“Not so bad”

Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Yerevan
Milano
“Not so bad”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Quite nice and good hotel. Main pro: it's located near the Republic Square that you can reach by foot in five minutes. Main con: very noise if you have a room in front of the main road. Rooms are quite comfortable in term of space but only few are no-smoking rooms! Service can be better: the first night we arrived instead of a double room we had a single! Swimming pool is nice but over crowded. It's a typical business hotel.

Room Tip: Not in front the main road
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Weissmiss
BWCongressHotel, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time and posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Location is one of the advantages of our hotel - being 5 minutes walk from Republic Square and all the business, governmental and leisure centers.
I regret we didn't know about your room preferences beforehand so that we could provide you a room with pool view. Next time while booking a room please send us an e-mail to sales@hotelcongressyerevan.com about your preferences and we will be sure to reserve a backside room for you.
Please be kindly informed that we have half of our hotel rooms non-smoking as well as already enlarged non-smoking area on the 1st floor of the hotel.

We will be glad to host you for your next visits to Yerevan and ensure the best hospitality experience we are used to.

Emma Karapetyan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel, it's lovely! The location is fantastic - 5 minute walk to the centre and plenty of nice little outdoor bars in the park just by the hotel. The rooms are nice and quite spacious. The pool was lovely, lots of loungers so there was always plenty of space. Breakfast buffet very nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. Heartily recommend this hotel for anyone visiting lovely Yerevan!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Yerevan and for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.
It is my pleasure to see that you have made the most of our phenomenal location and enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms.
You can always count on our professional and dedicated team who do everything possible to make our guests' stay more comfortable.
Our exclusive open air Caribbean Swimming Pool is the ideal place for perfect relaxation.
I would like to thank you once again for recommendation. We will be looking forward to the opportunity of hosting you at our hotel in the nearest future.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very good service, very friendly staff especially the young lady who was responsible for restaurant service and public relationship. The barman was also very friendly. Very close to shops, restaurants and the city centre so this makes it very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Panos K
BWCongressHotel, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you made most of our central location - being close to all shopping centers, restaurants and sightseeing.
We do appreciate your kind words about our employees who take great pleasure in making our guests' stay most comfortable.
We will be happy to have the opportunity to welcome you home in the nearest future.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 12 August 2014

No need to spend many words describing this Hotel. Everything (accomodation, services, staff) have been excellent. Would personally like to thank you for your warm welcome! Best western will be fir sure the only choice when visiting Yerevan.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BWCongressHotel, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear George,

Thank you so much for such positive review of BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel. It is heart-warming to read that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel.
Our team are eager to welcome you back again and host another lovely stay in the nearest future.

Bruxelas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A very good Hotel...excelente value for Money friendly staff. Only as I do not like to put he airco to max, the bed linnen can become too warm in hot weather. Hence the average sleep quality as this is a problema in a lot of hotels I stayed, due to standardisation of the service and the extreme usage of climatisation in the rooms which I dislike in the summer... moderate usage of cooling is a must for several reasons..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am grateful that you have taken the time to write feedback about your stay.
We appreciate all your comments and observations. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visits to Yerevan.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although the hotel is advertised as a 4* I found out that it is lucking several international standards that make a real 4 star hotel, and I am surprised that Trip Advisor gives it a “Certificate of Excellence for 2014”. On what basis is the excellence jugged?

To start with we arrived at the hotel at mid day and although there was a bellman at the door he did not offer to help with my luggage which I carried in and up to the room myself (nor did they offer to help in my departure).

The lobby is small and unimpressive. If 20 people will gather together to wait for a coach it will be full. The bar located at the meddle of the lobby area does not offer any intimacy or privacy.The reception staff was OK but not particularly welcoming or friendly. During my 2 night stay I had to contact them several times and somehow they were always busy avoiding eye contact.

My room was an inside one looking over the pool and some old houses but it had a fair size and all the necessary amenities for its category. I have nothing to complain about except the clock by the bed room. It was showing the wrong time and blinking constantly. I had to ask the reception twice before it was repaired. Worth to notice that there is no “bed turn down” service in the evening.

The elevator was extremely slow and to my surprise one day I had to come down on foot from my room as the lift after 10 minutes waiting would not come to my floor. To my surprise I found the lift blocked at the ground floor by the cleaning crew. An inappropriate time to clean the elevator at 7 PM a busy time for the guests.

The first day at breakfast I had two unpleasant surprises. Getting into the room the counter with the hostess was some 5 meters away from the door. Over this distance she asked me loudly for my room number to which I instinctively replied at the same loud voice. Then I immediately thought that it was inappropriate for the hotel staff to handle confidential matters this way and in such manner. Why everybody in the breakfast room should know my room number? This is not a 4 star hotel attitude. I would recommend to the management to move the welcome counter close to the entrance so this kind of conversations can be done in a low voice.

My second remark at the breakfast room was that coffee was not served at the table. I am willing to accept the hassling of a buffed breakfast as it has become the norm in our days but I do expect from a 4 star hotel to bring me a pitcher with coffee at my table and not to have to walk up to the coffee machine evry time a need another cup of coffee. Last about breakfast. It was nice to have a cook at the corner to make your eggs to order, provided he/she was there all the time. The two times I had breakfast the cook had to come out of the kitchen to his post after some minutes of wait for him to come.

The swimming pool looked to have all necessary amenities and services but I had no time to enjoy it. The Health Club and free Wi-Fi are definitely a plus for the hotel. I did not try the restaurant.

The location of the hotel is very good within walking distance from all points of interest.

Overall I think this property is a good business hotel of average quality

3 Thank Tass0P
BWCongressHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mr. Tasso,
As a General Manager of both Royal Tulip Grand Hotel Yerevan and Best Western Congress Hotel let me express my gratitude for sharing your feedback about our two hotels with us.
We are happy that you had a great experience in Royal Tulip Grand Hotel Yerevan, where you could feel the excellence of a 5 star hotel with services and amenities that we don’t provide at our Best Western Congress Hotel as a 4 star hotel.
Only 41% of Best Western hotels worldwide got the certificate of excellence in 2014 (the accolade is given to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews) and we are very proud with this achievement.
On behalf of the entire hotel team, let me deeply apologize for not showing you the quality service level we are used to provide to each of our guest.
We, as the hotel management, are taking constant care in personnel trainings in different spheres such as: customer service, guest satisfaction and hospitality etiquette. Our daily mission is our guests’ satisfaction and we regret not having succeeded in it during your stay with us.
Thank you for your comments which we took into consideration and already some improvements are done.
My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel, hopefully to have another chance to show you the quality of our service which has made us famous among the majority of our guests.

Sincerely
Chiara Figini
Royal Tulip Grand Hotel Yerevan
Best Western Congress Hotel
Orpington
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A group of us travelling from Tbilisi stayed at this hotel for a two day conference in Yerevan.
This hotel is very convenient for freedom square being a couple of hundred metres away. The Rooms were comfortable and super clean and the staff pleasant and helpful. The hotel boasts a very nice outdoor swimming pool that I could see from my bedroom window. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a large variety of cereals, cakes, bread, fruit, cold meats, cheese and eggs. Our group had a special rate but the normal rate of €80 per queen room a night and €7.60 or so for breakfast is good value for money. I will certainly stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your and your colleagues feedback on TripAdvisor which is very much appreciated.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay finding our rooms comfortable, clean and all the staff very pleasant and helpful. Our team will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyment of the hotel during your stay.
Thank you for noting our rich buffet breakfast which is a good start of a day and outdoor pool - the ideal place to relax after a hard working day.
We do value your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you in the nearest future.