“Nice hotel”

Ranked #55 of 325 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a wonderful time in PP. Hotel service was good. If you are very picky with food, you can find a lot of places within 5-10 minutes tuk-tuk drive. Good massage place is just 5 min walk. Location is perfect for sightseeing and shopping.

Room Tip: Try Japanese massage on same street. Have a breakfast at Comme a la Maison boulangerie on street 57...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Quiet spacious rooms, we had a room closer up to the top floor. Nice hot showers with coffee and tea facilities. The service was amazing and very pleasant. Loved that a signboard greeted us with our names at the entrance so you cant miss it. Excellent location, walking distance to the palace, the museum, central market, soyra mall and the riverside. The convience of tuk tuks "partnered" with the hotel is brilliant as the staff will translate for you to let the driver know where to go. The tuk tuk rate is set for you at the market rate so no need to have the repetitive job of bargaining. The staff are so pleasant and so nice, the rooms are also the same. Staff will greet with a drink and explain to you all the attractions and close eateries. we reccomend trying the beef and ant dish around PP if you find the chance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights on 2 occasions.

When you arrive, the staff will greet you politely and check you in. While you wait, they will give you a map of the city and talk about the sights and restaurants available, taking care to highlight them on the map. I found this a real help, and appreciated it tremendously.a

When I wanted to rent a tuk-tuk to visit the attractions in the city, one of the staff offered to help me arrange for a tuk-tuk to drive me and my friend around. At first I was skeptical, thinking that perhaps the hotel was receiving some kind of kickbacks from the drivers to arrange such a service, so I declined. When I was in the city and negotiating for a tuk-tuk though, I realized that the price that I was quoted was in fact very low. It gave me more confidence to accept the staff's offer of further help in the future.

When we needed a place to store my bags after checkout, the staff helped us put our bags in a room under lock and key. That in itself isn't outstanding, but the way that the staff continued to be courteous, politely chatty and very helpful even though I was no longer a customer, was felt deeply.

I haven't even got to the rooms yet. The room that I stayed at both times was excellent! It was to me terrific value for money. It was the executive suite. There was a queen-sized bed and a single bed, large towels, a wardrobe, 2 beside tables and wardrobes, even a large living room with TV + minibar and a balcony with a settee! It wasn't the Hilton (of course), but if that's what you're expecting then your expectations are unrealistic. The room overall was well-kept, very clean, with warm wood paneling and well-maintained, silent air-conditioning. I loved it!

Special thanks goes to Mr Sang, Ms Bopha and Mr Pha for your warm hospitality and countless little gestures like bringing me an additional A/C remote, eating utensils, even giving me everything I need from the first aid box when my girlfriend had a bout of indigestion. You made my stay in Phnom Penh a pleasant, enjoyable experience. Some travelers groan when they have to go back to their hole in the wall each night to sleep. I slept well, and felt safe in your care. ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our first stop in Cambodia and I'll be surprised if any other place can match or beat their friendliness or standards. The rooms are immaculate, the rm we were in 301 was huge for two people, fantastic!

If you want to go to the river front it is a 20min walk and crossing busy roads can take awhile, we found it easier to use the guest house tuk tuk driver for $2 trip. You can arrange a pick up time and he collects you, trip back is $3 on a night.
If your visiting S21/ killing fields or tickets to next place we again recommend booking through the guest house, you just can't go wrong.

Has mentioned above it isn't close to the main dinning/drinking area, but with the tuk tuk bein so cheap it didn't bother us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, we had booked a junior suite but was told it wasnt available and we had been upgraded. Arrived at the room and was totally not what we expected! It was basically an apartment! Living room and balcony...bonus. All very clean. Breakfast seemed a random selection but the pancakes were good! Along street 63 it is pretty easy to walk to places.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived from uk mid afternoon,greeted with cold towels,fresh orange juice and bags taken up to our room, by smiing staff A lovely gesture was seeing our names, on a board outside the guesthouse, welcoming us to their guesthouse. We felt welcomed from the start.
. We had booked a junior suite but were informed that we had been upgraded to an executive suite. Wow when we saw it, enormous. The suite had a bedroom with double and single bed. Wardrobe,two chests of drawers, 2 bedside tables,tv, and ensuite with bath and shower. Dressing robes and slippers were provided.in addition there was a large sitting room fully furnished with a television and a seperate large balcony with a settee.
We were immeditely given the wifi address, a tourist guide book and shown how to use the safe.

The following morning we had breakfast,included. We were given a menu to choose from and our choice was freshly cooked. I would say there were about 8 choices. We also had coffee and a fresh platter of fruit.

This breakfast was the norm for our 4 night stay.The food was well cooked and presented,and the sevice was calm,unrushed and polite.

That morning it was raining heavily and the staff gave us plastic macks and umberellas. What kind people and thoughtfulness.

We booked our tours through them and our driver
Sarin was polte, safe and courteous.

The staff all of them seem happy,make your stay extremely comfortale and cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble for any one of them. The guesthouse is spotless and the staff work very hard. The owner should be very proud of her team.

Finally i would like to say a big thank you to all for making us feel so very,very welcome.
John and christine manchester uk.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Aqua Boutique Guesthouse, personnel was very friendly and the location was excellent. We arranged our trips to the sights of Phnom Penh and all worked out well. Great value for money!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple