Ascott The Residence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Bon Vivant(Dhaka City)
  • Restaurant
Asia Pacific Hotel(Dhaka City)
  • Pool
Executive Inn(Dhaka City)
Blossom Hotel(Dhaka City)
Bengal Blueberry(Dhaka City)
View Hotel
Six Seasons Hotel(Dhaka City)
View Hotel
Hotel Lake Castle(Dhaka City)
Space Apartments(Dhaka City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdiplomatic zoneroom was largehotel is locatedairport shuttleshort staybaridharadistricttrafficsafetydeskdhakabusinesssheetsofficesecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. The Ascott is an international serviced residence brand from Singapore and they are branded mid-high range. Therefore, I certainly was not expecting the very basic set-up of the room. Clean and well-kept, but very basic.

The room layout is what you would expect of a serviced apartment, with a small dry kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. I was on the 2nd floor so the sound of traffic and people walking about went on quite late into the night.

The bed was also hard and the bedsheets were basic. Safe to say, I did not have the best sleep.

I did not have time to eat breakfast at the hotel.

Everybody in Bangladesh is very friendly and helpful so it was nice to know that the hotel kept to this standard.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor if you can to have a more peaceful rest
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank denisenah
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Overall, I can say that my stay was quite good, a bit better than when I stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago. It has all the basic amenities and services and it is very near my workplace. If there's one thing that I liked the best, it's the shower because the water is strong and the temp is easy to control. The staff are also generally courteous, warm, and helpful.

The breakfast and menu can be improved though. The selection is quite limited and if you have stayed for almost 2 weeks, you will surely get tired of the food. There are times that some staff at the restaurant have the tendency to be a bit selective when serving people of different nationalities and tend to favor one over the other. There are no other restaurants near the hotel so if you're craving for other food, you have to go to the city center. Transportation could be a bit difficult as you have to either use your own car/service, ride a rickshaw, or just wear your comfortable shoes and walk. Don't forget your mosquito repellant though when going outside.

Wifi is complimentary but it is a bit slow. Cable TV is good as there are a lot of English channels to choose from.

Since the hotel is strategically located near my office, I would surely stay here again if given the chance to visit Dhaka one more time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank I-benget
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here with my whole family for three nights when we could not get into our usual hotel in Gulshan. The hotel looks fine from the outside, but inside has a upmarket feeling lobby. I was staying with my husband and 11 year old daughter and had a 1 bedroom suite. The bedroom had two double beds and was very big and beautifully decorated. We also had a a sizable living room and kitchen area, making it easy to make tea for the whole group. The other twin rooms were all decorated to the same high standard but were slightly smaller. The bedding ll looked and felt luxurious made the rooms look good and the beds were very comfortable. The walls were pretty think and so we had to try and talk quietly to avoid being heard outside. The rooms were very quiet with no noise from traffic, which made for a good nights sleep. The bathrooms were large, lovely and clean. The main problem with this hotel was the attitude of the staff. They were unhelpful and unfriendly. It was also relatively expensive. In the end, we moved to our usual less expensive hotel where the staff were really helpful. This is a hotel that is lovely and could be great but needs management to be move involved and ensure that the staff understand what customer service means.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Helena C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at The Ascott last month while returning back from an official trip. I was pleasantly surprised as soon as I entered the hotel because from the outside it looks quite a small place but it' very well equipped like any other big hotel. The rooms were extremely spacious & comfortable enough. There is complimentary Wi-Fi(which was a bit problematic during my stay), TV with DTH facilities, Fruit baskets & other basic necessities. Shower was well equipped & good enough. In case you smoke, you'd have to ask for the smoking rooms. The staff is very helpful & very polite.
Extra browny points for the amazing morning breakfast spread. Food at both the restraunts was amazing. Highly Recommended over other high priced options in the Baridhara area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TheShankster
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel is quiet and clean and cost represnets value for money. I had basic bedroom which was a reaonalbe size with an armchair to watch TV. The bed was OK but rather hard. Shower excellent. If you don't like smoke go for roons starting with a 5 in the number which is a bit confusing as they are on the 4th floor. Food is OK and again not expensive for a hotel. Coffee could be better and no alcohol served but you can bring take in..

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 5 something on 4th floor are queit and non smoking
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business