“Best hotel in Bandar”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best hotel in Bandar”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I have stayed here several times over the past few months and everything is perfect - excellent food, lovely little pool, clean and extremely comfortable room - but what really makes it for me is the attitude of the staff. Everyone is friendly, courteous, professional and attentive but not obtrusively so.
Other hotel staff should take lessons from the Radisson in Brunei - this is how a hotel should be run.
Looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but well worth paying a bit extra for the business class rooms on the top fl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear larkie57,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent visits with us, your feedback is very important to us and very much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that your recent stays with us have all been enjoyable, I am especially pleased to read that it was the service provided by our great staff that made your stays that much more enjoyable, I will certainly pass on your kind words to them.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Hotel Brunei team, we all look forward to welcoming you back.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was there for 2 nights. Great room, nice food and shuttle service.
Perfect to come by and hopefully see the mosque (with less rain than during my stay)
The food in the buffet restaurant was very ncie too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear dontplayahate,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am always pleased to receive guest feedback and very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of the team, we all look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stays at Radisson on 18th June for overnight business trip in Brunei. This was my 2nd times staying at Radisson. Specious, clean and conveniently situated at the city centre of Bandar Seri Bagawan. A short walking distance to most of interesting places in Brunei such as the famous Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, Kampung Ayer or Water Village and the Royal Regalia Building.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Mohd Fuad A,
Thank you for your review about your stay with us in June, your feedback is always appreciated. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Brunei.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Radisson weekly over a period of 5 months and have also stayed at the Empire hotel. The Radisson is way better than Empire hands down for business travellers. Service is one of the best I have ever experienced in my years as a management consultant. They really try to accommodate your needs and special requests to make your stay comfortable.

Pros
- Great location with convenient food options just a short walk away e.g. Kaizen on the waterfront
- Really helpful and friendly management and staff. I had a tub of peanut butter that I brought on my own and they kept it safe for me in the cafeteria and always brought it out for me every morning when I arrived without me asking! Once they even provided us with a spare fridge on loan when we really needed one!
- Newly refurbished rooms. I've stayed in both their old rooms and new rooms and the new Business Class ones are trendy and well worth it!
- Outdoor running options are great. There is a steep hill right next to the Radisson which leads up to an off-road running trail that leads to the reservoir and even back down to the waterfall at Tasek Park

Cons
- Gym could be better furnished with heavier free weights

Room Tip: Get the business class rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Han N,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your time spent at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am always delighted to read that you found our newly renovated rooms enjoyable and pleasant to stay in and particularly pleased to read that our great team of staff delivered exceptional service throughout your stays, I will certainly pass on your kind words.

In regards to heavier weights in the gym, I will review this further to see how and when they can be incorporated into our existing set up of free weights.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei team, thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed over night in transit to Melbourne from London and it was an extremely pleasant stay. The staff are the hotels biggest asset I think, lovely and attentive. It is very handy to the tourist sights and my bed was the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel and it was quiet so I actually got a good nights sleep. i would definately recommend this hotel and will stay again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stacey D
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Stacey D,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, I am especially pleased to read that your experience was made that much more enjoyable by the service provided by our great team, I will certainly share your great feedback with them.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I would say there is nothing special with the hotel, the food is ok, the rooms are ok, the facilities are ok. The only significant change over the past two years are the new toiletries which deserve some mention because of the different scents, very whimsical.

I believe the hotel caters almost exclusively to business travelers, and Brunei itself is a sleepy town/country; but they could always do something different that guests can remember. I will wait for that to happen.

• Stayed May 2014
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear ermscram,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us, your feedback is very important to us and greatly appreciated.

I am disappointed to read that our newly renovated rooms and food and beverage did not meet your expectations, if convenient I would very much appreciate some further feedback so that I look into this further, at your convenience could you please email me at pferan@radisson.com, as I take all feedback very seriously it is important that I have some specific details that I can discuss with the team, thank you.

adelaide
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Radisson name is synonymous with quality and this hotel is no exception. Well appointed and large rooms with comfortable bedding , this hotel is hard to fault . Excellent location for getting to what Brunei has to offer. If I could find fault, the service for food and drink when we were outside by the pool was a little slow - great pool area - but that would be one negative in a lot of positives. The staff were helpful and friendly - quick efficient check in and out and the front doorman were great for info and advice. Breakfast buffet was very good with an abundance of choice - we also tried the dinner buffet one night - same quality and choice. Wi-Fi was good all around the hotel. We would not hesitate to use this hotel again if visiting Brunei again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ozclive,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Please accept my apologies for the slow service that you experienced at our pool, we pride ourselves on our fast and friendly service so I was disappointed to read that we did not deliver this during your stay, I have since addressed this to ensure it will no longer be an issue.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Brunei.

Best regards,
#7 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
#5 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!