Austin Hotel Baku
  • Pool
US$66
US$64
US$65
All reviewsno liftpedestrian areafountain squaregreat locationrestaurants and barsclean hotelnice bathroomold cityaverage hotelstayed for nightstop floorsmall hotelcentral locationrooms are bigwalking distancerecommend this hotelreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2012

stayed at the austin hotel in baku for 2 weeks, idealy situated in the centre of Baku, as for the hotel though you have to go up a flight of stairs to reception then after that more stairs to your room as there was no lift quite a trudge with suitcases, the room was ok apart from the leaky bath and no shower curtain so after a shower the bathroom floor was soaked, also the only european tv channel available was BBC world news nothing else, breakfast was of good quality and wifi readily available , also gym facilities were available and the smallest swimming pool in the world i think ( not to much bigger than a bath)all in all not too bad a hotel but could be better

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Not too bad, was told I had a executive suite but not as we'll furnished as some I have been in. It is very central and I could look up and down the Main Street in Baku plenty of shops designer and small. Loads of cafes and restaurants around and the people were very friendly, those that spoke English liked to use it as much as they could for the practice they tell me.

Room Tip: Go late to the hotel and the best rooms are kept to last.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2012

the hotel is very central and you can reach almost everything by foot. you are close to the caspian sea, the old city, the fountain square and several restaurants and bars are close by. its the ideal base camp while in Baku - location wise.

The Hotel itself is rather basic and the rooms simple. the mattresses are - at least for my tase - far too soft and the sheets shold be replaced. Dont expect too much from the breakfast, but dont worry, it will fill you. There is bread, cheese and industry scrambled egg.

Neverthless, I will check in again when I am in Baku next time because the location is just too convenient...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sascha K
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I arrived back from Baku yesterday having stayed in the Austin Hotel for 9 nights. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I can only praise and compliment it. My room was bright, clean and had everything I needed. The hotel location is superb and convenient. The buffet breakfast on the mornings I managed to get up was very good. Lots of choice to suit every taste. Above all, the excellent staff in the hotel deserve a mention. All of those I dealt with are polite, friendly, helpful, spoke excellent English and are in my opinion part of my positive experience in the Austin. If ever I return to Baku, I will book this hotel again. To anyone considering a trip to Baku, it is a great city to visit and this hotel is a must for you!!!

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, very sunny, great aircon and excellent wifi
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The Austin Hotel is **** rated and is well located in the center of Baku, approximately 10 minutes from Fountain Square.

As other have said, there is no lift in the hotel so be prepared to carry your luggage if no porter is available. The hotel is also in a pedestrianized area, so you won't be able to get dropped off directly outside.

The room I had seemed slightly small, however it was clean and had been decorated fairly recently. The bathroom was well equipped and tidy, with a bath and a shower. The room had a tv and free wireless internet access.

During my visit there was a lot of snow, the outside area around the hotel was very very slippy and remained so for a number of days - No one was prepared to grit this area and it would have been very dangerous for old people etc.

Good points about the hotel :

My room, all corridoors and the breakfast restraunt was clean and tidy.
Staff were pleasant and friendly.
24hr reception.
Fast check-out.

Bad points :

Satellite TV was down more often than it was up. I think this was due to adverse weather at the time, however for 80% of the 2 week trip I only received 1 English speaking channel, the BBC world service (and this wasn't available all the time)

As above, possibly influenced by poor weather conditions the Wi-Fi was up and down all the time which was annoying.

No carpets in the corridor outside my room meant I heard people walking up and down during the night, also a communal area was situated not very from my room meaning I could regularly hear groups of people chatting and making noise, sometimes in to the night.

Although tea & coffee making facilities are available in the room, housekeeping would only leave one tiny container of milk each day meaning a trip to reception was needed should you feel like more than one coffee/tea per-day !

ROOM SERVICE - The Austin only offers breakfast and outsources room service requests to local businesses. I ordered a steak via the hotel reception, although the food was passable it was very expensive, 45MN for a meal, by far the most expensive I purchased during my trip - It didn't arrive on a plate or even with cutlery !!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business