“Sleep, mission impossible!”

Ranked #38 of 113 Hotels in Baku
London, United Kingdom
“Sleep, mission impossible!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Probably the worst sound proofing I've ever experienced in a 'hotel' in my life.
Woken numerous times during the night by various activities’ happening alongside or along the corridor (5th floor,) this includes the TV or even people talking at a normal volume.
The bathroom ceiling has no sound proofing of any description so every sound is evident regardless off the hour.

On the positive side, the staffs are very friendly & extremely helpful, the food is ok but very small choice.

Not recommended if you are either a light sleeper or need the sleep so as to prepare for an arduous day .

Room Tip: wish i had the answer to that!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MURAT G, General Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We will check the sound issue on the 5th floor and we will try to find a solution about it.

Thank you and looking forward to see you again.

Kindest Regards
Murat Gozutok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Makkum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Friendly people at reception and very good breakfast.Room is small but clean with a good shower.A none smoking room is a none smoking room and not a room with bad smells.The hotel location is to far to walk into town so you need a taxi,taxi prises are reasenoble.The food in the restaurant is good but there is little choice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ellebartus
MURAT G, Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel and sharing your feedback with us.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Best Regards
Middlesbrough Uk
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Over the past 3 years I have used the Baku airport hotel (Sheraton) when travelling home, recently the company I work for terminated the contract they had with the airport hotel which would have meant I had to pay far more for the hotel, I was offered 2 other hotels both a long way from the airport so I decided to do a bit of internet searching based on price and the availability of an airport shuttle transfer.
When I first looked at the Days hotel I was surprised at the price which included breakfast and shuttle transfer to the airport, I decided to give it a chance and booked an overnight stay for 16/3.
It is always a challenge getting to hotels in Baku as the traffic is always crazy but that negotiated I arrived and was welcomed by the receptionist in good English and a very friendly manner, check in was simple and efficiently handled and the time of my airport transfer that I had requested was confirmed to me.
I was shown to my room which was excellent, I am not sure if this was a standard room as it far exceeded my expectations, the room was a corner room on the 5th floor it was large, clean and with a big bathroom which included a good size Jacuzzi bath.
The room furnishings are functional rather than luxurious but more than adequate for my needs.
I ordered room service dinner which was tasty and delivered promptly, the cost of this was also a pleasant surprise probably about 30% of the Sheraton.
My only small complaint is the traffic noise, Baku traffic is horrendous at most times of the day and Babek Prospekti is no different to the city centre, my stay was a Saturday night which may have contributed to the traffic being a bit busier for a bit longer, still despite this I slept well the bed was a little firm for my personal liking but ok.
My early morning call was on time as was my continental breakfast which was brought to my room.
Check out was again simple and efficiently handled and then for me came the crunch test would the airport transfer be on time? I did not need to worry as the car pulled up a couple of minutes early and I was on my way.
I was more than happy with my short stay here, I understand that anyone staying longer might want to be in the city centre but if like me you are looking for reasonably priced accomodation with decent food and airport transfers then this hotel should be your choice.
Finally I would like to mention the hotel staff, I have worked in Baku for 3 years now and found the Azeri people to be friendly and helpful and the staff here are no different they seem genuinely happy to meet you and help you.
I will stay here again during my next rotation out of Azerbaijan, I was very pleasantly surprised with the Days hotel.
Gary. Middlesbrough UK.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary M
MURAT G, General Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Mr Garry

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your valuable feedback with us. It is always appreciated when we hear from our guest their opinion.

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.

We thank you for choosing us, and look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Kindest Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Days Hotel is an average hotel.. It is situated in Babek Avenue which is quite away from Airport as well as City Centre. But if you are a business traveler it is near to most of the trade markets. In Baku very few people understand English (sometimes not even Hotel Reception) but in Days Hotel all reception attendants speak English and are very helpful. Food Quality is quite good, breakfast served in fresh.
It is in the centre of Auto market so if you want to enjoy Baku as a tourist it is a little far option, also a little overpriced if you do not get any discounts.

