“Looks lovely ...”
Review of Pullman Baku

Pullman Baku
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 26 June 2014

... but some care required. On the face of it this hotel looks spectacular and is very clean with helpful staff. However, as with many things in Azerbaijan, on the face of things is fine but when you actually come to use the facilities, some care is required. My very fancy bedside lights looked wonderful but when I used them, they spun on the spot and flickered before going out! The shiny bathroom was wonderful until I tried to drain the bath only to find that the plug didn't work properly as it was "for show only". In the same room (I was moved to a second room during my stay), my door locked turned but didn't actually lock the door. I'd like to think these were teething problems for the new hotel but I suspect they are not! Nothing too major but did just take some of the shine off this hotel's look.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear dubzbugz,

thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your stay in our property in December 2013. I am very pleased to learn that you have encountered our staff as friendly, helpful and polite. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered in the rooms during your stay. I am pleased to inform you, that we have implemented a program back in January where all guest rooms are being serviced by the technical team every three months to ensure all appliances in the room are fully functional. Furthermore the housekeeping team has undergone in depth training to ensure shortfalls are being notice and rectified immediately to ensure the maximum guest comfort.

dubzbugz, the entire Kempinski Hotel Badamdar team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Baku.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here, 2 weeks ago for a business trip. Excellent design and luxurious rooms, amenities in the rooms, are brand style. variety of food on the buffets are delicious and top quality. staff is very frendly. thanks for all management and staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear kdiler,

thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that the Kempinski Hotel Badamdar team was able to make is an enjoyable one. Please rest assured that your compliments will be shared with the entire team.

kdiler, the entire Kempinski Badamdar team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Baku in the not too distant future.

best regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice hotel with good amenities. Indoor pool is a success. Fitness center needs improvement. A mistake for us was the timingf of the visit, since there were many bikers staying for an international race. But this was annoying especially at restaurants for breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are GHA member, please ask for double upgrade for a better room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear twingotrip,

thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that you have experienced our property as a hotel with good amenities and enjoyed the leisure facilities including the gym as well as the indoor pool. Kindly note that as of mid May we have enhanced our leisure facilitates with the opening of our outside Aqua park which features two outside pools along with three water slides to offer even a wider variety. In regards to the hosting of the cycling group. During your stay the yearly Tour D'Azerbaijan took place in Baku, a yearly event attended by world leading professionals of the cycling world. In case this event disturbed your stay with us, please accept our apologies.

twingotrip, the entire Kempinski Badamdar team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Baku.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very luxurious but also very human. Had a very large room with a bed and a sofa bed. Lots of room to move around! The bathroom had everything one needs -- including a scale, which I have never seen before. The lobby and bar are lovely, the buffet restaurant offers a variety for both Azeri and non-Azeri guests. The personnel could not possibly have been friendlier.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear sbtick,

thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that the Kempinski Badamdar team was not only able to meet but even exceed your expectations. I am especially pleased to hear that you found the employees as extremely friendly and professional. Please rest assured that your compliments will be shared with the entire hotel team.

sbtick, the Kempinski Badamdar team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Baku.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ve been in Baku for a cycling tour and I stayed in Kempinski. Staff was really friendly, Kind, respectful and helpfull, I havent seen anybody Who cant talk english. Also most of them speak German and Russsian.Foods were great also, it was Light and healthy. Wifi speed and cleaning is also important for me it was really good. I dont have anything negative to say. Thanks to everybody Who makes My trip great

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ibrahim A,

thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that the Kempinski Badamdar team was not only able to meet but even exceed your expectations. Please rest assured that your compliments will be shared with the entire hotel team.

Ibrahim A, the Kempinski Badamdar team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Baku.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Claims to be a 5 star hotel definitely 5star prices at lobby bar and restaurant but food more of a 3star friendly enough staff. Lack of facilities entertainment wise especially whenbsitting around all day and aqua park closed even though weather is still hot.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear bubbles150,

Thank you very much for taking your time sharing the experiences of your stay at our property in September last year. I am sorry to learn that the Kempinski Hotel Badamdar team was not able to meet your expectations completely. I am pleased to advise you that over the past months we have invested substantial time and efforts in enhancing our services including the food and beverage offers. In regards to the entertainment facilities, kindly note that our property offers a extensive selection of activities, including tennis and basketball court, indoor pool, Fitness Center, a 3500 sqm Spa as well as an Entertainment Center with Bowling, Snooker, Dart as well as Play Stations which are available all year around.

bubbles150, I sincerely hope that the Kempinski Hotel Badamdar will have once again the opportunity to welcome you back to Baku.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Disspointing hotel. Service is not outstanding, breakfast was very modest, lunch - almost bad with a burnt steak and bad-smelling duck breast. Waiters were not of a 5 star level but rather suitable to some small local restaurant.
Room was smelling smoke and cold. I visited the hotel mainly for its spa, the therapy by a Thai lady was great which was not the case for the local therapist. It was rather cold in the spa. Also what I didn't like is that there's no man/women separation, you can't avoid men in the same relaxing areas and it's not really pleasant to be in a bathrobe among strangers.
Booking also was not done correctly they booked for March instead of February. Also when you stay in couple they demand you a marriage certificate which is funny...
I appreciated the design, they tended to use local ornaments and decoration, but I certainly will not return because one can get the better service for the same price in other hotels in Baku.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mayya_d_z,

Thank you very much for taking your time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am sorry to learn that the Kempinski Hotel Badamdar team was not able to meet your expectations completely. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you encountered during your visit. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the relevant departments to ensure our clients are experiencing truly outstanding service that you can expect from a Kempinski property. I would like to thank you for the compliments to the Asian Spa therapist and please rest assured your positive feedback will be shared with her.
mayya_d_z,, I sincerely hope that the Kempinski Hotel Badamdar will have once again the opportunity to welcome you back to Baku.