“THE CENTRE POINT HOTEL”

The Centrepoint Hotel
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 nite and found it to be average with no serious complaints.It was located in the middle of the shopping areas restaurants,and local market which was wonderful.The breakfast and dinner buffets were excellent.All in all I don't mind recommending it for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SUNILDASWANEY

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms we had felt old and unmaintained.
Had to pay $40 a day for WiFi?? Pretty outrages when most decent hotels give it for free.
Most staffs in general weren't courteous except the cheerful burly manager at the front desk.

My grandma and aunt was given a two single bed room with just a bathtub and she couldn't climb into it. We requested for a room that had a shower. We were told they don't have such rooms; when clearly the room I was given had one. We told them I was in a queen size bed room with shower. They then decided to give a similar room - not honest and accommodating.

Also to mention we had our wedding dinner there, food was delicious and hall looked cozy but can't say anything nice about the complimentary penthouse (ok fair enough it was huge). The penthouse reeked of smoke, the WC flush wasn't working and looks what to be mold was in the shower. Not impressed. Just have your wedding dinner there; don't stay there.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jon_Yee
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I arrived in Brunei and caught a taxi straight here. We were very warmly greeted and our bags were taken as soon as we got them from the car. Check-in was fast and we were escorted to our room not having to carry a thing. We stayed in the lead-in room which I found to be quite nice. Tastefully decorated, twin room with an alcove for tea and coffee, a good desk and a tv. There was definitely enough space for the two of us. Bathroom was comfortable, a little bit old. The curtains blocked out every single bit of light! Waking up in the morning I thought was the middle of the night.
Buffet breakfast was different both mornings with very delicious food and very friendly staff.
Great location in Gadong. 5 minute walk to the night market, 2 minute walk to the mall, several options for restaurants. If you want to mix with locals then here is good!
Hotel reception were very informative and gave great recommendations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Torryn L
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This first time visit to Brunei invitation from Brunei Tourism Board, The room is big and clean
You can get easy access for food around the hotel and shopping mall. The aircond is bit cool
and the tempeture control cannot be use. Prayer mate was not provided at this room. This hotel is
very near to Airport. It take 10 to 15 minute to transfer from the airport. Breakfast was serve in 2nd floor by Royal Brunei Catering. Ground Floor the have chinense restaurant that serve local
chinese dishess and the best part is NO SHARK FIN soup is serve. This hotel no entertiment at all as brunei has very little entertaiment place. You can walk across from the hotel and have foodcourt that serve local dishess at descent price. I would recommended this hotel for first time traveler. This hotel is not a brand new but is very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ahmatnajah
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Hotel is in a very good location. Surrounded with good food, mall and cinema very nearby. If you like green colour, you would love this hotel. Light green shades, dark green curtain,dirty green and red stripes carpet, green arm chair, green leg rest, green bath tub, green see through glass shower screen, dark green toilet tiles, green basin and green toilet bowl. This particular room gives me the creeps, felt like something was in the room with me. I change room the next day. The Hotel is 18 years old afterall.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Andypkf
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights as we were leaving Brunei. The hotel is dark, tired, musty and has an unkempt feel. The staff seemed overtaxed with their duties and didn't seem focused on maximising my happiness. It took a lot to sort my booking out when it was wrong despite an associate personally visiting to make sure we had 3 adjacent rooms (I have 5 children). The wifi was super expensive and the traffic noise at night (past midnight) is considerable. Despite having tokens for all meals after one anaemic breakfast in the Seasons restaurant we ate out the rest of the time.
Although it is well situated in Gadong this was a very disappointing stay. I know there are several hotels locally for a similar price much better provided for.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I came with my wife and children (aged 2 & 3). We were staying in the city centre previously but we enjoyed the hotel (Gadong) area more. There was a big shopping centre beside the hotel, it has eveything from good food (all the way to a movie theatre. There was also an indoor playgrond for the kids on the 2nd floor of the mall. Just below the hotel on the 1st floor there is also a departmental store. The hotel is also a walking distance to the night market (Pasar Gadong). Very good food there but nothing much in terms of souveirs or clothes. The negatives of the hotel though: 1) No free Wifi in the room. Wanted to charge me $6 per hour which was ridiculous. I went to the coffee bean below instead to enjoy my coffee while surfing. 2) Even though it is very near to the airport, when I ask for help to arrange airport transfer I was charged $25 (paid to the taxi driver). The hotel could have done more. (Arrange for free transfer or cheaper transport).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family