“Nothing special, quite expensive”

Frattini's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Nothing special, quite expensive”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Now, I understand that Italian is going to be a bit more expensive here because of the need to use imported ingredients. The view is great and the staff efficient and friendly. The food, however, wasn't nice. The bread was hard. The pizza base was soggy and too greasy. The lasagna was heavy and tasteless. Overall, it was pretty ordinary. If the price had been lower, I wouldn't be so harsh but, when you're paying so much by Brunei standards, you do expect considerably better.

• Visited May 2013

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Om Nom Nom!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

When we first arrived in Brunei we were keen to go and sample some local food, and were nervous about what the prices would be like since Brunei is famously quite expensive. My girlfriend is vegetarian and finding local food that catered to her needs (and finding it in a hurry) was proving difficult and then we spotted Frattini's Italian Restaurant on the waterfront. Okay, so it's not local food but it overlooks the Venice of the East so I guess it still counts.

The food was delicious and actually quite reasonably priced. I had a seafood pizza which was amazing, and my girlfriend had a margherita pizza with spicy chillis. Overall, we couldn't really of been happier with the result - well perhaps we could but there is no beer anywhere in Brunei!

Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Frattini's is on the city's waterfront in a little pavilion building. The waterfront is bland and quiet with poor shopping and amenities and a dearth of good restaurants. Frattini's then stands out because it's comparatively good - not because it's internationally good. Service was slow but friendly and we felt welcome and unhurried, and the pizza, pasta and deserts we had were freshly cooked and fairly tasty (but not scrumptious).

If you're in the area and you fancy Italian then, I can recommend it provided you're prepared to adjust your expectations to local Brunei standards. Just smile and go with the flow.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt like home”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

As an English person away from home I was missing home delights! Used to eating pasta frequently my family and I tried to find a nice local Italian. This place was lovely! I had pizza and it was delicious! Just what I needed to satisfy my craving for some food I knew!! Staff were polite and couldn't do anymore to help you. Prices are much the same as costs would be in a restaurant in the UK. Would go back again!

• Visited April 2013
Mesquite, Nevada
“Supposed to be Italian but nothing related to it”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The pasta is nothing compared to those served in fast food chains and the pricing for a plate of pasta is just too expensive. I have expected a better Italian cuisine with the nice decor but turned out terribly disappointed. Once is just enough!

Visited December 2012