“A good go-to place for vegetarians & eco-conscious individuals”
Review of The Green Bean

The Green Bean
Ranked #11 of 638 Restaurants in Yerevan
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Asian, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yerevan's first 100% Non-Smoking Coffee Shop!! The Green Bean coffee shop, offers a new, innovative concept, an eco and customer friendly atmosphere where coffee connoisseurs enjoy the world-class coffee experience and excellent service. We want to bring the concept of “take away” with the comfort of traditional need for great service!
Europe
“A good go-to place for vegetarians & eco-conscious individuals”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have been to both locations of the Green Bean, so this review covers both of them.

Big pluses:

- Menus are available in English and Armenian, and vegan and vegetarian items are clearly labeled. (Don't worry, there are plenty of non-vegetarian options, too! My husband likes the roast beef sandwich.)

- High chair available and baby changing station in the restroom.

- Completely non-smoking environment!

- The Green Bean makes more effort than any other cafe in Yerevan to operate in a manner that promotes environmental awareness and sustainability.

- Free Wi-Fi, no password required.

- Excellent selection of fresh smoothies, shakes, cakes, and pastries for people with a sweet tooth -- like me! But also plenty of healthier options (for example, terrific broccoli soup) ...so you get the best of both worlds!

- Clean, modern interior design with items for sale on display (coffees, juices, handicrafts by local artisans).

- Friendly waitstaff.

-Very reasonable prices.

A few drawbacks:

- The baguettes used for their sandwich bread can be rather tough to bite through! (I found this to be true during separate visits to both locations.) I actually found myself wondering if it was possible to get whiplash from eating a sandwich. Maybe they could offer other bread options for sandwiches, like wraps, pitas, paninis, etc.

- The lemonade is REALLY sour. They bring it to you with a simple syrup so you can sweeten it to your liking, but even after adding all of this, it's not easy to drink. (But on the plus side, I suppose that means it's made fresh with REAL lemons, unlike in the US where lemonade is mostly sugar with artificial lemon flavoring!)

- The kids menu should have options with more vegetables. Macaroni and cheese is not a great vegetarian option, in my opinion. My son prefers to order the hummus with pita bread and celery sticks from the "snacks" section of the menu.

The pros certainly outweigh the cons. We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Montreal
“Potential not yet realized”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm a vegetarian, so of course it would seem that I would love this restaurant. I like it. However, the menu is a bit old-style (something that I would have seen a decade or more ago) and doesn't change often enough. I should underline that you can get good to excellent vegetarian food at many restaurants in Yerevan.
My only complaint, outside of the average good offerings, is that there's a forced, unrelaxed feel to the place. So many restaurants in Yerevan attempt to be avant-garde (or simply trendy) that what might have been a relaxed vibe is lost. Even so, I would recommend this, though lukewarmly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Staehlin
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food here was really delicious and the waiting staff were friendly and helpful. It is a great place to go if you are vegetarian or vegan as each dish is clearly labelled. The food was tasty and fresh. I ate there twice during my week in Yerevan. Also the prices are very reasonable.

The only criticism I have is that the restaurant is advertised as non-smoking, but many people were smoking in the outside seating and were also given ashtrays. I'm not sure if the rule only applies to indoors though? If the rule could be enforced outside, then this place would be like a little oasis from the smoke that ruins the restaurant experience elsewhere in Yerevan.

• Visited July 2014
Yerevan
“Average”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The interior is nice but as a coffee drinker I would't consider the best place. I will go there again if I have nowhere else to go at the surroundings.

Visited July 2014
Yerevan, Armenia
“I like this place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice and comfortable place. Waiters are very polite and food are very tasty. I like there cream soups very much ))) yuuumy