“First experience was good, second is disappointing”

Best Western Congress Hotel
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I loved this hotel during my first stay. Its location is very convenient - only 5 minutes away from the Republic square. Rooms are cosy and clean. The restaurant is gloomy but offers good food. However during this second stay my colleague and I were deeply disappointed by staff. The receptionist who handled our invoice, Laura, was not only ineffective but also very arrogant. It took 30 mn to get an expresso and then the bill from the waiter at the restaurant. And the houseladies are very noisy and slam door whatever the time of the day may be. I will travel extensively to Armenia in the forthcoming months, but I'm really not sure I'll be back here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Thomkol_10
BWCongressHotel, General Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

First of all I would like to apologize if you did not feel welcomed and supported by our team member Laura.
Our hotel is well-known among all our guests for the friendliness of our team members, not just at the Front Desk, but in all the departments. Trainings on customer service are constantly carried out for improving the level and quality of the service provided.
I am sure you experienced all that during your first stay.
During check out Laura misunderstood your request regarding how you wanted the invoice to be issued.
I am confident you would not let this incident spoil your overall positive opinion about our hotel services, team members and the country.
I will be glad to meet you personally next time when you come to Armenia. I do hope you will choose again our BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel for your future stays in Yerevan.

Chiara Figini

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Clean and modern , 8 minutes walk from republic square , staff very friendly and helpful , reffaelo restaurant have a delicious Italian and Armenia cousin , it's just a little too expensive for a 4 stars hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Moataz S,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your experience at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you found our Hotel modern and with convenient location. We are proud of our excellent service and it gives me great pleasure to see that you experienced this from our friendly staff.
At our "Raffaello" Restaurant you can feel the hints of Armenian and Italian Cuisine and I will for sure pass your compliments to Our Chef Cook.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Two nights. Everything good. Good service, tasty breakfast, nice rooms and very fast wifi connection! Only one inconvenience - strange account (from bar) on check out. It was big surprise, fortunately not for me, but for my colleagues.

Good weather in March - good for visit "low" Caucausus (f.e. Geghard monastery). With local bus - marshrutka (and by foot) it was adventure!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MarthyJ
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Marthy J,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. It is with great pleasure to know you had an enjoyable stay with us at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel.
It was refreshing to learn that you have made the most of our tasty breakfast and comfortable rooms. Our friendly and passionate staff is committed to make our guests' stay memorable and pleasant.

Thank you again for choosing our Hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us for another pleasant stay.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Solid, positive "reliable 3*+/no-issue" impression:

- friendly helpful staff speaking fluent English/Russian
- great location
- overall design & setup, incl. rooms, reminds of the beg. 2000s, with nothing particular to cherrish or complain about; ongoing rennovation (Jan'14) not noisy and hopefully will make it better
- not much to see from the hotel windows; some rooms have balconies
- breakfast is not empressive and reminds more of 2-3* rather than 4*, but though selection is limited there are 1-2-3 good things to pick for everyone incl. Armenian food & high-protein/low carb choices as well as standard international staff.
- standard room details some like to know in advance: free reliable WiFi, tea/cofee kettler; no iron; alarm-clock; free gym

Overall: rated 4*, includes all the expected, but feels like a bit below usual typical business-travel stay. For personal travel could be a great offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are not 100% noise-free.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergei B
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Sergei,

I would like to thank you for having chosen BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel as well as for your feedback for your recent stay.
The mission at our hotel is to completely delight and always satisfy our guests. It is very rewarding to receive positive remarks on our location as well as multilingual staff.
I have already noted your remark about our breakfast and I will for sure share your feedback with the relevant people.
Thank you once again for choosing our Hotel. Our team will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My stay at best western hotel in Yerevan was fantastic,
I have stayed for 30 days , first the hotel is very near from republic square and Opera (5 minutes walking distance) which will be a best choice if you like to go around the city on foot;

The price was very good , they have a very good chief , very helpful and can recommend and make what will be suitable for your taste

the most important part is the Reception staff , very kind ad helpful , if you are asking about a place to visit or advice , they always search to find the easiest and less expensive way to do it;
They have a nice attitude and can speak English very well

I really loved my stay at this hotel , and when i go back to Armenia , it will be my first and only choice :)

Room Tip: the back side of the hotel is very quiet , the front side has a very good view but may be not in the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mostafa M
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Mostafa,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for your nice words and for taking the time to comment on your visit to us.

I am glad to hear you had a great time with us. Our aim is to make you feel special, and rest assured we will keep on focusing on our guests, offering great service. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we are all looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My favorite hotel in Yerevan ! A 3-minute walk from the main square. Comfortable rooms . WiFi in the room , TV, mini - bar ... All is as usual in hotels of this level . Comfortable and at the level of , but ... The most important difference of this hotel from peers , it is the staff ! Absolutely all the employees are very attentive, friendly . No delays at all . Thanks to these wonderful people, staying in the hotel becomes a stay at home! I go here for 3 years and there was not even thought to look for another hotel . Thank you very much ! I recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Aleksandre G
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Aleksandre,

Warm greetings from BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you consider us as your favorite hotel in Yerevan.
You are one of our loyal guests and your comments are very important to us - it is an honorto know that you appreciate our service and great staff.

We will be always looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Yerevan.

With best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've stayed here many times and always been satisfied. The rooms and beds are big enough and comfortable enough. The hotel is well placed for the centre of town. It's got a fitnessroom and a pool in the summer. The staff are friendly and welcoming the food is ok. Next time I will be here!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan O
BWCongressHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mr. Jan,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at the Best Western Congress Hotel.

We are really pleased you are choosing us for your visits to Armenia.

Our daily utmost priority is meeting our guests’ expectations; we are delighted to hear we have overcome yours!
Your review is a great motivation to our hotel team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Emma kARAPETYAN