“It's a cool place for me!”
Review of Nordic House

and 1 more site!
Nordic House
Ranked #95 of 322 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Cebu City, Philippines
“It's a cool place for me!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Well, I'd like to mention first that I like how the owner treats his guests. I enjoy talking to the guy. Plus, the room's rate is better than the one I went to when I arrived here yesterday. 15 dollars is not cheap nor expensive for me I guess but nevertheless I love the place,. Lucky for me, I don't hear the sound from the bars outside. My rooms's located at the opposite side. AC's working, a cable TV, the bed's awesome, and the bathroom is clean. I'm just glad to have seen this place. Also, it's near the river so if I wanna try to just sit down and feel the water, it's just a walk away from the place.

Room Tip: Choose the room at the opposite side so you won't hear the sound from the outside, especially th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank naturalfreakcyr... V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The best Fish and Chips in town. Top cook, excellent staff and not too noisy but getting noisier. Shame about all the bars left and right and opposite. Eat early before the nightlife hits this part of town

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Australiamac
Semenyih, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed only for one night. 15 dollar for one night is a great bargain. Nothing to complain, room was quite small. But bed was comfortable. Good place to crash. Breakfast was awesome, staffs are friendly and helpful. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Saigon
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Over the years I've always had breakfast here and an meal now and again. This time I decided to stay for three nights as I've always heard mixed reviews from friends and colleagues.

The location is great, it's actually very near to where I usually stay in PP. The staff are wonderful, a bit cheeky (which I like), and helpful.

But....the problem is what I often see in Cambodia in Western-owned establishments. A lack of attention to detail and I'm talking about the little things. Fix the light fixtures! New light bulbs! And for God's sake, new bed linen and towels. Get rid of the thread bare linens which are stained and have holes in them and get rid of the worn-out towels. Just simple changes like that (and it's not expensive to do) would make all the difference in the world! I'm in the business myself so I'm always looking at the small things like this. Believe me, it would make a difference.

Overall, I like the place. Just need to take some pride in running the place and pay more attention to the details.

Room Tip: Spend the 30$ for a large room! The extra space and balcony is worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed in Room 7 which was quite small (probably the smallest in the guesthouse) but clean and had AC, TV and a fan. We asked for a room at the back and it was reasonably quiet. The rooms at the front are much larger but I have been told they are a bit noisy as they face onto the street. The room cost $15 USD. The location is great, just of the main street along the river and close to restaurants. There is free WiFi and also free laundry. We had excellent service here, all the staff are friendly and helpful. We only ate breakfast but that was very nice and the kitchen looked very clean. This guesthouse is managed well, on our first night one of the other visitors came home late and was yelling and screaming. The next day they asked him to leave and appologised to us. The guest house is locked at about 11pm too. You should understand that this part of Phnom Pehn does have a lot of "hostess" bars and there are a lot of older men with young girls. This is what it is and if you are offended or dont like this then you should probably find a different area to stay.

Room Tip: ASk for a room at the back - it's quieter (although it will be small)
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I did not stay there but I often eat here. Easy to find and a great place to meet with friends. Not as quiet as it used to be during the peak season.
Best Fish and Chips in town. Great staff! Great owner who keeps an eye on things

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Australiamac
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 21 November 2012

It is the neighborhood which makes it bit on the downside..unless you like the bars loaded with girls and can stand the noise till 2 am. Breakfast good, dinner good, all western style that is. Managed well, by local manager and his staff. Good Wifi, but ah well it is all what you prefer and personal. ok the Candy bar is 24 hrs per day open so you wont exactly die out of thirst. More of run-down pocket.

Room Tip: Check what is offered, some roooms are small, some have extreme low entrace.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business