Blue Lime
  • Room Service
Le Cyclo(Phnom Penh)
Blue Dolphin(Phnom Penh)
    1,722 results
    All reviewsprivate poolalley catnational museumroyal palacepassion fruit juicetuk tukgarden rooman oasistop floorthe rivermain poolsmall alleyday bedmosquito netside streetconstruction workceiling fan
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 8 September 2012

Next to all the great reviews I read about this hotel the thing that sold me on it was the unique use of concrete for furniture. At first this doesn't sound like a good idea but the cushions on the seat and the mattress on the bed were really good and I found that the concrete and the tile on the floors dry very quickly. This is great especially in the rainy season when you come in soaking wet. I also was told a few days after I left Phnom Phen that this is the hotel that locals recommend so that further bolstered my opinion of the place.

I loved the painted wall above my bed and the hand carved mirror. It gave the room character and were really good contrast to the concrete furniture. The bathroom was small but not cramped and it had an exhaust fan, something I find a lot of American hotels lack. At first I thought the water would never get warm but after about a minute of just letting it run it heated up nicely and stayed that way.

The pool area had a lot of lounges with curtains in case you wanted privacy. There were buildings on either side but the trees in the courtyard were a good buffer to keep the sound and any prying eyes out. The pool itself was really neat in that there was a lip that came up about a foot off the ground. The water came right up to the top so if it rained or someone was splashing about the water would run over and down a drain on the outside. A bar by the pool also offers a really good menu for breakfast and everything comes with a fruit tray and passion fruit juice. At first I had a hard time with the seeds but learned if you just swallow them whole it is a delicious drink.

I really enjoyed not only the room but the people there as well. They were all very prompt with requests and spoke outstanding English. I also found that the location of the hotel was a great spot for just about anything you could want. If you want to hire a tuk-tuk for the day, I recommend going with one of the drivers outside of the hotel as they seemed to be more honest then the ones I encountered elsewhere in the city. And just so you don't get ripped off, renting a tuk-tuk for the day shouldn't run you more than $30.

Room Tip: The room I had was off the lobby meaning I didn't have to carry my luggage up any stairs.
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
    4  Thank TaraF8
    Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Well, thank you tripadvisor.. You were right once again. What a beautiful hotel. Was abit concerned when we first got here.. The road on the way up looked like a construction site but once you enter the lobby and pool area.. Wow! The pool area is stunning!
    Then we got showed to our room with lovely clean sheets and amazing pool! Staff were super friendly and made our stay amazing. Breakfast was lovely too!
    If you need a tuk tuk driver we got one who was recommended on tripadvisor. His name is Lan and he has his own facebook page called lan's phnom penh sightseeing. He is so lovely and speaks/writes perfect english! He knows alot about the city and no journey is too small. His email is polan11sg@yahoo.com

• Stayed: September 2012
    Reviewed 5 September 2012

La première fois que nous sommes allés au Blue Lime, c'était en 2009. Nous sommes tombés sous le charme de ce charmant hotel au coeur de la ville de Phnom Penh, derrière le Musée National et le Palais Royal. A deux pas du tonlé Bassac (le fleuve).
    Les personnels respectueux, sont à notre écoute et serviables. Les chambres spacieuses et propres. La piscine et son jardin verdoyant sont très bien entrenus.
    Deuxième voyage, août 2012. Nous nous retrouvions avec un réel plaisir ce lieu que nous avions bien apprécié il y a trois ans. Presque le même staff. Presque rien n'a changé.
    Nous y retournerions toujours au Blue Lime. C'est notre endroit dorénavant quand nous viendrons sur Phnom Penh.

The first time when we went to Blue Lime, it was in 2009. We fell under the spell of this hotel charming at the heart of the city of Phnum Penh, behind the National Museum and the Palais Royal. Just a step from the tonlé Bassac ( the river).
    The respectful staffs, are for our listening and helpful. The spacious and appropriate, clean rooms. The swimming pool and its green garden are very well maintained.
    The second journey, in August, 2012. We found ourselves with a real pleasure this place which we had appreciated well three years ago. Almost the same staff. Almost nothing changed.
    We would always return to it to Blue Lime. It is our place from now on when we shall come on Phnum Penh.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 5 September 2012

I booked a Private Pool Room through Expadia and had arranged an Airport pickup directly with the hotel. The morning of our departure from Australia we were advised our flight from Saigon to Phnom Penh was delayed so I advised to Blue Lime of our new arrival time.

At Phnom Penh airport our arranged pickup was not there, so we caught a cab to the hotel. At the Blue Lime there was no reservation for us and the night reception set off and fetched a day receptionist. The day receptionist said that they never had a booking for us, luckily I had all the paperwork from Expedia confirming the pre paid booking. Some time later he admitted they had made the mistake but they had no rooms tonight, they could put us in a sister hotel tonight and then put us up in a Garden Room for the next two nights. I accepted the offer of the stay in the sister hotel but would not accept the cheaper room and requested we get put in the Private Pool Room we had paid for.
    It was now after midnight and two hours after arriving in Phnom Penh and things were not getting anywhere, so I suggested that we stay in the sister hotel tonight and then find our own accommadation for the next two nights and the Blue Lime give us a refund. Which they accepted.

We were finaly checking into the sister hotel at 00:30.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank bkotago
    thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Bkotabo,

I am very sorry you had such a poor experience at our hotel. I am trying to investigate who did this booking mistake in order to take action.

We indeed cannot afford to have unsatisfied guests putting up reviews like this. The efforts done by the rest of the reception team, the cleaners, the guards, the kitchen or the bar are ruined by the mistake of one person and the reputation of the entire hotel is affected.

It will take the team a lot of reviews to get back to our previous ranking and I will make sure every effort is made to achieve that.

I hope you will still consider staying in our hotel during your next trip to Phnom Penh and I will gladly offer you the first night.

I hope you still had a nice stay in Phnom Penh!

Cheers,

Alexis

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel and had a great time. Although it is in the middle of the chaotic centre of phnom penh, it was an oasis of tranquillity. Clean Rooms, friendly staff and good food. Laundry is a bit expensive though, but hey, if you are staying in this place, i dont think that matthers :-) If i could, i would definately come again to this place

Room Tip: The private pool room was great :-)
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple