Days Hotel Baku
US$282
US$206
Travelocity
  • Pool
East Legend Panorama Hotel(Baku)(Great Value!)
US$65
All reviewsfree shuttlehotel managementcity centreold townairporttaxienglishreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions now, I've always found the rooms pleasant and clean (always tell staff when checking in that you are a non smoker though or they will assume you smoke and allocate your room accordingly!). The staff are very helpful, bar reasonably well stocked and the food is tasty and reasonably priced.
They also have a separate "Cigar Bar" near to the reception area where again you will find very knowledgeable staff to advise you whether you are a novice, buying a gift or a cigar expert! Again prices are reasonable and staff will often give you sweeteners to make the deal!
Looking forward to my return already!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
MURAT G, General Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel for your stay in Baku.
I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service provided by our team members .
We hope to be of service to you in the future. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Probably the worst sound proofing I've ever experienced in a 'hotel' in my life.
Woken numerous times during the night by various activities’ happening alongside or along the corridor (5th floor,) this includes the TV or even people talking at a normal volume.
The bathroom ceiling has no sound proofing of any description so every sound is evident regardless off the hour.

On the positive side, the staffs are very friendly & extremely helpful, the food is ok but very small choice.

Not recommended if you are either a light sleeper or need the sleep so as to prepare for an arduous day .

Room Tip: wish i had the answer to that!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MURAT G, General Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We will check the sound issue on the 5th floor and we will try to find a solution about it.

Thank you and looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Friendly people at reception and very good breakfast.Room is small but clean with a good shower.A none smoking room is a none smoking room and not a room with bad smells.The hotel location is to far to walk into town so you need a taxi,taxi prises are reasenoble.The food in the restaurant is good but there is little choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ellebartus
MURAT G, Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel and sharing your feedback with us.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Over the past 3 years I have used the Baku airport hotel (Sheraton) when travelling home, recently the company I work for terminated the contract they had with the airport hotel which would have meant I had to pay far more for the hotel, I was offered 2 other hotels both a long way from the airport so I decided to do a bit of internet searching based on price and the availability of an airport shuttle transfer.
When I first looked at the Days hotel I was surprised at the price which included breakfast and shuttle transfer to the airport, I decided to give it a chance and booked an overnight stay for 16/3.
It is always a challenge getting to hotels in Baku as the traffic is always crazy but that negotiated I arrived and was welcomed by the receptionist in good English and a very friendly manner, check in was simple and efficiently handled and the time of my airport transfer that I had requested was confirmed to me.
I was shown to my room which was excellent, I am not sure if this was a standard room as it far exceeded my expectations, the room was a corner room on the 5th floor it was large, clean and with a big bathroom which included a good size Jacuzzi bath.
The room furnishings are functional rather than luxurious but more than adequate for my needs.
I ordered room service dinner which was tasty and delivered promptly, the cost of this was also a pleasant surprise probably about 30% of the Sheraton.
My only small complaint is the traffic noise, Baku traffic is horrendous at most times of the day and Babek Prospekti is no different to the city centre, my stay was a Saturday night which may have contributed to the traffic being a bit busier for a bit longer, still despite this I slept well the bed was a little firm for my personal liking but ok.
My early morning call was on time as was my continental breakfast which was brought to my room.
Check out was again simple and efficiently handled and then for me came the crunch test would the airport transfer be on time? I did not need to worry as the car pulled up a couple of minutes early and I was on my way.
I was more than happy with my short stay here, I understand that anyone staying longer might want to be in the city centre but if like me you are looking for reasonably priced accomodation with decent food and airport transfers then this hotel should be your choice.
Finally I would like to mention the hotel staff, I have worked in Baku for 3 years now and found the Azeri people to be friendly and helpful and the staff here are no different they seem genuinely happy to meet you and help you.
I will stay here again during my next rotation out of Azerbaijan, I was very pleasantly surprised with the Days hotel.
Gary. Middlesbrough UK.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary M
MURAT G, General Manager at Days Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Mr Garry

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your valuable feedback with us. It is always appreciated when we hear from our guest their opinion.

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.

We thank you for choosing us, and look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Days Hotel is an average hotel.. It is situated in Babek Avenue which is quite away from Airport as well as City Centre. But if you are a business traveler it is near to most of the trade markets. In Baku very few people understand English (sometimes not even Hotel Reception) but in Days Hotel all reception attendants speak English and are very helpful. Food Quality is quite good, breakfast served in fresh.
It is in the centre of Auto market so if you want to enjoy Baku as a tourist it is a little far option, also a little overpriced if you do not get any discounts.

I liked the staff who is very friendly. This review is dedicated to all of them.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel for your stay in Baku.
We hope to be of service to you in the future.