“Excellent fun”

US$175.00*
and up
Full Brunei Experience - City Excursion - Water Village and Mangrove Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: We are currently the only location in the town centre providing comprehensive tourist information services - free unbiased travel advice, maps, info booklets, brochures, and more. Where desired, we also cater for tours and travel services. We specialise in rainforest tours based from our very own Sumbiling Eco Village in the Temburong District, as well as numerous other culture, history and general interest tours in and around Brunei. We are also appointed distributors of bus tickets for Kota Kinabalu and Miri in East Malaysia. We also handle full arrangements for those who prefer the peace of mind, including hotel bookings, transfers and activities.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had a lot of fun on this day trip with Borneo Guide. Since injuring my leg a week ago I wasn't really sure I'd make the climb to the forest canopy but I was allowed to take my time and managed it with no problem. I really enjoyed the long boat through the rapids thanks to a very talented skipper. All the staff were really friendly and informative and have a passion for this truly unique corner of the world. The only thing I would mention is the canopy walk is not for those with a fear of heights especially as the structure has a bit of movement to it. Regardless you could still hike through the jungle and enjoy the wildlife.

1  Thank 292fiona292

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The trip was well organised and everyone so friendly. Temburong is an amazing place and thoroughly enjoyed our 'jungle' experience. The canopy walk was amazing and recommend this - if you are not afraid of heights.The hammocks by the river were peaceful and comfy, allowing time to soak up the surroundings. Would definitely travel with Borneo Guide again.

1  Thank Deb5791
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in Brunei for four nights on the way from Australia to the UK.

We used Borneo guide for all our excursions and would recommend them and recommend travellers to stop over for a couple days.

The people are all incredibly friendly, and helpful, and nearly everyone can speak a bit of English.

Through Borneo Guide we did a few tours....
Sumbling Eco village (very, very rustic) with the Night forest walk (amazing) and the long boat up to the forest canopy walk was a joy. Even though it was monsoon season and it rained constantly, we still enjoyed our time at Sumbling immensely.

In Bandar Seri Bagawan (Capital City) we did an all day tour of the water village, having lunch there. We visited two of the most Oppulent mosques, and the night market for food.
We also did a mangrove tour and saw proboscis monkeys, water lizards and a baby crocodile.

But, what made the expeirence enjoyable and memorable were our two guides, Nazri and Qeelah. They were jovial, fun and very knowledgable. Full of stories, facts and information about everything around us.

We learnt so much, and had a fun time doing it. Nazri and Qeelah made sure we left Brunei with a great memories of a lovely holiday.

Brunei is such a small country, that stopping over for a few days means you can see so much of it. Use Borneo Guide to help make your stay there full of excursions and to see the best on offer.

3  Thank the_saffa22
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've had three wonderful experiences organised by this group. Temburong is a beautiful place and the local guides that took us around knew the area very well. I always opt for the extra bamboo chicken that they offer for lunch. They literally cook the chicken inside a bamboo stick! Definitely worth the extra. We also went river tubing, a very relaxing activity where we float down the river on a tube. The canopy walk is also a must go, sometimes if you're lucky you can spot a hornbill! I'd definitely recommend staying for at least a night, the food and the ambience is amazingly relaxing. We even request for a bonfire to roast marshmallows. All in all, I always look forward to the next time I can go back!

1  Thank oneadventureatatime
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Having stopped over in Brunei for two nights on my way down to Australia, I chose these guys to see the famous Kampong Ayer water village with, as well as taking a boat into the mangroves in search of the elusive proboscis monkey. Our local guide, Nazri, was very friendly and knowledgeable and really did take excellent care of us. The water village is fantastic and we even got to see a proboscis monkey up close! All in all, a great way to spend an afternoon and I have no hesitation recommending these guys to others.

2  Thank geoffsbutler