“Good location but you can find other hotels with lower price.”

Dara Reang Sey Hotel Phnom Penh
Ranked #168 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here alone for just one night. I felt safe and quite comfortable. It's also in a nice location in the central of Phnom Penh. It's convenient to access to the main sight seeing spots. However, the facilities are quite old and very basic. I paid $27 per night but you can find other hotels for the same price with better rooms and breakfast in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Dara Reang Sey Hotel Phnom Penh

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a room with two beds with my girlfriend for 20 usd per night. Location is convenient and local area is reasonably safe. The restaurant is not that good for the price but worth it just for having breakfast. Staff are friendly but basic.. I wouldn't expect more from them considering the price of the hotel. Room was clean, yes decor is old but again it's not a 5star hotel. Bathroom had hot water with a machine. Toilet works like a charm... Staff took care of our rental motorbike overnight free of charge. All in all I would say it's a good hotel for what your paying for and I would go again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Hotel looks like it is worn down. Noticed a few steps on the stairs that were broken. The 70s deco does not bother me, but it just needs more maintenance and care.
The room was spacious. We were three adults in tripple room. The room had 2 windows, fridge and aircon. The Bathroom does not have a shower curtain so it gets very wet on the floor. Take care not to slip.
The room was cleaned every day and the towels were changed every day. However it had the straingest smell that was lingerring all the time. İ even could not sleep and put a towel on my pillow since even the pillow was smelling the same. Think of latex gloves and after cleaning when you take them off your hands smell like that. Or think of a baloon that explodes right next to your face that is the latex smell. Only after 2 days with aircon on all the time the smell got better and did not bother anymore.
Our room was facing the street and it was really noisy. There is no sound isolation in the building. Please take your earplugs.
The restaurant downstairs has decent food and prices. The breakfast is $4.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are really noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KristeTravel
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ms Dara & her staff made my stay comfortable as usual, and I enjoyed my usual cold afternoon beer and breakfast of iced coffee and noodle soup at their restaurant. I have been visiting Phnom Penh for many years now and always stay at Dara Reang Sey when my friends & I are in town. (This trip I traveled solo, however)

Room Tip: They have budget rooms above the restaurant (not so nice, IMO) and very nice rooms in their new buil...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here for one night as I'd mucked up a booking at my usual guesthouse. Rooms are nice, clean and there was a really cool terrace where you have great views of the streets below. The location is also spot on. The staff were not so helpful or friendly though. Acted as if I was putting them out when I asked a few questions even when they were not busy, just sat there. I was charged $15 per room per night which is about the usual for Phnom Penh guesthouses and decent rooms. Its a good deal. Tip of the day, avoid the restaurant below, it's not cheap for what you get, the coffee is awful and the service was even worse. Oops!

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant below!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Its been some time since I stayed at this hotel but when I came across it by chance on expedia I felt obliged to spill the beans on this establishment.
As many of you know there are many working girls in PP who come from very poor backgrounds and through no fault of their own have no other viable choice in how they make a living. Many of these girls are supporting their families in the country side and paying for their younger siblings education. The owner of this hotel basically mugs these girls when they leave her hotel after they have been with a customer. I kid you not. It is a known fact among the riverside bars. The fact that an affluent business woman can prey like this on the dispocessed I find disgusting. Her family have high level links with the police so she knows she is untouchable. PLEASE DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank justin317
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Old very basic hotel. Looked at 3 rooms, before choosing best of a very mediocre lot. Had reserved so felt committed.No elevator although staff was helpful.For $30, I think you could do a lot better. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#15 of 26 in Battambang
Phnom Penh Le Vincent Hotel
Phnom Penh Le Vincent Hotel
#117 of 272 in Phnom Penh

Been to Dara Reang Sey Hotel Phnom Penh? Share your experiences!