“Good service, average rooms, but overpriced”
Review of Welcome Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Welcome Inn
Ranked #97 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Good service, average rooms, but overpriced”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Velkommen Inn is well staffed with friendly and helpful locals. The food isn't half-bad, and the drinks were great.

However, considering the room rates, Velkommen is not worth paying that much for. You'll be better off at one of the equally clean (and cheaper) hotels along the prime area at Sisowath Quay.

Only recommended if you like nightlife. Velkommen is in the middle of St. 104, aka Pub Street.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights and can only say that I was really well looked after. Great & well furnished comfortable room. Very good food at reasonable price. Location, just a few minutes to Tone Sap River. Walking distance to many other bars etc. What really impressed me was the friendly staff there. 5 girls always smiling and chatty. Edvin the owner great for information and adviice. I will return again soon I hope.
Highly Recommended Conor Gilligan

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Conor G
San Antonio
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Stayed for 3 nights in October and enjoyed our time there. It was clean and comfortable and Edvin and his staff were very helpful. We made our bus reservations for Ho Chi Minh city based on his advice (Mekong Express) and everything was as advertised. One night they even had a blues band in the bar and it was great fun. If you enjoy your sleep, this may not be the place for you, but why come to PP to sleep?

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Cambodia
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I found Edvin a pleasant Man. However as with Foreign owned places there was too much talk about making money and all that. I can understand his position but as a tourist it's the last thing I want to chat about. Rooms’ great, location appalling as it's in "hooker Bar Street"

Forget sleep here

The staff is good but also the pressure on drinking and eating there can get a bit tiring.

Safe Inn, good luck with the future.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Rosewood, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My husband & I (late 40s) stayed here for 4 nights this month, after reading reviews on TA. The booking process was easy and Edvin replied promptly with any questions etc. We were met at the airport by his driver and Edvin was waiting for us out the front and escorted us straight to our room. The rooms are spacious and clean and we had a balcony over looking the street so were able to smoke at leisure. Edvin is friendly and his wife and the girls working for him are extremely helpful and friendly and make excellent waitresses. Edvin was happy to help with any advice/suggestions on what to see and do. We just have a few things that we werent happy with 1) no hand towels or bath mat in the bathroom and the 2 bath towels we did have were thread bare 2) the mattress on the bed is old and uncomfortable. 3) I was questioned as to why I wanted another pillow when I asked for one ( I dont believe I should have to explain myself when I request a 2nd pillow). Yes they are only minor things but make a difference. The most disturbing element was when Edvin harped at us about the cost of electricity and how the air conditioner uses a lot of power and suggested we use the fan. Sorry, but we paid for an air conditioned room (more expensive than others I had read about) and were not going to skimp on our comfort because of the cost of electricity. Also - it advertises free WiFi and yet when I asked Edvin for the password, he typed it in for me so I couldn't log on whenever I wanted. Other than those things, we did enjoy our stay there and would recommend this hotel for any age group (maybe not old or disabled).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth C
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Velkomenn in is a small hotel with only 5 or 6 rooms, which gives the place a very personal touch. All the staff are friendly and welcoming, always with a smile and a joke short at hand, and the owner (Edvin from Norway) spends a lot of time talking with the customers, making sure everything is fine. He is very helpful with providing information and organising transportation etc, etc..

Its located on street 104, downtown, very close to both the bus station and ferry dock. Its also walking distance to the restaurants and markets along the river side, which is a nice and relatively safe place in Phnom Penh. Very convenient in the evenings, where you can walk around and save yourself the hassle of bargaining with the tuk tuks to take you back to the hotel.

Rooms are very reasonably prices (from USD 20 for the cheapest one). The room has safety box, minibar, Cable TV, aircon, large bathroom, and wifi is available. Well kept and very clean.

Its a cozy restaurant and bar downstairs (joined with the reception) - popular for expatriates in Phnom Penh.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sreytin
Kazkhstan for Work
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I stayed here for two nights in September. All the good things you read about this place are true. The rooms are clean and the food is really good (try the fish).

I’m posting here to comment on the quality of assistance I received after I had already departed Phnom Penh for BKK.

After staying for two nights, I went to the beach but before I left I reserved a room with Edvin upon my return 10 days later (I did promise him that if I decided to stay longer, I would contact him and cancel my reservation. Well, I stayed longer than expected and did not cancel my reservation as I promised (Bad Tourist).

I arrived back there on the day of my flight out of Phnom Penh. I apologized and in an attempt to make up for it, had lunch there and requested his assistance with a taxi for the airport later that afternoon. I’ve been traveling in and around Cambodia for the last ten years. In most cases, I go out on the street and hire my own taxi or tuk-tuk for the airport. But this time, I let his staff arrange for a taxi for me.

As the taxi arrived and I got in, I was talking on my cell phone. Once I got my boarding pass and started through security, I couldn’t find my phone. Once I got to BKK, I emailed Edvin. He informed me that the taxi driver found my phone on the floor of his taxi and returned it to him. After some time to sort out the details I’ve been re-united with my phone.

Sorry for the long post. In short I want to apologize to him in public for not cancelling my reservation and thank him in the same manner for taking the time ship my cell phone to me.

3 recommendations:

1. Keep your promises. Hotel owners aren’t the only ones who can establish a bad reputation.
2. Remember that if you take a taxi off the street and you forget something, it’s gone forever.
3. Edvin runs a great place with a great staff. Stay there and post your comments here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo