“New location but no improvement”
Review of Georgian House - CLOSED

Georgian House
Cuisines: Eastern European
Description: Phone: (99412) 493-70-03 Cuisine: Georgian
Description: Phone: (99412) 493-70-03 Cuisine: Georgian
Istanbul
“New location but no improvement”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Georgian House opened a new restaurant on Khagani Street between Rashis Behbudov and Azadliq Streets, so we wanted to give a try. They have live music which would be nice if you go with a crowded party and like to dance. Food was reasonable so were the prices.

If you like to go for business dinner better try elsewhere.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Ridvan Y

• Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
“"OKAY"”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The decor was fine inside, more than the typical set up in most Azerbaijani restaurants. When we went the restaurant was completely empty and we were the only ones dining there. The food was edible--wasn't terrible by any means. Considering the restaurant was EMPTY the service was POOR. Once drinks/food was served he disappeared. However, not uncommon for most restaurants here. Also, in general stay away from ordering Chicken dishes in AZ because their definition of what chicken is not the same. There is no meat what-so-ever on the bone and you are spending money on a dish that there is nothing there to eat from.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Italian80
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Okay, slightly pricey food in a kitschy setting”
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I love Georgian food, so I was excited to try this place which had gotten a rave review in my guidebook. However, I suspect they may have done some remodeling since the guide writer was here, because upon I was immediately hit by the mounds of tacky decorations all around the restaurant, including an absurd curvy staircase, fake flowers, and a lot of shiny gold nonsense.

Even though there were only a couple other people in the restaurant, our waiter was hard to flag down. At one point, I saw him go across the street to the store, and then there were no staff members to be seen in the restaurant at all. All this I wouldn't have minded if only it were cheaper! The prices are definitely on the high side, and the portions aren't that big. The food itself was mostly good, although our chicken stuffed khachapuri was dreadful. I did enjoy my fried chicken liver and heart - sounds strange, but Georgians really do know how to make chicken insides taste divine. But that wasn't enough to redeem the visit, and I think next time I'll be going somewhere else for my chicken guts.

2 Thank Marywhotravels