“Do not stay here!”

Ranked #145 of 264 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A large number of volunteers from my organization used to stay here. Needless to say, we stopped . I don't expect the Ritz or to have fliet mignon waiting at my door but I do expect the prices to be consistent and the room not to have used (mens protection items) all over the floor.

Myself and a large number of my friends have given this hotel 5,6, and 7 chances but I would highly recommend that you DO NOT stay here. The only thing good about this hotel is the restaurant across the street which is a good place to hang out with friends. The prices are always different and the rooms have always been dirty (in my experience). I have been here almost 3 years and this is literally the only guest house I have stayed in that I would not recommend under any condition.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pcsean9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philippines
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked via Agoda and presented the e-voucher to them, but they refused me. They said I need to give them the voucher (so whatever that means), I printed the voucher and gave it to them but they stil refused me, with the excuse that the AGoda did not send it yet to their email. The owner insisted if I want to check in, I should pay in cash, but why should I pay again if I already paid via Agoda? The worst part is that they don't explain it it nice manner, they just want to extract more cash from you by bullying you.
On top of it, the manager/owner is very rude and clearly incapable of handling such a simple matter and can't settle for solution. The receptionists are very incompetent and will just leave you hanging if you ask them what's the next option for this.
So I left this guesthouse and looked for another one because I am tired and can't handle arguing with their pointless arguments.
Overall, this is just an over rated guesthouse in Agoda, in dodgy location and a horror ambiance with the most stupid and terrible staff I ever met in Cambodia. (I've been to a lot of guesthouses for the last three months whilst I am in Phnom Penh).
Don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank XianaMireia

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I'm and American business guy staying with my buddy who is a Singaporean business guy. We are in PP for business. We are paying $18 for the standard room. We booked on agoda. Verbally agreed to stay another 4 days at same price with no Agoda booking. Next day they booked the rooms to a group of 20, and said we needed to upgrade to a VIP room for $25. We are reasonable guys and expect this stuff in Cambodia agreed to move rooms for a night and pay the $25 and then move back to our old room for $18. A great hotel would have apologized, and given somebody in the 20 person group a free upgrade. Instead they made us move back and forth and it was just annoying. It was also obvious that they were just trying to get $7 more dollars from us per night. But that's just part of being a foreign person in Cambodia.

Even with this complaint, $18 for the room is a reasonable rate. If you look around, you can probably find a place that is $13 per night and the same quality. But we don't care that much about $5 a night so we are sticking with it.

I would recommend this place to a friend. And, I might stay again unless a local exapt can give a better recommendation at a better value.

Room Tip: Room 604 you can hear loud music starting around 10am. The entire hotel doesn't have very goo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Room 207 dirty when I checked in I called staff to clean barthrom it had mold around the hand basin,and on tiled wall, it had some one else's used soap and toothpaste the room walls in bed room are dirty so thay just wiped it down with no disinfectent duh, so I checked out and yes the restaurant across the road is horrible...over all I won't be back here

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank davidmal69
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Advertised as a new, clean hotel near to tourist attractions in Phnom Penh, this is as with the rest of Cambodia a complete con. The rooms are small, the staff are cold and unfriendly and the restaurant across the road is awful. The staff in the restaurant are so rude .. if you are on your own they just ignore you.

I think the problem is that the owner is a rich Khmer TV 'star' so the staff are used to kowtowing to local rich Khmers and couldn't care less about foreign tourists.

Also, the hotel is quite a long way from the Riverside etc.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Mondulkiri, Mondol Kiri, Cambodia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

this is one of the places you can find many in this area. the only advantage is that they have a lift. internet doesnt work in the 7th floor. i asked the receptionist 10times for the password and it didnt work. then he told me that it doesnt work in the 7th floor. i am wondering why they rise the roomrate now if the service isnt get better. they also dont mention this on there homepage. i staid many times there but the guy on the reception is incompetent. i booked the room a day before for friend and a day later he could not remember that it was me booking the rooms and paying a deposit for the rooms. i try,d before booking the rooms on the homepage but it doesnt work. so i called them and he told me to use another number. this guy gave me there email address and i wrote an email but no reply! so i called him again and he told me that they dont check there emails. i dont know what to think about this! It is more a work in place for one short time rooms as i figured out.
the rooms are ok even if the aircon is allways adjusted on 16Degree Celsius and tv on cartoon network. For me it means that this place is more frequented by locals for short times. the restaurant never had the food they offfered in the menue except a soup in the morning. so i walked next door to the asian spice pub as they have better food and dont play noisy music!
i wont stay there anymore as there are better places to stay in this area.
at least the room cleaner do there job!
sorry....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
phnompenh
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is the best hotel that I have experience in phnom penh. It located near special places, the room was clean and the new room that you recommend was great and the receptionist was nice. The restaurant was very good. They have good taste of food. And there is a lift is easy for a tourism like me. It rather cheap and good services.

• Stayed November 2012