, I guess the front desk attendant saw that I looked exhausted so she just gave me the keys to my room and told me not to worry about checking in until later...thanks, I needed the rest!...Kudos to the breakfast staff, they were more than attentive, especially the hostess (please give her a raise or make her a manager, she is an example of customer service!). Finally, everyone at the front desk was extremely helful with my requests (taxi, tours, bookings) I got nothing but smiles, good attitude, and promptness. If I go back to Yerevan I will definitely DEMAND! to stay at the Congress Hotel.

1  Thank RafaCN
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at the Best Western Congress Hotel.
We are really pleased you have chosen us for your recent visit to Armenia.
Our daily utmost priority is meeting our guests’ expectations; we are delighted to hear we have overcome yours!
Your review is a great motivation to our great hotel team.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Yerevan.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The bar staff are Tigran Mher Gegarin Hovannes Gor and now Hayk who took us into their lives as friends (but hey they are Armenian) Breakfast crew Alina, Marianna , Nelli ,Elize, Christina and the supervisor whose name I am sooooo sorry I forget made avery morning a smiling experience as tired as we were.
The reception staff were friendly nicer than the Marriott but the service staff rock they make you feel like family
Which honestly after 33 days in one hotel......rocks
I do feel that breakfast is overpriced though for an average appetite

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 802AngelaS
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

From beginning to end it was a real pleasure to read your wonderful comment. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and felt you at home. Positive feedback like this gives real motivation to our team and keeps us going towards service excellence.
Thank you again for choosing Best Western Congress Hotel. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Location is quite central but a little far from the busy part of the town, about 20 min walk. Service is very good, clean. Nice pool area. Breakfast could be better but it is not much different from other Yerevan hotels I stayed at. Overall it's a good choice for the price.

2  Thank StBetty

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. It is a boost to our motivation and pleasure to learn that our efforts and hard work are appreciated. We are all looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I have recently stayed in this hotel for four nigts. Quality was a little bit lower than in other BW hotels I have visited. Minuses: poor breakfast and lunch, swimming pool was not working. pluses: location, free wifi

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank neda_bl
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Congress Hotel for your last stay in Yerevan and taking the time to give us your most valuable feedback about our property, as our guests' satisfaction is our main priority. It is a pity that our open air Caribbean Pool was still closed during the time when you were here. It is the ideal place to relax and experience the best summer feelings, at the same time being connected to the world with our free Wi-Fi internet.
The comments you have made on breakfast have been noted and discussed with our Management Team.
Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Congress for 2 nights. Did the reservation via Hyur service instead of directly to the hotel. Some remarks:
- Swimming pool opened up on May 24th. Beautiful outdoor setting to relax
- Decent gym
- Breakfast is rather basic, room for improvement here
- Service is professional & good.
- Rooms are rather small, bathrooms could use a renovation
- Free wifi in the room
- The location is 500m south of the Republic Square & is not really inside the bustling area. The advantage is that it is quiet at night.
- Went running along the river ( Hrazdani Kirch ): nice thing to do
- There is only one slow elevator, so waiting time to use it at busy times

3  Thank Stef D
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Congress Hotel and publishing your feedback. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service. I am very happy to read that you appreciate our city center location and facilities. Our Facility Department is committed to improve constantly hotel facilities, making the necessary upgrades.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I would rate this hotel much higher if not for some serious hygienic issues. It was late at night when I checked in and I was very tired so I only noticed the following morning that the second pillow on the queen bed had a shoe print and a blood stain. Also the bathroom had a strange sewer-like odor which was present during the whole stay. The room has just about enough place to accommodate one person, but I am sure it is meant for double occupancy. The breakfast is very basic and it takes forever for the hotel staff to refill the buffet. During the night there was a constant noise from some machinery working outside the hotel. Not the unpleasant background humming noise, but a really loud disturbance including shaking vibrations of the furniture. Among the minor annoying things I would name the safe which has no digital mechanism, but a very heavy key, which you then have to carry around the city the whole day long. And the hotel possesses probably the slowest elevator in the world.

It's a shame because with just a little bit of effort the hotel could turn into a very pleasant place to stay. However I don;t think I will be back here any time soon.

2  Thank Hateshabbyhotels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please be kindly informed that cleanliness of the hotel is among the aspects having highest priority. We have already shared your review with relevant departments and necessary measures have been taken. The single room you were staying at (never meant for a double occupancy as the latter has king size bed) was overlooking Italy street where some road constructional works were carried out. I would suggest you quiet room overlooking our garden for your next visit.
Your satisfaction is important to us and I will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to offer a better hospitality experience for you in future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

When are hotels going to get it??? We do want to SLEEP, not just pay for a room. The front of the hotel (on Italy St.) is extremely noisy, not just with vehicle traffic, but also with pedestrians. Otherwise, the hotel is great. Their breakfast (included) is Fabulous and there is just about every amenity you can think of. They have a safe in the closet with a Key, not a code - I prefer that. There is a nice seating area in the lobby, a currency exchange and bank machine right in the hotel and it is within walking distance of many interesting sights and places to eat or just sit.

Room Tip: Don't even think about the front of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VicsmomCalgary
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our Team, I would like to thank you for your review and for choosing Best Western Congress Hotel. Thank you for your kind praise of our breakfast, location and all the other aspects of the hotel that are done just to make our guests stay comfortable and convenient. It is a pity, noise of the street did not let you sleep. However, I would kindly ask you, next time when you book a room,mention in your e-mail to our Reservation Department that you prefer backside room. We would be delighted to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Yerevan.