“Dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, not for non smokers.”

NagaWorld Hotel & Entertainment Complex
Ranked #91 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Sydney, Australia
“Dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, not for non smokers.”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We booked this hotel after some nice photos on the internet and because of it's location. The location was great, however the hotel was the worst we had stayed in all our travels in SE Asia. We stayed in the under construction wing where we did not have direct lift access. The room was two levels away from nearest lift. The wing is NOT centrally air conditioned and the air conditioners in the room struggle to keep it cool. We were here in the local winter, i can only imagine what this room would be in summer.

We complained when we returned after lunch one day to find our room had not been made. 40 minutes later not one person had come to fix this. We called reception and all they said was they would get housekeeping to clean our room. Our view is obstructed by scaffolding.

The room has a queen double or larger bed with only one bed side. The carpet is dirty and the walls are mouldy especially around the air conditioner.

Overall, after one hour of complaints we got our room cleaned but nothing more. We would never come back to this hotel and hope others stay away. Cambodia has so much better to offer than a dirty old casino with filthy rooms.

SB

Room Tip: Ask for their good wing (thats what they called it to us). But we aware that this hotel allows peopl...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SBans_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
bangkok
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Undoubtedly one of the better hotels but compared with a year ago sighns of management slippage. Although the entree remains very well kept, the rooms and corridors became tacky. Dirty carpets, smole smells everywhere and black mold in bathrooms. Inparticular above the 5 feet rooms are clearly not kept clean. Wife keept coughing in this hotel. Now the breakfast is fine if you can find a plce to seat as at times the capacity is greatly exceeded. The one well priced buffet dinner priced itself with a 75% rise over one year out of the market. This is Cambodja, not Singapore. But you can realy take the buffet in peace as very few now are willing to pay what is basically the Mariot Bangkok price and thats much better. Internet , no WIFI besides the lobby. So if you thing that your IPAD will be okl, think twice and bring your labtop. Rather pushi staff (with grumpy expressions) in the lobby if you just sit there to lock on internet and access email, not ordering overpriced drinks. On drinks factor 10+ (more then 10 times shop prices)

The advise for management is, to look at the economy and wash the fods and beverage managers ears well as this way you will not get better progits, you end up with loads of onsold foods

Room Tip: Away fom the airconditionar ducting , re noise. I.e. the middle floors, lower numbers, front view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The rate given to our local office was very reasonable thus we were booked in this hotel.

Hotel does not have a non-smoking wing or floor. When I requested for the hotel for a non-smoking room, the staff was kind enough to deodorize the room by spraying the curtains, toilet, cabinet and the areas surrounding the bed with a deodorizer. It was ok until a smoker next door occuppied the room and the odor would seep through the toilet vent. I am glad that I always travel with my anti-allergy meds.

On the second night, while reading in my bed, I noticed a cockroach crawling in the headboard. Glad I was able to kill it.

There is also a constant hum of a generator outside the window. Its a good thing that I was too tired from work to have this noise keep me awake.

Tried the Italian restaurant on the first floor. The food is decent enough. I enjoyed the ravioli.

The gym is was already working during my stay. It had a couple of treadmills and other cardio equipment. There was a multi-station machine, a chin and dip bars, and dumbells - sufficient enough for a good workout. Location of gym is a bit hard to find considering it was in another wing. The staff had a difficult time explaining how to get there but they were helpful enough to accompany me to help me find it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Geelong
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I'm not sure why we booked this Hotel in the first place but I think it was partly because we we're in a rush and didn't look into it properly. Needless to say we are very disappointed. The smell of cigarette smoke would come through the vents and into our toilet and bathroom, room was average and well below the standard you would expect to see for that price.
People were rude and it didn't look like a hotel, I guess it's because it is a casino. My advise- if your a westerner DON'T stay here..........

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil B
Singapore
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It is a decent casino hotel catering mainly for gamblers. I was told by my guide that it is the biggest hotel in Phnom Penh with over 500 rooms. The room is big. TV with 70+ channels. Bed is comfortable. Big bathroom and shower area but no bathtub. There is free internet connection but no wifi. The room I have (8149) in the Pool Wing looks directly across to anther wing. About 20m away. So can't really keep the curtain open. The breakfast supplied is decent. Nothing special. The hotel is within 10 mins walk to the Royal Palace and National Museum. The restaurants and pubs is about 2km away. And the markets are about 4-5km away. So you need to take the tuk-tuk. Service is just ok. Guess they reserve the better services for the high rollers. If you are used to Las Vegas hotel, this is be quite below par. By Cambodia standard, it is one of the better ones. I would recommend friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the main wing and not the Pool Wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starfire888
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

was supposed to have stayed here for 4 nights over the new year, turned up at reception but they denied any knowledge of my booking and offered to book me a room at rack rates $320.00 a night !!
i took use of the wi-fi to purchase a room for $120.00 whilst the problem was sorted out
i managed to download the original e mail from their own booking system that confirmed my 4 night booking and that all payments had been made....it hadn't
be very very careful when you book this hotel online as they do forward an e mail to you confirming booking and payment
i sat down with the manager the following day to address the problem and it seems the problems lie totally with the booking system
he offered to fit us in for a reduced rate and in fairness he did seem embarassed by the whole episode and he also let me confirm with my bank that no payment had gone out of my account on his personal phone but the whole episode was disappointing to say the least
as for the room, yeah it was very comfortable and probably the finest bed /room on my trip but the experience left a bitter taste
reception was like an airport and the whole place had zilch feeling of being in cambodia
casinos were busy and in fairness quite good but its a hotel frequented by large chinese groups and the price of $4.5 for half a lager is crazy in a country like cambodia...no wonder the bar was nearly always empty

if you like a gamble and you dont mind the whole experience lacking anything cambodian in feel this is your place, otherwise there are plenty of hotels nearby that will fufil your needs with a lot more dignity and respect

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank smithy69uk
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 20 January 2013

As in Las Vegas this is basically a casino with an adjoining hotel. Who abhors the casino or want atmosphere of a boutique hotel should not stay here. However, the casino is very large and frequented by a multitude spectacular. East modern and decadent. The hotel rooms are on the upper floors, are modern and very quiet compared to the bedlam that is located in the lobby. The breakfast buffet is rich and varied. All things considered it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business