“Fantastic tour!!!!”

and up
2-Day Shipbreaking Yard Tour from Dhaka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We operate day tours in different cities along with a trip to some offbeat locations in Bangladesh. We have experiential, educational and volunteering activity based program in partnership with local NGOs. The tours are composed of local guide along with experienced one, activities, harmony living arrangements, local foods and community engagements to make it a tour of a lifetime...
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Where to start. This company and tour guide, Sajjat, were amazing. Very knowledgable and made my experience first class. They collected me on time and in a nice vehicle. Even brought snacks and drinks for me.

Sonargaon is an incredible place to visit. Sajjat and his driver took me to every spot possible. The tour ended up lasting 10.5hrs because they said they would continue showing me more things if I wanted to see them (which I did).

The boat trip over to the island to meet the local village people was awesome. Lunch was in a good restaurant.

Panam City was one of the highlights and I ended up being lucky enough to meet the British High Commissioner who was visiting there also.

I also met the most famous movie director for the country at a site where he had built a replica of the Taj Mahal.

I really cannot speak highly enough of this company. I had booked another tour (Old Dhaka City tour) with the company Trip2Bangladesh and they were appalling. The company and guide were so bad that I ended the tour early. The guide could barely speak or understand English. I wished I had used Deshghuri instead.

Only use Deshghuri when touring Bangladesh - you won't be disappointed. I wasn't :-)

Sajjat, Owner at Deshghuri - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Thank you for your review and it has been a neat accolade for us. The people we meet during our tour was a real coincidence that made it more special. We hope you will visit Bangladesh again with friends and kin.

All reviews
"arrangements"
"country"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The fellows at Deshghuri tours are not the most professional or prepared but they both speak English very well and keen to meet tourist and show them around their city and country.

1  Thank Jacub12345
sajjat, Owner at Deshghuri - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you for review. We consider each and every feedback to improve our services and you feedback will be considered with highest priority.

As your traveled during 5 days long Eid Vacation, most of the tourist places in Dhaka and Panam city was Massively over crowded and most of the queues were near about 100m long. Due to long nation wide vacation all the proffered restaurant, food shop were closed along with a number of place of attractions. This type of situation occurs only twice a year during Eid festival. This is not an excuse but to let you know for some uncontrollable situation we might not have delivered the service to the excellence we try to maintain.

We appropriate your honest feedback and offer you a Full Free Tour around Dhaka in your next visit and hope to deliver you the best service in future. Thanks and regards.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We just got back from our first visit to Dhaka. A friend had booked us a tour to see the old capital of Dhaka. Our guide and driver Sajjat was very hospitable and knowledgeable. We were quite tired so he accommodated us to our needs. I would highly recommend his company for your travel needs in Bangladesh.

3  Thank MrsSimbaonsafari
sajjat, Owner at Deshghuri - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

You review is so special and inspiring for us when we found it is a review from an explorer who traveled almost 100 countries and given us such a positive feedback. We try our best to accommodate traveler's expectation as much as our country has to offer.

We would like to thank you and your friends for choosing deshghuri as your travel companion. Hope to see you again in long trip to Bangladesh. Regards.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We recently had the pleasure and privilege of joining the delightful Sajjat and lovely Merina on a wonderful tour of Old Dhaka and other city highlights. Organised at last minute around my busy work schedule Sajjat took us on a tour packed with all the city highlights including the National Parliament, Ahsan Manzil, the Armenian Church, Dhaka University, Bangabandhu emorial Museum, Dhakeshwari Temple, Lalbag Fort. We also had the great experience of a boat trip on the River Buriganga and a wonderful Bengali meal in Old Dhaka.
Both Sajjat and Merina were the most lovely and knowledgeable hosts and nothing was too difficult for them. They looked after us wonderfully and I would unreservedly recommend them to others. I intend to contact them again next time in Dhaka to see more of their fascinating city