“More Medusa than Nagaworld!!!”

NagaWorld Hotel & Entertainment Complex
Ranked #92 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Like reviews elsewhere, the location of the hotel is superb as a large park with Ferris Wheel is situated in front. But the hotel comes with a casino which appears to be open to all. The reception area of the hotel is near to the jackpot machines and other electronic gaming machines, so it is natural for the addicted and the curious to enter and try their luck.

For starters, beware: there are many 0.1 cent machines, but these machines can really creamed off your money!

Then, there is the offer of $8 for you if you buy a scratch card worth $18. But again the lucky ones are few!

We were allocated rooms at the 10th level. The room was huge and the beds, soft and comfortable, good for sleeping. All in all, if we ignore the `Medusa' casino, we could have a good night sleep here!

The breakfast spread was also good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edyharto

Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you are travelling to Phnom Penh for business or Pleasure try this one. It is situated opposite a great theme type park so you will be able to keep the kids happy. If on business it is in a reasonable spot to get to the main CBD. There are plenty og Tuk Tuk's outside and you can strike up a relationship with one of the drivers and if you look after him, he will be there waiting most of the time. I found that travelling around the city, they were better valu than taxis.
The hotel casino is always busy so if you are up for a flutter it is right on your doorstep.
the gem of the hotel is the Night Club/Bar, great atmosphere, safe, fantastic music and if you are a muso let the band know, they will let you join them as they did me.
The dining is up to scratch with the standard fare of a 4 star Asian hotel.
All in all a nice place, a bit tired in some areas but they were working on it when I was there.
The main tourist, bar & souvenir areas are only a 10 minute ride in a Tuk tuk as is the mighty Mekong River. It is great valu, when I stayed there it worked out less than AUD$100 per night including breakfast & internet.

Room Tip: Ask to be roomed anywhere other than the front area, it gets a bit noisy,
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod Y
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We booked this hotel after some nice photos on the internet and because of it's location. The location was great, however the hotel was the worst we had stayed in all our travels in SE Asia. We stayed in the under construction wing where we did not have direct lift access. The room was two levels away from nearest lift. The wing is NOT centrally air conditioned and the air conditioners in the room struggle to keep it cool. We were here in the local winter, i can only imagine what this room would be in summer.

We complained when we returned after lunch one day to find our room had not been made. 40 minutes later not one person had come to fix this. We called reception and all they said was they would get housekeeping to clean our room. Our view is obstructed by scaffolding.

The room has a queen double or larger bed with only one bed side. The carpet is dirty and the walls are mouldy especially around the air conditioner.

Overall, after one hour of complaints we got our room cleaned but nothing more. We would never come back to this hotel and hope others stay away. Cambodia has so much better to offer than a dirty old casino with filthy rooms.

SB

Room Tip: Ask for their good wing (thats what they called it to us). But we aware that this hotel allows peopl...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SBans_13
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Undoubtedly one of the better hotels but compared with a year ago sighns of management slippage. Although the entree remains very well kept, the rooms and corridors became tacky. Dirty carpets, smole smells everywhere and black mold in bathrooms. Inparticular above the 5 feet rooms are clearly not kept clean. Wife keept coughing in this hotel. Now the breakfast is fine if you can find a plce to seat as at times the capacity is greatly exceeded. The one well priced buffet dinner priced itself with a 75% rise over one year out of the market. This is Cambodja, not Singapore. But you can realy take the buffet in peace as very few now are willing to pay what is basically the Mariot Bangkok price and thats much better. Internet , no WIFI besides the lobby. So if you thing that your IPAD will be okl, think twice and bring your labtop. Rather pushi staff (with grumpy expressions) in the lobby if you just sit there to lock on internet and access email, not ordering overpriced drinks. On drinks factor 10+ (more then 10 times shop prices)

The advise for management is, to look at the economy and wash the fods and beverage managers ears well as this way you will not get better progits, you end up with loads of onsold foods

Room Tip: Away fom the airconditionar ducting , re noise. I.e. the middle floors, lower numbers, front view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The rate given to our local office was very reasonable thus we were booked in this hotel.

Hotel does not have a non-smoking wing or floor. When I requested for the hotel for a non-smoking room, the staff was kind enough to deodorize the room by spraying the curtains, toilet, cabinet and the areas surrounding the bed with a deodorizer. It was ok until a smoker next door occuppied the room and the odor would seep through the toilet vent. I am glad that I always travel with my anti-allergy meds.

On the second night, while reading in my bed, I noticed a cockroach crawling in the headboard. Glad I was able to kill it.

There is also a constant hum of a generator outside the window. Its a good thing that I was too tired from work to have this noise keep me awake.

Tried the Italian restaurant on the first floor. The food is decent enough. I enjoyed the ravioli.

The gym is was already working during my stay. It had a couple of treadmills and other cardio equipment. There was a multi-station machine, a chin and dip bars, and dumbells - sufficient enough for a good workout. Location of gym is a bit hard to find considering it was in another wing. The staff had a difficult time explaining how to get there but they were helpful enough to accompany me to help me find it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I'm not sure why we booked this Hotel in the first place but I think it was partly because we we're in a rush and didn't look into it properly. Needless to say we are very disappointed. The smell of cigarette smoke would come through the vents and into our toilet and bathroom, room was average and well below the standard you would expect to see for that price.
People were rude and it didn't look like a hotel, I guess it's because it is a casino. My advise- if your a westerner DON'T stay here..........

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It is a decent casino hotel catering mainly for gamblers. I was told by my guide that it is the biggest hotel in Phnom Penh with over 500 rooms. The room is big. TV with 70+ channels. Bed is comfortable. Big bathroom and shower area but no bathtub. There is free internet connection but no wifi. The room I have (8149) in the Pool Wing looks directly across to anther wing. About 20m away. So can't really keep the curtain open. The breakfast supplied is decent. Nothing special. The hotel is within 10 mins walk to the Royal Palace and National Museum. The restaurants and pubs is about 2km away. And the markets are about 4-5km away. So you need to take the tuk-tuk. Service is just ok. Guess they reserve the better services for the high rollers. If you are used to Las Vegas hotel, this is be quite below par. By Cambodia standard, it is one of the better ones. I would recommend friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the main wing and not the Pool Wing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple