“24 Hours + bad services”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of De' Royalle

De' Royalle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“24 Hours + bad services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

Never really go there before this year due to car park issues in Bandar (city centre) area. However, as my friends and I started to hang out real late these days, we are left with no choice but De'Royalle, one of the few cafe in Brunei which opens past midnight (in fact, it is a 24 hours cafe).

I visited in a few times already due to the lack of other options but am so dissatisfied with their services that we decided to just chat over soft drink at the park or roadside instead of going to that cafe.

My worst encounter was during my first visit - I sat down, and waited for someone to serve me. 15 minutes passed and I really started to doubt and thought that it could be a self-service cafe like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (ironically, situated next door to the De'Royalle). And all these while, one of the waitress + a guy (who might be the manager but I am not sure) were chatting right in front of me (about 2m away, next to another table), talking about some issues that is not time-sensitive at all. They didn't even bother to look at me. I know that girl is a waitress because when some backpackers sat down on another table, she went on and served them. Only then did I realise that it is not a self-service cafe.

The drinks/food are about B$5 and above, a little expensive but I guess it is due to their 24 hours exclusivity and location, which is acceptable.

All in all, I hope the management can really look into the services; but yea, they don't have to as they're mostly dealing with people who need a decent cafe at 2am or tourists who stay in BSB area.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank ingSiang

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“itz a cool place to chill out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

itz a cool place to chill out with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook