The service provided by everyone at this hotel - from reception through restaurants down to F&B and event managers - warm and attentive yet unobtrusive - is what service in Southeast Asia used to be before the 1997-1998 Asian Crisis ushered in a wave of cost-cutting, downsizing, retrenchments and general reliance on underpaid migrant workers. It's good to see the Brunei Radisson still believes in hiring pleasant and efficient staff and training them well.
Room interiors are undergoing a major upgrade - for the record, during my five nights at the hotel, I did not encounter any noise, dust or other inconvenience related to the renovation. The 'old' rooms are of the typical 'cabin crew' variety, i.e. quite basic but clean and comfortable.
The hotel's location is great if you want to explore downtown Brunei, such as there is, on foot. Btw it would be madness to work out in the hotel gym, considering there are scenic hills and recreation parks literally right behind and/or round the corner from the hotel. (The hotel does provide a nifty little leaflet to every guest, suggesting jogging tracks etc.)
Overall, not exactly luxurious but pleasant nonetheless, and worth recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 142 guestrooms and suites feature a refreshing new look and come equipped with FREE Wi-Fi, work desk, 40" LED TV with a VGA cable for laptop connectivity, universal power sockets, cordless speaker phones, DVD player, I-Pod/Pad Dock, energy-saving LED lighting throughout, digitally controlled Air Conditioning, digital safe, iron/ironing board, minibar, tea/coffee facilities. In the newly designed bathrooms, rain and hand-held shower, digital scales, hairdryer, LED shaving mirror, bathrobes and luxurious "Rituals" amenities. Coffee-Pod Espresso machines are also available in all Business Class rooms and Suites. Discover a level of comfort not found at other Bandar Seri Begawan hotels on our Radisson Business Class Floor, complete with top-floor views and access to the private Business Class Lounge. Enjoy the 24 hour gym, swimming pool, children's pool, Spa and direct access to the spectacular Tasek Lama recreational park directly behind the hotel with kilometers of walking and trail running tracks that wind there way through the beautiful Borneo Jungle. Stay and experience our other famous Radisson services such as: * 6pm check out * Express, Early and Online check-in * Healthy Options in our restaurants * 3 hour Express Laundry * Newly introduced I-Concierge App Take advantage of our Club Carlson Loyalty program ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Utama
- Sheraton Bandar Seri Begawan
- Bandar Seri Begawan Sheraton