“Very central location”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Bunbury, Australia
“Very central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is located right adjacent to the city centre and only a short walk from the riverside
Even though we were there during ramadan they still catered for westerners and meals during the day, even though most restaurants are closed during the day (except for takeaway food)
Rooms in the hotel were well sized and clean and staff were very friendly and helpful
Tourist numbers were very low in Brunei and it is not really promoted as a tourist destination. There is not a lot to see in the city so a few days is more than enough
We came via Singapore for a few days stay and just used Singapore dollars our whole stay as the exchange rates are locked the same and are accepted everywhere

Worth a short visit but not an extended stay

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear rwe003,
Thank you very much for your excellent review about your recent stay with us, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and you enjoyed our facilities and services.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brunei.

Best regards,
pferan@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is a little tired and the pool area isn't at all inviting. But the staff are wonderful and the food very good. You can walk to the mosque, museums, shopping centre and the quayside for boats to Kampong Ayer. There's also a great jungle park trail nearby. THE place to stay these days is the Empire Hotel but its in the middle of nowhere and we preferred to stay in Bandar. The call to prayer from the mosque in the evening was very special. Do be careful, if you are female, to dress modestly out of respect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jan B,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have noted your comments on the pool area and are happy to advise that the pool area will be undergoing some great new changes in the coming few weeks which will include newly redesigned furniture for both dining and relaxing, I am sure you will enjoy the great new look when you next return.

On behalf of the Radisson Team, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Good City Location. Spacious rooms with space for office work. Sometimes the problem with WI-FI connection. Very good breakfast. Delicious Lamb barbecue dinner. Car Parking directly by the Hotel. A small problem with the bill at check-out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear MartinCZPRG,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I can confirm that the issue with the Wi-Fi has since been rectified, my apologies for any inconvenience caused, I completely understand the importance of a stable internet connection when travelling. In regards to the billing issue, please ensure to let me know if there is anything outstanding that I can have rectified, my apologies again for any inconvenience.

Thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam.

Best regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I have stayed here several times over the past few months and everything is perfect - excellent food, lovely little pool, clean and extremely comfortable room - but what really makes it for me is the attitude of the staff. Everyone is friendly, courteous, professional and attentive but not obtrusively so.
Other hotel staff should take lessons from the Radisson in Brunei - this is how a hotel should be run.
Looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but well worth paying a bit extra for the business class rooms on the top fl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear larkie57,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent visits with us, your feedback is very important to us and very much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that your recent stays with us have all been enjoyable, I am especially pleased to read that it was the service provided by our great staff that made your stays that much more enjoyable, I will certainly pass on your kind words to them.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Hotel Brunei team, we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was there for 2 nights. Great room, nice food and shuttle service.
Perfect to come by and hopefully see the mosque (with less rain than during my stay)
The food in the buffet restaurant was very ncie too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear dontplayahate,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am always pleased to receive guest feedback and very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of the team, we all look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stays at Radisson on 18th June for overnight business trip in Brunei. This was my 2nd times staying at Radisson. Specious, clean and conveniently situated at the city centre of Bandar Seri Bagawan. A short walking distance to most of interesting places in Brunei such as the famous Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, Kampung Ayer or Water Village and the Royal Regalia Building.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Mohd Fuad A,
Thank you for your review about your stay with us in June, your feedback is always appreciated. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Brunei.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Radisson weekly over a period of 5 months and have also stayed at the Empire hotel. The Radisson is way better than Empire hands down for business travellers. Service is one of the best I have ever experienced in my years as a management consultant. They really try to accommodate your needs and special requests to make your stay comfortable.

Pros
- Great location with convenient food options just a short walk away e.g. Kaizen on the waterfront
- Really helpful and friendly management and staff. I had a tub of peanut butter that I brought on my own and they kept it safe for me in the cafeteria and always brought it out for me every morning when I arrived without me asking! Once they even provided us with a spare fridge on loan when we really needed one!
- Newly refurbished rooms. I've stayed in both their old rooms and new rooms and the new Business Class ones are trendy and well worth it!
- Outdoor running options are great. There is a steep hill right next to the Radisson which leads up to an off-road running trail that leads to the reservoir and even back down to the waterfall at Tasek Park

Cons
- Gym could be better furnished with heavier free weights

Room Tip: Get the business class rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
PeteFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Han N,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your time spent at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am always delighted to read that you found our newly renovated rooms enjoyable and pleasant to stay in and particularly pleased to read that our great team of staff delivered exceptional service throughout your stays, I will certainly pass on your kind words.

In regards to heavier weights in the gym, I will review this further to see how and when they can be incorporated into our existing set up of free weights.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei team, thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Rizqun International Hotel
Rizqun International Hotel
#7 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!