I have been to both locations of the Green Bean, so this review covers both of them.
- Menus are available in English and Armenian, and vegan and vegetarian items are clearly labeled. (Don't worry, there are plenty of non-vegetarian options, too! My husband likes the roast beef sandwich.)
- High chair available and baby changing station in the restroom.
- Completely non-smoking environment!
- The Green Bean makes more effort than any other cafe in Yerevan to operate in a manner that promotes environmental awareness and sustainability.
- Free Wi-Fi, no password required.
- Excellent selection of fresh smoothies, shakes, cakes, and pastries for people with a sweet tooth -- like me! But also plenty of healthier options (for example, terrific broccoli soup) ...so you get the best of both worlds!
- Clean, modern interior design with items for sale on display (coffees, juices, handicrafts by local artisans).
- Friendly waitstaff.
-Very reasonable prices.
A few drawbacks:
- The baguettes used for their sandwich bread can be rather tough to bite through! (I found this to be true during separate visits to both locations.) I actually found myself wondering if it was possible to get whiplash from eating a sandwich. Maybe they could offer other bread options for sandwiches, like wraps, pitas, paninis, etc.
- The lemonade is REALLY sour. They bring it to you with a simple syrup so you can sweeten it to your liking, but even after adding all of this, it's not easy to drink. (But on the plus side, I suppose that means it's made fresh with REAL lemons, unlike in the US where lemonade is mostly sugar with artificial lemon flavoring!)
- The kids menu should have options with more vegetables. Macaroni and cheese is not a great vegetarian option, in my opinion. My son prefers to order the hummus with pita bread and celery sticks from the "snacks" section of the menu.
The pros certainly outweigh the cons. We will definitely be back!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.