I liked the staff who is very friendly. This review is dedicated to all of them.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel for your stay in Baku.
I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service provided by our team members .
We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Kindest Regards
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This is the best business hotel in Azerbaijan. I stayed at Days Hotel in December. Breakfast was delicious. Personal was helpfully.This hotel is far from city centre 10 minutes by taxi. Thanks to all at Days Hotel Baku. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Baku Expo Center, and this location was ideal because my colleagues who stayed in all the downtown hotels and Old City suffered from traffic congestion.

The staff was perfect and attentive.
Two drawbacks: Poor breakfast in terms of options and quality of food, and the breakfast room was poorly lit.
Basic room amenities could be provided based on client request such as shower cap, hand lotion and sewing kit; especially that there is no pharmacy or grocery store close by.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

For possibly the first and only time while writing a review on Tripadvisor, I have to admit that I am a little biased this time around. This is not to say that I cannot see the faults with this place; I can put my ‘sensible, logistical and practical’ hat on – and will do! – but I will admit from the outset that I definitely developed an affinity with this place. I don’t know quite why – maybe it was because of the length of stay, (I’m used to two or three nights in an hotel, not sixteen!), or perhaps because of the reason for my visit, (the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest). It could equally be as a result of the positive attitude of the staff - who became friends during my stay – and who made my stay pleasant and relatively stress-free, despite the various obstacles put in my – and their – way!
First off: this is really not an hotel suitable for tourist visitors to Baku – unless there happens to be an event going on which makes other hotel room rates prohibitive. It really is quite far out from the centre, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, (there only seem to be car showrooms and furniture shops in the vicinity!) A taxi from the centre will cost around 5-7 Manat, which isn’t too bad at all, but constantly taking taxis can be a little tiresome after a while – especially when a taxi is required for literally everything, (even a supermarket visit!) If you are visiting Baku on business, this might well work out better for you, but bear in mind that restaurant/dining opportunities in the locality are very limited and will also require a taxi journey somewhere – however if your visit is business-related and you will be entertaining and/or entertained during your visit, it might be OK. Tourists might be happy enough, too, if you will be spending the whole day in town – i.e. making one journey in and one journey out – and you will be assured a peaceful and restful sleep, despite the hotel’s location adjacent to a busy road!
The Days hotel provides free transfers to- and from- the airport in Baku, which is certainly most welcome, especially upon arrival and having braved the various immigration and/or customs procedures! Make sure you get in touch with them beforehand, either by telephone or email, to organise this – trust me, it really is worth the hassle! The building itself is pretty unassuming and located next to a Nissan showroom, but there is an ATM adjacent and a small shop across the (busy) road, for any essentials. A lot of local taxi drivers don’t know the hotel itself, even if they know the road upon which it is located – so pick up a few business cards from reception when you check in for everyone’s convenience.
Rooms at the hotel appear to be pretty uniform, and are a somewhat curious mix of the modern and the less-so – it’s actually a quite recent development, but some aspects don’t feel that way! Everything is done out in earthy tones of beige, brown, and cream. My room – a double, that subsequently became a twin upon request! – featured two single beds, a work desk with mirror, coffee table with single lounge chair and a wardrobe, along with a fridge unit. It all reminded me a lot of the former-Yuoslav republics I visited in the late 80s/early 90s; that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but should give you an idea of what to expect. Despite the busy road in front of the hotel, which my room overlooked, it wasn’t at all noisy, and achieving sleep was very easy. Those of us who carry multiple electronic devices around the world will find sufficient sockets here, with some close to the work desk, and others located close to each of the beds. The air conditioning in the room worked very well in the heat of the day; in order to maintain a consistent temperature, I’d recommend doing as I did and pop some other form of plastic card into the slot beside the door, (not a payment card, obviously!), to keep things going in your absence – not necessarily the most ecologically-friendly approach, I know, but definitely the most effective!
The breakfast provided by the hotel is very acceptable, and I found the staff very attentive and keen. Various ‘egg options’ were available, along with pastries, bread, cold cuts, cheese etc. It is operated on a buffet-basis, but eggs can be cooked freshly to order, at no extra cost. Because the hotel isn’t too big, it never felt like anything was too ‘processed’, which makes a refreshing change!
What really makes this hotel, is the efficiency, friendliness and positivity of the staff. Everyone seemed very keen to impress, and to make my experience a good one. It might not be as flashy as some chain hotels opening up in Baku, but it offers sincerity and good, honest, friendly and clean accommodation. Definitely worth considering.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business