“Closed for renovation”

US$74.52*
and up
Full Day City and Water Village Tour with Lunch in Brunei
More attraction details
Owner description: The Brunei Museum was established in 1965, with its first administrative office at the Civic Centre in Bandar Brunei, now known as Bandar Seri Begawan. Given approval for a building of its own, a location was selected for the museum, on a historical site, at Kota Batu about 5km from Bandar Seri Begawan. The construction of the building commenced in 1968 and was completed in 1970. It was officially opened on February 29, 1972 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom.
Wollongong, Australia
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Closed for renovation”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was looking forward to going there but was closed for renovation. Perhaps it would be worth a visit when it reopens.

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
Hong Kong, China
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Hotel didn't told me it's closed too.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I don't know how to rate this location, because it's closed. See my photo. My hotel (Brunei Hotel) offered me a map nearby. It shown me the location of Brunei Museum, however they didn't told me, the museum is closed. See my photo

Visited April 2014
1 Thank PhilipBALL
Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“BRUNEI DARUSSALAM A MUST PLACE TO VISIT”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We went to Brunei Darussalam last February 2014. We were so amazed by all the places we went to. One of the best things in Brunei is that all their museums are free no entrance charge. They are so clean and staffs are so polite and friendly. They are very law abiding citizens. High regards/respect to their laws. Streets and almost all their areas are clean. You will be amazed to experience the friendliness, honesty and obedience of people in Brunei. A MUST place to visit.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Proudpinoy_13
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It is Closed”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It have notice paper on the door that close for renovate.Wasting our time that they should PR to tourist at the main hotel / airport.

Visited March 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Closed until further notice”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I don't know how to rate this place.

It was full of disappointment.

Such a big museum, they can't convey the message that they are closed.

Went there on yesterday 7th March 2014.

I reached at the main entrance, seems normal. I went to car park to park the car. No security guard on duty but the gate left opened. After parking I walk to the entrance.

Guess what?? A small A4 paper on the door "WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE"

Visited March 2014