“Hotel hale kai”
Review of Hotel Hale Kai

Hotel Hale Kai
Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I can honestly say that this hotel is fantastic. The staff went out of their way to make all guests as welcome as possible which really did impress me. The room quality was great and clean and the location is fine. In terms of value the rooms get another thumbs up. I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed too. The wifi in the room was extremely fast and the breakfast was lovely. So all in all would I recommend this hotel? Definitely. I will certainly use this hotel again and highly recommend it as you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Your comments are greatly appreciated and will help us to improve all of our guests' experience. We thank you for staying with us and hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at Hotel Hale Kai for three nights in January 2014 and my experience was a mixed one.

Positives: Booking a room and a taxi from the airport was extremely simple, and the staff were generally very friendly and helpful (and spoke excellent English) which made things really easy. The location is superb and the room itself was a fantastic size with its own kitchenette and a small sitting area. The staff were really helpful in allowing me to use the small conference room while I was there for a meeting with no charge. The breakfast was good, although without a huge range of choice, but there was someone there who would make up personalised omelettes and sandwiches which was a really nice touch.

Negatives: The main disappointment was that the room was extremely hot. The piping under the bathroom floor was absolutely roasting and it meant that the whole hotel room was unpleasantly hot. I had to sleep with the windows open (in mid-January) which meant hearing the noise from outside. The wifi was very temperamental and only worked about half the time I was there. Finally, the electricity in the room turns on when you put your room card in a slot near the door, but frequently when I did this, the electricity would only last for a few seconds before turning off again. I had to re-insert my card half a dozen times each time I entered the room which was very frustrating.

Overall the problems may just have been in my particular room, and had I not had them, I would have given the hotel four or even five stars. If you get a room without heating, wifi or electricity problems, then you'll have fantastic value for money. Personally, I'm unsure I'd want to run the risk of having them again and so would be tempted to try somewhere else the next time I'm in Baku.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 303 and 304. The heat emanating from the bathroom made it very uncomfortable indeed, and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard W
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments.We feel regret that you were too hot. Perhaps, we overdid in an effort to make your stay comfortable and warm. And I promise you: Next time ,we will take into consideration all your wishes.
Hope to see you in proximate future in Hale Kai hotel.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Firstly really friendly staff, cant do enough for you when you are booking taxis, the young girl on the desk was just brilliant and professional.
Laundery done fast and good, rooms a little tired but fine functioning and quiet enough - even though there is a slight clatter when other guest close the big heavy doors.
Breaky is great and omellete cooked fresh in front of you by good chefs.
Best central location helps this become an easy to stay at an appreciate place

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave F
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for kind words.Your comments are greatly appreciated and will help us to improve all of our guests' experience.We hope to see you again.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Booked room for my friends, and they were very satisfied
Located in the heart of city, that can be very convenient to walk to Fountain Square, the old city and the boulevard.
There was so freandly staff always smile and wanted to help with any questions.
Clean rooms and spaciousness.
Have free wifi and breakfast(very delicious)
Prices are acceptable
It was convenient to pay for rooms in cash since I own local I didn't think that this is the best hotel with good prices and location for my best friends. They liked hotel that I selected for them, and I have no regrets about it.

Room Tip: i think that all rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lily L
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in Hale Kai again .
With my respect ,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've stayed here several times now. The hotel location is very good. But I have said it before; the greatest part of staying here is The Staff; they always seem to have a smile on their face - so friendly and helpful. The manager and her staff go out of their to help. The room this time as with previous occasions was a good size and clean. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is in Great Location
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for finding time to write a comment. We are always glad to see you in Hale Kai. Serving you is our pleasure .

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rooms are ok, spacey and clean. Wifi worked properly in my room (303). We met the owner who was kind enough to lend us 6 pillows for our trip to the countryside...location and friendly service are this hotels' best features. They even made us breakfast an hour early (on 2 mornings) because we had to leave at 7.

One tip! Be careful when buying online when in AZ as my amex number was stolen and the thief spent 4000euros.

p.s. don't wash your laundry in the hotel as it's a bit pricey. find a laundry service in the neighbourhood...

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. It was pleasure for us to see all your group in our hotel.
We wish you all the best in your creative business.
We hope to see you again .
By the way: Thank you that you returtn back all 6 pillows :)
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one nite
Was going to stay more but read on
The positives first
Good location near fountain square
Large soviet style rooms
Good powerful shower
The negatives
Old air con which whined like a drill
Bearings gone
Got a room change
Exactly same problem
So no ac
No wifi in rooms at all
Worked briefly in reception and breakfast area
The morning staff did not think this would be a big inconvenience having no Internet !
Threadbare towels
Breakfast basically eggs and toast
Ok I suppose
Oviously no investment in hotel in a long time
No lift
Not a big problem as I was only one floor up but there was a higher floor too
Rude unhelpful staff
84 manats
Much nicer little places very nearby for 60 with wifi and ac
When I asked for a discount for no ac or wifi which was a huge problem, I was told no way
Then they said they only take cash as machine broken
Surprise surprise !
Then when I only had euro they wanted one to one exchange rate when down the road in exchange it was 1.06 manat to euro
Definitely a terrible place
Avoid avoid

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank samboDublin
Elmira K, Manager at Hotel Hale Kai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your critical notices. We will take into consideration. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will help us to improve all of our guests' experience.