“One of the best services I ever had!”
Review of Ramada Baku

Ramada Baku
Ranked #24 of 114 Hotels in Baku
“One of the best services I ever had!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I live in Dubai, which has a high quality hospitality service, but while staying in Ramada Baku I found out that the service and staff in this 4* hotel is much more better then in most 5* hotels. Thank you so much and I'll definitely come back here next time!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

we had an absolutely great time at this hotel, staff were very friendly and helpful and for the 4 of us in our group we thought the food was excellent, rooms were modern and comfortable, nice clean toilet with walk in shower... I would recommend Ramada to anyone

James mac

Room Tip: ask for a sea view... great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank James M
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had the pleasure of dealing with this wonderful hotel last weekend. The staff were so helpful with great English. We had a party of over 30and they did everything to make it a success. Nothing was a problem and food and drinks were so beautiful and attention to detail was super. I will be going back for a lot more party's there was great communication between myself and ELshad the director with constant emails and calls to make me feel secure with there delivery of service.
Thank you so much to all the very nice staff who made our day one off the best days in Baku.
Celia carney

Room Tip: My only tip would be go and stay it's beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Celiacarney
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

If your like me, easily pleased and just want to get your head down at night. Then even this can let you down. Considering it has the Ramada name to it, its actually a massive let down. Yet has so much opertunity to be great. I have been here dozens of times through work. Every trip I order the same dishes for food. They never come out the same. Cleanliness is ok, although the rooms need a masssive overhaul with lamps that dont turn off, hot water which you have to run for 15-20 mins to get it warm. Air con which works when it wants and poor wifi. Service wise is hit and miss. If you plan to have a quick bite to eat then forget it. If you are lucky someone will give you a menue in 10-15 mins. Then another 10 mins to order. 20-30mins to get said food. Despite ordering a starter, it always comes with the main. A glass of coke is served in a wine glass. Its like a Azeri version of Fawlty towers. What they need to do is head over to the Hilton or Park inn up the road and get some help and asap. Its a shame as the site is fantastic with the pool, beach (although I would not swim in the sea) health spa and newc dining areas. Just let down by poor service and ageing rooms

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Paul C
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

For me is the secund time when I visited this hotel. In Baku is my favorit one and becouse I visit this city once by year ai can have some ckear conclusion. All the standards are keeped and the hotel is realy nice. The room is clean and the staff is a dicret presences rady to help in any moment. In hot summer of Azerbajian the spa complex is nice and reconforted. The front desk personal have a good english and agian with me they were very nice. The breakfast is abundent, fresh and teasty. I realy enjoy it! The saff in the restaurant is well traind and all the time exist between them a supervisor knowing english.like a remark the saff is professioal but very shay. The Caspian Sea unfortunatelly is dirthy and on the beach was a lot of dead vegetation impregnated with rezidual oil. It is only one negative aspect that I finded.

Stayed July 2013
Baku
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Dear Mr Ali, We write to you to thank you very much for a stunning weekend at your Ramada Hotel in Baku. From the minute we arrived until the minute we left, your team were stunning. All facilities were open, prepared and ready to enjoy. Thank you for helping to make a family very happy. It was really appreciated how manager Mr Ali was on-hand to speak to on several occasions and his team of wonderful staff who were all extremely polite, caring and diligent in their varied roles around the hotel. Victoria in the hotel's office foyer, was polite, happy, smiling and knowledgeable in her role. We just wanted to thank you for your support, attention to detail and for making our experience one to remember. See you again in August. With best wishes, Mr Hinds and family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
norwich
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have now been stayed here for 7 months on/off (Not through choice) and despite my first review things have not been very good at Ramada. Staff are friendly if not rather sullen looking and service generally ok apart from the one morning I had to wake the waiter up to order breakfast at the counter.
The accommodation at the cottages is basic to say the least, curtains are like tissue paper and offer no privacy at all, bathroom furniture held with toilet paper and hope you don't want a lamp in your bedroom as despite asking around 6 times in 10days it still never appeared.
All showers flood the bathroom so make sure you pick up anything off the floor first. Still waiting for the shower head to be fixed from the last trip (been around 6 weeks) so still holding the shower head to shower.
Alarm in smoke detector kept going off so reported it to reception. Told by maintenance man I was smoking thats why it kept going off. After explaining I don't smoke he proceeded to tell me it was not the battery and left it beeping. Again I complained and told the staff the battery was flat and was asked did I really need a smoke detector in my room? I ended up taking the battery out so I could sleep, 4 days later after complaining in a heated conversation I managed to get the battery changed. So much for H&S at Ramada.
Housekeeping can be forgetful with the basics like water and milk and you have to ask at reception repeatedly
Washing can take anywhere from a day to be returned to four days and it will shrink over time so don't wash anything you do not want to throw away at the end of your stay
Food...never expect what the menu says you will get and you should be ok. You could order the same dish everyday and it would be different everyday! Don't ask for poached eggs as I was told they would take 45mins! I asked for one dish to be told 10 mins later could I order something else as the chef could not remember how to make it. In general the food is about 3/4 out of 10 and multiple people I have worked with have been ill.
It feels like you are a pain in the backside to the hotel, they serve and treat you how they feel like it. If you catch them on a good day you will get your washing done quickly, your meal will be good as will the service and responding to any problems will be resolved quickly. The only problem with this is it seems like it only happens one day a month.
If I had to pay for this out of my own pocket....I would have been down the road in a different hotel many months ago....but to end on a positive note its always such a great feeling knowing you are leaving the Ramada and you have finished your "sentence" there.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel would be the best bet
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business