“Nice but pricey”

Cuisines: Chinese
Bonn, Germany
“Nice but pricey”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Certainly a nice place to have tasty chinese food in Brunei. Especially I like to come here whenever Iam in the country to have the honey garlic chicken and the thai style chicken.. nyyyaaammi! really good food, unfortunately a bit over price.

• Visited October 2012

Bandar Seri Begawan
“They improved a lot and definitely earned its Fine-Dining category”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I brought my family for dimsum (a la carte) breakfast during the first day of this Chinese New Year. It was an enjoyable breakfast though there was an inconsistent information when questions were asked.

For an example, my dad inquired one of their crew whether either one of us on the same table, could opt for Buffet Dimsum while the rest on a la carte menu. She answered with yes and assured us that there is no problem. We did not believe as it was not business logic and we were given different answer last year. To confirm it, we again inquired the other crew and asked him to verify with his captain. It turned out the answer was no and they sincerely apology for their earlier mistake.

Other than this small hiccup, I could feel the service has improve dramatically since my last dine-in - last year Chinese New Year as well. The crew are more friendly, attentive and most importantly, with smiles. Also, this time our ordered Dimsum had arrived just in time, compare to last year when we needed to wait almost 30minutes for each order. Also, it was good to see Chinese Captain/crew during our dine-in. It definitely help bring up the dine-in atmosphere.

On the same day, we returned to Emperor Court for our dinner. We opt for Chinese New Year set dinner with about 8 dishes. The food was amazing and the Chinese Female Captain was attentive to make a small chi-chat during our dine-in to review our feedback.

Lastly, we felt much more amazed with Captain's professionalism. The Captain was very kind to replace our takeaway when the part-time crew mistakenly hear wrong and threw away the left-over dishes.

Though I had see many improvement in this restaurant, I felt that the restaurant could still do more to establish itself as a fine-dining restaurant. There are still a few small, yet important details that the restaurant has overlook such as the reception (front) counter.

Last but not least, the restaurant serve amazing halal chinese food.

• Visited January 2012