Palm Garden Hotel
Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$109
US$102
Great 4.5/5
Traders Inn(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$45
US$39
Good 3.5/5
Orchid Garden Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$131
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Jubilee Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$52
US$39
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
The Brunei Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$88
US$64
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
The Rizqun International Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$153
US$118
Good 3.5/5
Venice Lodge(Bandar Seri Begawan)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$46
Great 4.5/5
The Capital Residence Suites(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$245
US$84
Trip.com
Great 4.5/5
Badi'ah Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$67
US$57
Very Good 4/5
The Centrepoint Hotel(Bandar Seri Begawan)
US$85
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshealthy breakfastfree gymcomplete amenitiesswimming poolhotel guestsstate of the art gymextra pillowsquiet areathe busnearby mallfree airport transferslow servicereception areadepartment storeshuttle servicehotel locationjame'asr hassanil bolkiah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here on November 25th, 2011,
I asked for a king size bed, and its nice, the room is cozy, everything is good, im planning to stay there again tonight but there no more king bed, but overall its amazing, good food, but not good RECEPTIONIST, shes all moody that day when we checked out, so management please do something shes a chinese lady, :) overalll its an amazing night, missed it already!

Room Tip: just choose the king size bed its worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ailee z
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last year for 3 days and I can say it was a good deal. Most of the hotels in Brunei are expensive, so finding a hotel with a reasonable price like Palm Garden was really a relief for me. The amenities are good, the staff is very accommodating and friendly, ready to help, fluent in speaking english, and it's a good thing they're filipinos too as I am a filipino as well. I had a great time at this hotel all in all. I'd recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank MaiaLorelai
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Palm Garden hotel is simple, room is decent and clean. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful (most Bruneians are friendly and pleasant).

Breakfast is simple, yet nice and clean. The only down side is, bed is hard.

Thumbs up, for the hotel. I will consider staying there again when I am visiting Bandar Seri Begawan again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HLok
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked directly with the hotel and requested a $20 airport transfer - this was organised efficiently and my driver was very friendly and informative. Check-in was pain-free, and my room was spacious and clean. The swimming pool was also nice - although someone was smoking in the non-smoking cafe area adjacent to it every time I looked.

However, a few little things spoiled the experience for me.

In the room: the bed was OK, but the pillows were terrible - thin, lumpy and worn. There was no sink plug, making it difficult to shave or wash clothes. All power is cut when you leave the room (requires chip card to be inserted), including to the fridge. The fridge (actually just a cooler box) was completely useless anyway - even after being powered all night, drinks which were cold when placed in the fridge were at room temperature by morning.

At the front desk: currency exchange was offered, but the rates were predatory - on my visit the Australian dollar would buy $1.25BND at the airport, $1.28 in town, but just 90c at the hotel (the US$ would buy $1.00BND). And when I inquired if I could pay for a late check-out, the only option available was to pay for another whole night (and the hotel wasn't particularly full). Staff were apologetic, but clearly their hands were tied.

Small matters for sure, but they create a bad impression.

A few words about location: the hotel is 2 or 3 km out of town, and quite far from the main road if you follow the streets (there might be a cross-country short-cut, but I wasn't game to try to find it at night). There is a bus stop nearby (to head to the city you catch the #20 bus that is going towards the hotel - it must be a new service as it isn't on the bus map) but bus services stop around 6pm and there are few taxis.

There are shops and restaurants near the hotel, but if you want to walk to other shops such as the night markets or large shopping malls, be aware that the roads in the area are very unfriendly to pedestrians - there may be no crossings, footpaths appear and disappear, and there may be tripping hazards such as steel bars protruding from the concrete.

Also be aware that despite the small population, traffic can be very heavy at peak period, or if there has been a road accident - allow plenty of time if you have a flight to catch.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank BVC2
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We had a day transit in Brunei and so booked this hotel - and were very glad we did so. To begin with, staff made a wonderful impression before we even arrived - our email communication enquiring about the bookings and arranging airport transfers were answered very promptly and courteously. When we actually arrived, staff were absolutely lovely and the premises and the rooms far exceeded our expectations - for the price and the rating (3 stars) we did not expect the the facilities to be so good. The use of the adjoining fitness centre was an added bonus, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom facilities in excellent condition and the foyer area very aesthetic. Wi-fi was available to use. We were in transit in Brunei for 12 hours and did not expect our rooms to be ready or able to check in until at least midday (our flight arrived at 5am). What a pleasant surprise to arrive at the hotel and be able to go straight to our rooms to rest! Would highly recommend Palm Gardens and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends