“Great value on riverfront.”
Review of Hotel Indochine

Hotel Indochine
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Hotel Indochine
Ranked #192 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We moved from a more expensive place up the street that had no windows & smelled, to the Indochine. We got a room with a balcony view of the river, a/c, tv, fridge, hot shower. It was clean, very comfortable & excellent value. The girl on reception is very efficient & just gets on with her job so I am baffled by reviews who found her difficult. My only minor criticism is that when you go out they turn off the electric so the ice compartment starts to defrost & things don't stay cold. For a short stay you can't beat the location & this place right in amongst all the bars & restaurants. Recommended.

Room Tip: Room at the front with balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel isn't terrible but it's also not that good compared to other budget hotels I've stayed in and it is mostly due to the girl on reception. We had no reservation and checked here for two rooms, one for myself and partner and a second for his mum who was visiting us for two weeks. The girl told us she had two rooms available which we were shown and she wanted us to pay one night for each room. We told her we would take them but I had left my purse with my partners mum at a bar about 10 min away. She told us she would keep the rooms for half an hour and then would have to give them away if someone else came in. We rushed round to get our bags and made it back within half an hr, we paid, she gave us our keys. Off we went to the room we were originally shown to find another couple leaving, 'you must have the wrong room' we were told. Yep she had given the room away anyway. We ended up and a horrible basement like room which felt like the spare room no one hardly ever stays in. We then decided to move into the other room the next day when my partners mum returned home. The rooms are small but clean enough, nothing special and I suppose ok for $12 on riverfront. Other quibbles was my laundry, I was told it would be ready 7pm following evening, it wasn't, I had to keep asking when. When it finally turned up my towel was missing, then they had to ring back and get the laundry people they use to bring it later. It was all just a bit of a pain in the bum dealing with this hotel and the girl on the desk in the day really is rather miserable. A smile no and again wouldn't go a miss. All in all fairly average stay, wouldn't return there but ok of you just need a night or two and no other options.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Riverfront area is in my opinion the best one to stay in Phnom Penh: very safe at night and full of restaurants & bars where to sip also a glass of good wine.
Indochine is a very simple hotel, no breakfast service & few rooms & mostly of them without window but pretty clean room in a very excellent location (river front)... and the price is very cheap: we paid 12 US $ for a double room with toiled and hot water in December 2013...
and before dinner you can always have some fun with locals doing excercises on riverfront

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We went a bit late in phnom penh and the first place we stop was indochine hotel ! There is a construction site right behind the wall (where they destroy the wall who touch the wall of the hotel early in the morning) ! No sheet, No drinking water ! I can understand they are not responsable for the noize from the construction but laughing in front of us is just a shame !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flo_Nico1
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is located just by the river, surrounded by many restaurants, very close to the royal palace. It's very simple but ok - of course rooms are simple, many with no window (which some travelers prefer due to the constant honking sounds from the street:).
Very good value for what it offers.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place is an incredible value, right on river walk. I am here during low season and I suspect prices will rise in the fall. The rooms are all aircon rooms but they all also have fans. Some rooms have flat screen TVs. No safe in room however owner will store. Really nice staff, I assume a family, or related. Linens were nice (although towels smelled like smoke). Soap and TP is provided, no soap or water however. I paid $15 the first night in a large room (#209) with two doubles but small tube TV, then transferred to #207 for $12 night, but had a flat screen. The $10 rooms are rather small and don't have flat screen TVs, but I am sure it would be fine for a place just to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

No quibbles with the room: decent AC, wifi, flatscreen TV and comfy bed. Having read the previous review i now understand that the indifferent staff is just a cultural thing. I initially thought they were the most miserable Cambodians i'd ever met, but they're Chinese is all.
The annoying thing for me was the almost constant noise throughout the day. Construction work (drilling + hammering) next door sometimes started before 8 am and went on throughout the day. Also, at about 5:30 pm everyday a 3-hour keep-fit class commences directly outside by the river. The stereo has formidable bass, so much so that at first i thought it was a nightclub kicking off next door. Not ideal if you're after a bit of down-time after hitting the hot streets.

• Stayed: March 2013