“Blue Lime a favourite!”

Ranked #22 of 264 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Melbourne
“Blue Lime a favourite!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We love the Blue Lime, tucked away in a tiny street behind the Royal Palace and very close to everything. The staff are definitely some of the best we have come across in our travels and the food is delicious.
With a great swimming pool surrounded by palms and vegetation it's a bit like a tropical paradise hidden in the middle of a city and you could have a relaxing time and never go anywhere else if you chose to.
TukTuk drivers are available at the door, which has security 24/7.
Some rooms are bigger and better than others as reflected in the prices but great value overall.
We have stayed 7 or 8 times now and will definitely return.

3 Thank Phil M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in the Blue Lime for two nights- we had originally planned to stay for one but once we arrived we quickly decided to stay an extra night in order to enjoy this lovely hotel. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and shown to a gorgeous modern room with a private courtyard. Although the construction work was going on during our stay we still found the pool area relaxing- and quiet so there was always a free day bed, a welcome escape from the busy streets outside!

During our stay we found all the staff very friendly and helpful- including the tuk tuk drivers outside the reception. Similarly to the previous review, I realised after we had left that I was missing a gold ring. I emailed the hotel in case I had left it there and they kindly searched for it and found it. Grace the manager was so helpful and prompt in her communication with me- she posted it to my address in Ireland after consulting with me which would be my preferred method- post or courier. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough- its beautiful inside and the customer service is second to none.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ciara O
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed for four nights at the blue lime and so did our friends from the USA. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the food was better than any we ate in town and the breakfast was very good also.
There was construction work going on and so we were allowed to use the pool at the plantation hotel which we did on one occasion and had a great time , we had complimentary fruit from the management and were treated just like one of their guests.At The blue lime the rooms were nice and clean and I was particularly impressed with the security that they had at the entrance of the hotel as this made you feel safe.
The staff were brilliant,very knowledgeable and informative. I can not thank them enough as I forgot y wedding and engagement ring which I left in the room and only realised when I was half way to Siam Reap- of course I thought I would never see them again but I was wrong, the staff found them and sent them to my home address in England and they would not even let me pay for the postage. When I arrived home the rings were there and I was delighted, so thank you very much to Samphos and Dina with whom I dealt with.
I would recommend the Blue Lime for all the right reasons
Would defo recommend this hotel for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: Private garden room,quiet and spacious
1 Thank philiosfog
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is my fourth stay at Blue Lime, having stayed there in 2007, 2010 and 2011 previously. Unfortunately after rave reviews previously I was really disappointed.

I knew going there that there was construction work next door, and when I was there in 2011 there was construction work behind the hotel. Being out of the hotel most of the day, I knew it shouldnt be an issue.... Unfortunately it was an issue and so were many other things...

When we arrived, we were shown to a room on the ground floor with no windows and a double bed. We had booked twin beds but through the email correspondance I had failed to pick up when the hotel wrote back confirming a double bed after I asked to confirm twin bed... I asked if this could be fixed given it was technically their mistake and was given an option to upgrade for a small amount... Given it was their mistake I thought having to pay for the upgrade was not great customer service (and especially since this was my 4th visit!)

We were given the room 31 on the top floor which I have stayed in before and that was good.. apart from the following:

- Construction started at 6.30am every morning despite there being a readout in the room stating it started at 8 or 8.30 - cant remember the exact time but it was not 6.30am
- we were usually awake at sunrise regardless as there were pigeons IN the roof of our room. They were extremely loud and I remembered that this had been a problem in 2011 in the same room that I had not complained about. I mean at the end of the day, what were they going to do... but it is obviously an ongoing problem they need to sort out.

When we got down to the pool on day one there was a sign stating you could not lay on one side of the pool for safety purposes from the building next door. Fair enough but it was the only side that catches any sun.... There was an offer that you could go use the pool at their sister hotel so we decided the following day that we would head over there and use the pool and hopefully get some sun...

When we got to the sister hotel, they didn't seem too impressed we were there and offered us a shaded pool that clearly their guests dont use as it was full of leaves and stuff like it hadnt been cleaned. We asked if we could use their other pool and were told it was for in house guests only. We explained we were hoping to have lunch by the pool so they reluctantly let us go to the main pool. We had lunch first but were so uncomfortable with the staff being rude to us that we skipped the swim and left.

The following day we decided to have a day by the pool at Blue Lime only to discover the whole pool was now shut due to a chemical imbalance in the water. While this can't be helped it just helped add to an unpleasant stay at a place I had prevously raved about. My travel partner was wondering what I had been on about.

We ended up heading to another hotel and paying to use their pool for the day.

Breakfast was average compared to previous trips as well....

Pros:

- great location
- clean rooms
- rooms have everything you need
- when everything is 'right' with Blue Lime they do it well

Cons:

- all of the above
- price ( I think it is now overpriced for what you get)
- better places out there for the money

While I understand that most of what I have written is probably out of their control, I just think that all of it added together left me sorely disappointed after previous stays and I wouldn't go back next time

Room Tip: Don't take the top floor until the pigeon problem gets sorted (assuming that all rooms get the i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wanderlust_Tarrants
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest, Very sorry about the difficulties you encountered during your stay. The construction next door had stopped for a while and is close to be completed. They indeed troubled us a lot and sometimes we could not prevent them from starting early. The pigeons issue had been solved, I did not know they were back in. We will put back the wiring which they must have managed to tear off. Sorry again for this unpleasant experience, we are doing our best so it would not happen again. Cheers, Alexis (owner). PS All our rooms have windows.
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great location. Rooms are okay, but have everything you need and are clean. Pleasant and helpful staff. The place had a calming vibe when we walked in. The next day we heard a noise from the nearby construction but did not bother us at all as we are always out for tour. The swimming pool is very relaxing after a tiring day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked this hotel for an anniversary trip, and we had no regrets with our private pool room! From our arrival at the airport, cold towels and welcome drinks with cake on the side were so nice. Genuine friendliness of the staff, they were on hand to help and advise by showing us the map of Phnom penh. Being checked in the room we were delighted with the petals on the bed and lighted candles around the pool. The hotel is good location for navigating around the city. Thank you for our nice stay.

Room Tip: Pool room is a must for couples in romantic getaway
1 Thank MeyerLaura
Singapore
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel had a peaceful, calming vibe when we walked in. We booked a room with a pool and it was excellent - clean, quiet, nicely designed and yet with all the important practical details that tend to get missed out for a "hip minimalist look". Bed was a little hard but still large and comfortable. There is also construction on a multi-story building next door but it wasn't too noisy and it didn't bother us. Breakfast was okay - can be improved. Service was very good - reception staff helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Location was quiet but still close to shops and main tourist venues. Everything worked and it was a great start to our trip in Phnom Penh!

1 Thank NP78