“Great location, good business hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baku
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Baku
Ranked #78 of 123 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Good points: great location, good-sized suite, fairly modern, not too shabby, clean, comfortable, free wifi, free bottles of water in the room (absolutely essential during the summer), polite staff, amazing views

Bad points: lobby located on the 17th floor of the office block with not much signage outside - make sure you get into the right lifts (at the end of the block of lifts), the pool and spa was under renovation during my stay, electronic card kept on de-activating so I had to get it reactivated almost every time I wanted to get into my room which involved a trek to the lobby

Other points: the breakfast wasn't included in my room rate so I didn't have it, although after reading the comments of other travellers I'm glad I didn't!

The hotel has a taxi service who can pick you up and drop you off but it is pricey.

Went to the restaurant for lunch (business buffet lunch) once - it was OK - there are better places to eat in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stepballchange

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel. I have to begin by saying that you cannot get a better located hotel in Baku. You are directly on Fountains Square which is the true heart of the city, with wonderful restaurants and bars on your doorstep, whilst being within a 10 min walk from most of the tourist areas.

The room was great. The hotel is described as all-suite, and our room had a seperate living room with a small kitchenette (i.e. a sink, fridge, kettle).

Arriving at the hotel is quite strange. The hotel is on the top floors of a office block (which I was aware of), but there is very little branding on the ground floor and no indication as to what floor the reception is on, just that the hotel occupies floors 14-17 (it is on the 17th floor btw).

Upon check-in, I enquired about breakfast, because although the room description on the Radisson Blu website has "Super Breakfast Buffet" listed under the "Key Features" of our room, the moment I began the booking process, there was no mention made of breakfast. The check-in clerk said breakfast was included. We tried this Super Breakfast Buffet on the first morning only to find there was nothing Super about it, in fact it was one of the worst breakfasts we have ever had at one of the main business chain hotels. We decided to get breakfast ingredients from the local market to keep in our room instead. We only had their breakfast one more time during our weeks stay on a morning with a early start. Upon checkout we were charged for those 2 breakfasts (16 Manats per person per breakfast, which is more expensive than your average main course at a restaurant in Baku). When we told the clerk that we were told breakfast was included said according to his system it wasn't and had the attitude of "it's not my problem and I can't do anything about it". Unfortunately we were checking out at 6am and there was no manager on duty.

It really is a shame that we left the hotel on such a sour note, as we did actually enjoy our stay up to that point. There may not be many facilities at the hotel, but the location really does make up for that.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sstolp
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Just back fro Eurovision which probably means I wasn't seeing 'normal' Baku. The sea view suites have stunning views of the city and you are very well located if you are tourist for the old city shops and bars.
I like the fact that it sits on the top of an office block and feels like an oil business hotel which puts it in context for the location
The rooms are huge and comfortable. Reception staff are very friendly, the breakfast room deserted but you are on top of the world.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Didnt stay just went to the restaurant on the 17th floor. Great views but food adequate. It was Eurovision night though so prehaps they were exceptionally busy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was in Baku on business and the sales rep booked this hotel. Baku is an expensive city - that will suprise most people. The traffic is horrible so it is better to stay close to the venue you want to see.

The reception of this hotel is on the 17th floor of an office building that is located in an older area of town with a pedestrian area next to it. The reception area looks like a business office not a hotel. The staff where friendly enough. My room was on the 15th floor and was a suite with a livingroom, kitchenette and bedroom. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was huge and clean as well.

The breakfast was on another floor in the restaurant. It was ok - buffet with the basic stuff. No great bread just regular loaf bread.

If I go back for business, I would probably stay here again just because it is close to the office of our customer. I had to move hotels for the last two nights because of the Euro Vision competition as the hotel was full. See my review on the Giz Galazi hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2012

BEWARE No alone women!
On February 29th 2012, I was molested by the security guard, he listened from the corridor to my conversation with my colleague and then engaged me, grabbed me hurting my arm and tried to pull me into a room, kept asking where was my room, if I was married and that he wanted a foreign girlfriend. When I managed to free myself from his grip he said he'd wait for me right there.
I was lucky...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Geaograph
Reviewed 24 November 2011

have stayed her twice. The rooms are very big. Actually it not a room but a suite. Located in the heart of Baku. You can't get closer to the city centre. Nice view since all rooms are at high floors. The rooms are expensive.

Nice breakfaston the top floor, with a (close to) 360 degree view of the city. Rooms are clean but not very modern, but you will not complain.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business