“Very, very good breakfast and outstanding cappuccino”

Java Cafe & Gallery
Ranked #91 of 1,486 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stopped there one morning for breakfast, we had nice seats overlooking the scenic monument on the main road, and we had the best cappuccino we found so far in Phnom Penh. We also ordered fruite with yogurt and muesli and banana pancakes, all very good!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a good spot to escape the chaos outside. It's on the main road but as soon as that glass door shuts, it's pretty peaceful inside. Good coffees and brekkie (although I had lunch here once that wasn't amazing).
Cruisey music and internet so if you need somewhere to hang for a few hours and have a few coffee, its a good spot.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stopped by here today for a quick lunch, but ended up staying for hours. Centrally located near the Independence Monument, this place offers nice sandwiches, homemade cookies and cupcakes, and their own Arabica coffee blend.

We started out with sandwiches and frappucinos, tried some of the cookies, and finished of with a couple of drinks. They do quite good cocktails.

If you're in the area after having seen the Independence monument or Wat Botom, I would definitely recommend lunch or refreshments here.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visit Phnom Penh frequently and always visit Java Cafe. The staff are friendly (if a little slow - but that seems to be the norm in Phnom Penh). The atmosphere is relaxed, the interior is pretty but simple. I really like sitting on the upstairs balcony and watch the world go by. The fresh juices are really good, as are the sandwiches, sales and soups, they make a mean cake too!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a latte and passion fruit juice and did some work here while waiting for a friend in Phnom Penh. The passion fruit was fresh and delicious, the coffee strong and amazing (but not too sweet!) There were lots of people in here working on laptops and ipads and I felt ok about staying and working quietly for longer than it took to drink my coffee. I didn't have the food, but I spied on others who did and it looked and smelled delicious!