“cheap, clean and very central for night-life.”

Indochine 2 Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 20 April 2011

This hotel is very clean, has air-con, fridge, free wi-fi and t.v. in the rooms. $15 a night or $17 with breakfast. Its a 1 minute walk from the river front and there are numerous bars and restaurants everywhere. If you are looking for cheap place this could be the one for you, no lift though.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank whipsnade1
There are newer reviews for Indochine 2 Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Stayed 2 nights. The first night I was on the 2nd floor, second night I was on the top floor with a balcony & views (when booking online I asked for a room with views/balcony & whilst they couldn't do it the 1st night, I am so glad they could arrange it for the 2nd night).

A tuk tuk to the Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng Museum cost me $7 (there are tuk tuks everywhere & negotiate your best price!). A quick trip to the Russian Market was $3. Central Market is a 3 minute walk from the hotel. The riverside restaurants are a block away.

There is free breakfast offered in the restaurant downstairs. The rooms are large & clean. There are many channels on the tv, including 3-4 English language channels. Free wifi in room and in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a window/balcony room-no extra charge!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TAAMelbourne
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Our room included breakfast at the restaurant next store; room was very modern, roomy. Staff was extremely helpful-spent a lot of time searching for and calling a hotel in Kampot for us and making other onward reservations--made life very easy.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

It was a starting night for my bicycle trip to Cambodia. I checked in right before midnight, loved the attitude at the front desk. The staff is very helpful and polite. I was immediately given a choice of where to keep my bicycle: either in a special locker or in my room. I chose a room since I needed to make some adjustments. Enjoyed the fast complimentary WiFi. Overslept the breakfast, but there is a very nice cafe and a bicycle store combined right across the street. Check Vicious Cycle, you won't get disappointed. The shower was OK, A/C worked flawlessly. The hotel arranged a Vietnam visa for me at minimal charge. I was hoping to hit the road the next morning but had to stay in Phnom Penh another night, I did not switch the hotel of course. By the end of my trip in February I wanted to sleep here as well, but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked, I was directed to another nice hotel in the vicinity. This was one of the best hotels on my Cambodian trip and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

At 7:30am they start to hammer, drilling and forming steal for some renovations until late evening. I pleased them to stop that at least until 9:00am, but after 5 minutes they start over again with the full "program". At the reception they only could say: "Sorry, but we are not able to stop the staff with renovation work." And in the evening it's very noisy from the street, even with closed windows.
The bed is the hardest I ever slept on. Room is clean, but small with only a little place to put your clothes and other things.
NO LIFT, but 4 floors!
WIFI is sometimes not working.
Only the location is perfect, because so near to the riverfront.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2011

After having been in Phnom Penh twice just for one night (stayed both times at Green Guesthouse, a fine place), we came back at the end of our trip and wanted to stay nearer the river, to be able to walk to more sites and enjoy the evenings. Indochine 2 was the only place that suited our budget in that area, and we reserved by e-mail, which was very easy. We didn't know there was no elevator, and since it's hard for me to hike up and down 3 floors we had to settle for a twin on the second floor rather than the double we reserved. The room was spacious and clean, but expensive - $27.
At night we discovered that the beds are hard as rocks, as are the pillows. Also, we had a luxurious 2 windows in our room, but a streetlight shone into each making the room as light as day, and the noise from the street never stopped, even with the windows closed and the AC on.
At 8 am I was up and out looking for another place in the same area, and we moved into the Silver River Hotel, a generic 3-star but very comfy hotel, a splurge for us at $35 a night (with breakfast). We needed to sleep!
Indochine does provide 2 free computers for guests, in the lobby, but the lobby is very similar to a bus station waiting room. And the breakfast included in the price was, in brief, awful. And the price for laundry was the most expensive we paid in Cambodia.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Stayed here for three night in a triple room. Very spacious with big beds (3x king singles - or were they all doubles?). We received free water and new towels each day. Hot shower and A/C. Everything you need. It's on the riverfront and within walking distance to the nightmarket, royal palace, ethnomuseum, Buddhist temple and countless bars and restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay here and frankly didn't mind paying the price they asked for.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends