“Expensive and Average”

Ranked #77 of 113 Hotels in Baku
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Expensive and Average”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was in Baku on business and the sales rep booked this hotel. Baku is an expensive city - that will suprise most people. The traffic is horrible so it is better to stay close to the venue you want to see.

The reception of this hotel is on the 17th floor of an office building that is located in an older area of town with a pedestrian area next to it. The reception area looks like a business office not a hotel. The staff where friendly enough. My room was on the 15th floor and was a suite with a livingroom, kitchenette and bedroom. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was huge and clean as well.

The breakfast was on another floor in the restaurant. It was ok - buffet with the basic stuff. No great bread just regular loaf bread.

If I go back for business, I would probably stay here again just because it is close to the office of our customer. I had to move hotels for the last two nights because of the Euro Vision competition as the hotel was full. See my review on the Giz Galazi hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 1 March 2012

BEWARE No alone women!
On February 29th 2012, I was molested by the security guard, he listened from the corridor to my conversation with my colleague and then engaged me, grabbed me hurting my arm and tried to pull me into a room, kept asking where was my room, if I was married and that he wanted a foreign girlfriend. When I managed to free myself from his grip he said he'd wait for me right there.
I was lucky...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Geaograph

Travellers are raving about these Baku hotels

Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 24 November 2011

have stayed her twice. The rooms are very big. Actually it not a room but a suite. Located in the heart of Baku. You can't get closer to the city centre. Nice view since all rooms are at high floors. The rooms are expensive.

Nice breakfaston the top floor, with a (close to) 360 degree view of the city. Rooms are clean but not very modern, but you will not complain.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Arrived from the Lufthansa Flight at 21 20 in mid November and was driven into the City - arrived at the hotel which is really an office block with flour floors of the Radisson on the top of it ! - The rooms are large , mine had a Kitchen and Lounge and I had plenty of room - the bathrooms are small but well equip and overall I was impressed. - The staff were friendly and while the bar and indeed b/fast room were empty the food was good and I would return.

Room Tip: You can only have one of two floors - so go for either !
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Hereford, UK
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I have just stayed 4 nights in this hotel. I found it very comfortable. The room was spacious and quiet with a great view of the city. Maybe some of the furniture is a bit worn, but it was clean. The bar and restaurant on the top floor served good meals and the view of the city from the rooftop bar is excellent. Staff were very helpful and efficient, although the bar staff were a little dour....

I found a good rate for the hotel online and if I can find it again, I will certainly be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Moscow
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed there with my wife from 28 May until 5 June. Overall pleasant experience, room was spacious but in need of significant renovation, great location. I would like to stress the importance that the security guards at entrance should get serious whipping and training for treating and assuming that every woman that enters the building in late hours is prostitute. We stayed there for 8 nights and these smart guys managed to ask for my wife’s documents and almost interrogate my wife's intentions at their hotel on the daily basis. I believe that the hotel should have informed the security that a couple stays at their hotel. On our last day staying, the situation almost got out of control when the smart guys tried to check my wife's documents again and asked uncomfortable questions. I've managed to say everything I think about their behavior – they should be lucky that I was in a good mood and did not escalate this to physical beating stupidity out of them . We have also complained about their behavior to the shift manager. I don't think that the hotel took any actions with respect to these guys. Therefore, I don't suggest anybody travelling with a family member to stay at this hotel since you never know how these guys may react to your family member.
Cheers

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank BlastFromThePast
Ashkhabad
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I really enjoyed staying at Radisson, mostly thanks to its friendly staff. They just never say 'no' to you. Although the normal check out time is 12:00, they kindly let us stay until 18:00 without any charge - you won't see that often in other hotels. My room was spacious & well maintained. Cleaning was superb. The location is another merit of this hotel - the old city and fountain square is just beside you. The only weak point - the breakfast does not give you too much options for the price you pay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business